Azura - New Improved Embarkation Process

FAB1

Any chance you could let us know what boarding time they have, and what loyalty tier they are.

If they have a late boarding time, and have to sit and wait I would hope that common sense would enable able bodied people to give up their seats for those less able. Tell them to speak to the ladies who are handing out the cards etc.

After lunch is finished the buffet is still open, it is just what is on offer is changed, more tea/cakes/hot choices etc.

3 days before sailing is not good I agree.

According to the new embarkation procedures on Pando's website, lunch will now be served right up to sailaway. Great if you want lunch followed shortly by early dinner!

They have been allocated 13:30. I would normally take them (guilt!) but my in-laws Diamond anniversary meal starts at exactly this time.

My parents are Caribbean tier with P&O - very experienced cruisers with well over 70 sailings around the world under their belts with a number of cruise lines.

They prefer the dining room over the scrum of the buffet, but will make do. I suspect they will look forward to dinner with even more enthusiasm!!!

I suspect I will be typing a letter to P&O post cruise...

Edited by Kitekat

They have been allocated 13:30. I would normally take them (guilt!) but my in-laws Diamond anniversary meal starts at exactly this time.

My parents are Caribbean tier with P&O - very experienced cruisers with well over 70 sailings around the world under their belts with a number of cruise lines.

They prefer the dining room over the scrum of the buffet, but will make do. I suspect they will look forward to dinner with even more enthusiasm!!!

I suspect I will be typing a letter to P&O post cruise...

If they are Caribbean then they can check in at 13.00. That is what P&O is saying. The Caribbean Lunch with drinks will start at 13.30. They should not listen to all the cobblers being posted by people who do not know or who have an Axe to grind. If they need assistance it will be there for them. There will also be seat for those who need it.

Kitekat, listen to Dai. I am sure they will have no problem at all. They already qualify for early and priority embarkation and will certainly be looked after if they need assistance. I noticed at Mayflower the other week that there was a special seating area for the upper tiers as well, but I am sure they will receive all the asistance they are due.

Edited by Scriv

Thanks for all your replies.

I talked to them again this afternoon. Taxi is now booked (their usual driver is dining elsewhere...) and they have calmed down. Mayflower terminal used not to have much seating, and they would have been unable to manage their two heavy cases if they arrived at their usual planned time as there no luggage handling services early on.

Their main peeve is the lateness of the information.

Since the beginning of October, many of us on this thread and on Facebook have been trying to tell P&O that they needed to make a better job of communicating these new arrangements to cruisers. It seems that only those who use social media frequently were "in the know" There was an announcement earlier this week that they will be contacting everyone a week or two before their cruise and since your parents are going this week it is unlucky that the letter arrived so late.

As others have said, if they're Caribbean they can board from 1:00, whatever their eticket says, and there are nibbles and drinks available in a lounge on board from 1:30 - 3:30 for Caribbean + so at least they will be able to get a snack to tide them over till dinner or will know to have lunch before they go. They will be able to hand over their luggage whatever time they arrive, usually from about 11:00.

Since the beginning of October, many of us on this thread and on Facebook have been trying to tell P&O that they needed to make a better job of communicating these new arrangements to cruisers. It seems that only those who use social media frequently were "in the know" There was an announcement earlier this week that they will be contacting everyone a week or two before their cruise and since your parents are going this week it is unlucky that the letter arrived so late.

As others have said, if they're Caribbean they can board from 1:00, whatever their eticket says, and there are nibbles and drinks available in a lounge on board from 1:30 - 3:30 for Caribbean + so at least they will be able to get a snack to tide them over till dinner or will know to have lunch before they go. They will be able to hand over their luggage whatever time they arrive, usually from about 11:00.

The Nibbles are what you used to get last year ie. a hot buffet. Quite substantial.

Thanks for all your replies.

I talked to them again this afternoon. Taxi is now booked (their usual driver is dining elsewhere...) and they have calmed down. Mayflower terminal used not to have much seating, and they would have been unable to manage their two heavy cases if they arrived at their usual planned time as there no luggage handling services early on.

Their main peeve is the lateness of the information.

Kitekat, any chance on their return you could post as to how they got on. The major problem seems to be P and O not letting people know their cunning plan in enough time. Therefore a lot of posts on here have been from people who have not actually cruised yet, but are posting on rumours they have heard.

Anyone who does not use the internet may not even be aware that things had changed.

Our eTickets have just become available, we are on Aurora for New Year. We are on E Deck and have an embarkation time of 1.30 and we are aiming to arrive as near to that as we can, but being one of life's early people I'm not sure how successful we will be!

This time ties in with what another person said earlier on this thread in that they were on E Deck on Aurora with a 1.30 embarkation time, changed their cabin to one on A deck and got a later embarkation time.

Whether they change it around so its fair I don't know but suspect we will find out over the next few months.

Kitekat, any chance on their return you could post as to how they got on. The major problem seems to be P and O not letting people know their cunning plan in enough time. Therefore a lot of posts on here have been from people who have not actually cruised yet, but are posting on rumours they have heard.

Anyone who does not use the internet may not even be aware that things had changed.

I'll be happy to let everyone know. I will be picking them up from City terminal on 5 December! Normal services will be resumed. They will give me the low down on the way home, along with any other highs and lows of the cruise.

Hi Amanda -

Thanks for the heads up that the E tickets are ready for that cruise.

We are on C deck and have a time of 2.30pm which suits us just fine.

We will have a light lunch at home as we live not too far away and will also aim for arrival as near to that as we can.

Edited by Scriv

Hi Amanda -

Thanks for the heads up that the E tickets are ready for that cruise.

We are on C deck and have a time of 2.30pm which suits us just fine.

We will have a light lunch at home as we live not too far away and will also aim for arrival as near to that as we can.

Looks like they are working from bottom deck to top deck for embarkation...someone on B deck has a 3.00 time so looks like it half an hour between each deck.

I think the buffet is now staying open all day for lunch...(I don't like buffets and try to avoid but will sometimes have something on embarkation day!)

Yes, we usually have something on board when we embark early, but 2 30 is a bit late for it especially as we are on early sitting.

So we will go through, hopefully straight to the cabin, unpack and then find our little tipple lol.

We were always early boarders as well, shame they've changed it, with Cunard we are platinium so get priority and with Princess, after this cruise, we will be Elite, still got a long way to go to get to caribbean though with P&O!

We will try and stick to the time as that is what we have been asked to do...we will stop off en-route for a drink if it looks like we will arrive too early!

We have about an hour and half, two hour drive, depending on traffic so its not too bad!

Looks like they are working from bottom deck to top deck for embarkation...someone on B deck has a 3.00 time so looks like it half an hour between each deck.

I think the buffet is now staying open all day for lunch...(I don't like buffets and try to avoid but will sometimes have something on embarkation day!)

On every other day the buffet is open continuously, however with a change to afternoon tea around 3:30, so why should embarkation day be any different. I don't see continuing to serve lunch as a major enhancement, in fact as some have said they would not want something as substantial as a lunch if they boarded later.

So I ask P&O, please stop digging yourself deeper into this hole of your own making.

On every other day the buffet is open continuously, however with a change to afternoon tea around 3:30, so why should embarkation day be any different. I don't see continuing to serve lunch as a major enhancement, in fact as some have said they would not want something as substantial as a lunch if they boarded later.

So I ask P&O, please stop digging yourself deeper into this hole of your own making.

I don't see why they thought they had to fix what wasn't broken, but they work in mysterious ways do P&O.....

I have had official confirmation from P&O as well that passengers on Intercruises coaches do get priority when they arrive...I think that's rather unfair on those already waiting but apparently nobody has actually boarded later than their allotted time (cough) expect for operational issues on the day or late arrival of passengers....

Our eTickets have just become available, we are on Aurora for New Year. We are on E Deck and have an embarkation time of 1.30 and we are aiming to arrive as near to that as we can, but being one of life's early people I'm not sure how successful we will be!

This time ties in with what another person said earlier on this thread in that they were on E Deck on Aurora with a 1.30 embarkation time, changed their cabin to one on A deck and got a later embarkation time.

Whether they change it around so its fair I don't know but suspect we will find out over the next few months.

Hello Amanda, there are a couple of us on the roll call, please join us if you want to

I don't see why they thought they had to fix what wasn't broken, but they work in mysterious ways do P&O.....

I have had official confirmation from P&O as well that passengers on Intercruises coaches do get priority when they arrive...I think that's rather unfair on those already waiting but apparently nobody has actually boarded later than their allotted time (cough) expect for operational issues on the day or late arrival of passengers....

I had confirmation from P&O a couple of weeks ago that coach passengers board as soon as they arrive. We have an embarkation time of 3:30 pm, we received our pick up time from Intercruises this week and it is now 1.5 hours later than we have been picked up previously and we are scheduled to arrive in Southampton at 3 pm. I spoke to a friend yesterday who went on the coach in October and she told me that the times were exactly the same for them and that they did board as soon as they arrived. She then said that the main topic of conversation between passengers on their coach had been the embarkation times and surprise surprise everyone had 3:30 pm for embarkation so it looks like P&O are actually tying embarkation times and coach arrivals together.

The Nibbles are what you used to get last year ie. a hot buffet. Quite substantial.

This isn't what I've been told by P&O Dai. I've been in contact with a member of Customer Services by email on various occasions over the changes and she told me it was alcoholic drinks, soft drinks and canapés. If it's wrong I heard it from the horse's mouth - well the horse's email :D.

This isn't what I've been told by P&O Dai. I've been in contact with a member of Customer Services by email on various occasions over the changes and she told me it was alcoholic drinks, soft drinks and canapés. If it's wrong I heard it from the horse's mouth - well the horse's email :D.

Him horse speak with forked tongue "Kemosabie" On Britannia on 522 and 523 there was a finger buffet as we have had for the past few years. Far more substantial that canapés. Perhaps they had not told the Britannia staff they had got it wrong. :) :) :)

Him horse speak with forked tongue "Kemosabie" On Britannia on 522 and 523 there was a finger buffet as we have had for the past few years. Far more substantial that canapés. Perhaps they had not told the Britannia staff they had got it wrong. :) :) :)

I'll leave you to tell P&O then

I suppose this all depends on definitions of canapés. On Arcadia they had tables with a limited selection (about 4/5 things) of small wraps, prawns on skewers type foods. It was obvious they were trying to limit people to one glass of fizz. So I would certainly not describe it as lunch, however, it was more than a small canapé but not as varied and interesting as you would expect a finger buffet to be. I'd say somewhere between the two [emoji6]

I suppose this all depends on definitions of canapés. On Arcadia they had tables with a limited selection (about 4/5 things) of small wraps, prawns on skewers type foods. It was obvious they were trying to limit people to one glass of fizz. So I would certainly not describe it as lunch, however, it was more than a small canapé but not as varied and interesting as you would expect a finger buffet to be. I'd say somewhere between the two [emoji6]

Well last time I only got one glass of Fizz.........but I did get 2 glasses of red which was much better.

Certainly over the past couple of years on Arcadia it has been finger buffet and the devils own job to get more than one drink.

As suites and high tiers loyalty have to be on board early-due to all the money they have given Pando in the past...do you think we will see a drift towards the buffet, to provide something more substantial until the evening meal:o:o:D:D:eek::eek:

The above is only joking..i just couldn't resist it..Nobody take offence ..