Azura - New Improved Embarkation Process

FAB1

I think the answer to getting more than 1 drink is, don't be shy. We are rather partial to fizz, will quite happily sit and sip it for a couple of hours and that is exactly what we have done every time we have sailed from S'ton since being Caribbean.

Agree with you Somerset Cruiser. Think you have to make yourself known to the waiters and smile a lot!

Agree with you Somerset Cruiser. Think you have to make yourself known to the waiters and smile a lot!

We don't drink much in the afternoon so one was ok for us, but the people at our table were trying really hard, it was as if the waiters had been told to avoid and delay.

As an unashamed turn up at noon and forget the time on my ticket I have always been amazed at the way people are happy to give up their seats to book in, and then queue for ages at the security scanners, and then queue to get on the ship. In the past this has taken up to 45 minutes.

It's akin to waiting for a bus - moaning when sat in a windproof shelter when the bus is late - then elated when the bus turns up, but having to stand crammed in like a sardine for the rest of the journey.

Just my observations.

As an unashamed turn up at noon and forget the time on my ticket I have always been amazed at the way people are happy to give up their seats to book in, and then queue for ages at the security scanners, and then queue to get on the ship. In the past this has taken up to 45 minutes.

It's akin to waiting for a bus - moaning when sat in a windproof shelter when the bus is late - then elated when the bus turns up, but having to stand crammed in like a sardine for the rest of the journey.

Just my observations.

However a lot of people have been posting that turn up at the allocated time, and being on board with in 15-20mins.

Or we could do it your way, turn up at noon ignoring the time on the ticket and sitting there for many hours.

Oh it is difficult to know which one I would go for here........

However a lot of people have been posting that turn up at the allocated time, and being on board with in 15-20mins.

Or we could do it your way, turn up at noon ignoring the time on the ticket and sitting there for many hours.

I have no intention of continuing to turn up and sit around for ages. It was an observation from experience. I was trying to say that people who are complainingg about sitting around waiting were quite happy to stand around queueing.

I have my E tickets but there is no sign of an embarkation time on them, first time with P&O so not sure if that's where I find the time? Can someone point me in the right direction please

There shoukd be 2 large boxes on your eticket headed Embarkation and Disembarkation.

In the Embarkation box it should give your "arrival time" above the date.

Remember as well that you seem to be very lucky with your travel

Others have to make contingency plans to avoid the worry of missing the cruise

I suppose this all depends on definitions of canapés. On Arcadia they had tables with a limited selection (about 4/5 things) of small wraps, prawns on skewers type foods. It was obvious they were trying to limit people to one glass of fizz. So I would certainly not describe it as lunch, however, it was more than a small canapé but not as varied and interesting as you would expect a finger buffet to be. I'd say somewhere between the two [emoji6]

On Arcadia in September I got 4 glasses of fizz!

I have my E tickets but there is no sign of an embarkation time on them, first time with P&O so not sure if that's where I find the time? Can someone point me in the right direction please

This only applies to Southampton Departures. Not fly cruises.

Kitekat, any chance on their return you could post as to how they got on. The major problem seems to be P and O not letting people know their cunning plan in enough time. Therefore a lot of posts on here have been from people who have not actually cruised yet, but are posting on rumours they have heard.

Anyone who does not use the internet may not even be aware that things had changed.

Okay, I spoke to them prior to ship's departure this evening.

They arrived at 12:45 and had to sit for about 10 minutes. Planned boarding time was 13:30 but as Caribbean tier they were able to board early - within 10 minutes. They went straight to their cabin and then to their special lunch.

There were sufficient nibbles - samosas, open smoked salmon sandwiches, etc. They had a glass of sparkling on arrival and were able to order a few whisky & american gingers, plus some glasses of wine.

Sounds like a good start to a cruise!!! (our lunch was good but rather expensive!!!)

If anyone wants further info I will try to find out and report back.

They arrived at 12:45 and had to sit for about 10 minutes. Planned boarding time was 13:30 but as Caribbean tier they were able to board early - within 10 minutes. They went straight to their cabin and then to their special lunch.

There were sufficient nibbles - samosas, open smoked salmon sandwiches, etc. They had a glass of sparkling on arrival and were able to order a few whisky & american gingers, plus some glasses of wine.

Sounds like a good start to a cruise!!! (our lunch was good but rather expensive!!!)

Glad they were ok, which ship was it (sorry it's probably a few pages back)

That's great kitekat. and thank you for sharing this with us. It gives us an idea of what to expect. We're not really bothered about lunch but pleased we can go straight to our cabin and that there is a lounge where we can meet up with our friends. Hopefully we'll manage to grab more than once glass of bubbly!

Edited by tartanexile81

We were in Southampton yesterday and over coffee were discussing these issues and decided for our next trip we will arrive early due to concerns over road conditions (National Express coaches were quite delayed yesterday arriving in Southampton after an incident in Winchester around midday) and if we had a 3.30 boarding time, delays could be distastrous should we try to coincide our arrival time for in or around 3pm.

So, happy to get there early and we have no problem either waiting for our boarding time, or getting off to West Quay for a couple of hours or so. We would want to drop off luggage first though - so have we got a definitive time for the start of the luggage drop-off time and is that the same for all cruises?

We were in Southampton yesterday and over coffee were discussing these issues and decided for our next trip we will arrive early due to concerns over road conditions (National Express coaches were quite delayed yesterday arriving in Southampton after an incident in Winchester around midday) and if we had a 3.30 boarding time, delays could be distastrous should we try to coincide our arrival time for in or around 3pm.

So, happy to get there early and we have no problem either waiting for our boarding time, or getting off to West Quay for a couple of hours or so. We would want to drop off luggage first though - so have we got a definitive time for the start of the luggage drop-off time and is that the same for all cruises?

I think 11 ish seems to be a good time. Unless there was delays in the ship returning from a previous cruise, that would apply to all cruises. If the ship was delayed coming in, you would be informed anyway and they would inform then when they wanted people to arrive. (make sure Pando have an uptodate mobile number to contact you on)

I think 11 ish seems to be a good time. Unless there was delays in the ship returning from a previous cruise, that would apply to all cruises. If the ship was delayed coming in, you would be informed anyway and they would inform then when they wanted people to arrive. (make sure Pando have an uptodate mobile number to contact you on)

Thank you. Wouldn't arrive quite that early but if we can book our taxi to drop off the cases at the port then drop us at West Quay that would be great. Mid-day would suit us well. We can then amble back to the port at an appropriate time. I'm happy as long as I can see the ship and it's not disappearing down Southampton Water!!! Hadn't thought about P&O letting us know about any delays - good point about checking they have an up-to-date mobile number. Will do that now!

Thank you. Wouldn't arrive quite that early but if we can book our taxi to drop off the cases at the port then drop us at West Quay that would be great. Mid-day would suit us well. We can then amble back to the port at an appropriate time. I'm happy as long as I can see the ship and it's not disappearing down Southampton Water!!! Hadn't thought about P&O letting us know about any delays - good point about checking they have an up-to-date mobile number. Will do that now!

We had a text and an email when our cruise was delayed once so def worth keeping your details accurate.

I have just returned from a brilliant cruise to the Canaries on Arcadia. We had a check in time of 2:30. We arrived in the terminal around 2:15 and on the ship in our cabin by 2:40. We are not priority boarders so were directed to a short queue of people waiting to check in. There was another much longer queue of people with red and green cards, presumably to denote their order of arrival, wishing to board early and there were some sitting waiting to join this longer queue. They appeared to be allowed to check in when there were no others waiting to board at their allotted time.

The system appeared to work very well for those who arrived at the correct time. If anybody was dis-satisfied, it is likely that they were trying to board early. I just hope that P&O stick to the new system and are not tempted to slide back into what was previously a free for all.

Re : We had a text and an email when our cruise was delayed once so def worth keeping your details accurate.

Us too last month - sad thing was I hadn't switched my mobile on first thing so missed the two really early texts.

So yes, I agree to make sure your contact details are up to date and preferably a mobile number - and 2, switch mobile on near to travel!!

Re: The system appeared to work very well for those who arrived at the correct time

Thanks for the encouraging news, Pete. That is what we are planning to do in 5 weeks. :)

Edited by Scriv

The system appeared to work very well for those who arrived at the correct time. If anybody was dis-satisfied, it is likely that they were trying to board early. I just hope that P&O stick to the new system and are not tempted to slide back into what was previously a free for all.

yeah yeah cheer cheer cheer cheer

happy happy happy happy

:D:D:D:

what else can I do to show I agree with this

:p:p:p