Azura - New Improved Embarkation Process

FAB1

I don't think its worth stressing about at all. Loads of good reports on here about how well the new procedure is going but some people are just ignoring the facts and still whinging on about anything and eveything they can.

I hope you are not insinuating that I'm whinging.....

Hi, sorry wasn't being sarcastic about reading our post. It came out wrong :)

We cruised not long after the change so we did what we (and lots of others) had done in the past and arrived when we wanted to. This was generally about noon whatever the time. As a result we did the same this year as we'd booked about 18 months before the cruise and sorted our hotel out then.

In August we got there about 12 noon and were given a boarding card with a letter on. We then had to wait for an hour or so while suite guests etc could get on board. Then boarding started and we had to wait for our number to be called. If I'm honest I can't remember what time we got on - I think it was about 2.30pm. We have posted somewhere on here, but, like you say, it is a loooooooonnnnnnnnggggg thread ;-)

From what I understand they have tightened up the system since August and I have read that some people are being made to wait for their proper boarding time.

If we cruised next week I wouldn't expect to get on before your time to be honest.

Not sure if this answered your question as I feel like I am waffling ....

Please see my post no 1060 which explains my recent experience and debunks this theory.

Agree with that Barbara. At first I thought it should be linked to when you book and whether you're Select / Saver but when I thought it through, I realised it just can't be done if they're doing blocks of cabins to get them ready and would undermine why they've changed it

If people are still unhappy with the system after they've tried it, then they need to give P&O feedback. That's why I had intended to say no more on the subject and wait till Feb to try it out :).

BTW, the longest thread I've ever taken part in was a roll call for Ruby Princess. There were 2334 and 50252 views. Don't think we'll reach those giddy heights - or will we? :D

Hi, when we boarded in November all cabins were ready by 12.30. I had previously assumed that as the boarding was by deck the cabins would be aligned to that, but this did not appear to be the case.

Shambles

Arrived 2pm for 2.30 slot

Our taxi was directed to an area with no porters. Took me ages

to get a porter

Now 2.55. Terminal full

At least 5 more cards before us

Have spoken to 3 sets of passengers who say they are

now done with p&o

Someone elsewhere has posted that there are boarding problems today due to weather and airbridge problems. The weather isnt P&O's fault.....

As someonewho lives on the south coast, I can report that I could not open my car door on the seafront this morning the wind was that strong......says it all really!

Someone elsewhere has posted that there are boarding problems today due to weather and airbridge problems. The weather isnt P&O's fault.....

As someonewho lives on the south coast, I can report that I could not open my car door on the seafront this morning the wind was that strong......says it all really!

It would appear that because of the wind they have to restrict numbers on the air bridge.

It's good to know that having to wait would put 5 sets of people off from sailing with P&O again. What a joke.

It would appear that because of the wind they have to restrict numbers on the air bridge.

It's good to know that having to wait would put 5 sets of people off from sailing with P&O again. What a joke.

Dai, it may just be that the wait is the last straw, we do not know what experience these people have had recently with P&O.

I do think that if it is just the wait then it is a bit extreme as it would seem to be out of P&O's control. Personally I would prefer to wait and be safe on the air bridge in high winds

Dai, it may just be that the wait is the last straw, we do not know what experience these people have had recently with P&O.

I do think that if it is just the wait then it is a bit extreme as it would seem to be out of P&O's control. Personally I would prefer to wait and be safe on the air bridge in high winds

Sounds more like someone stirring the pot.

Defenders of P&O do say what you like

We set next to a lady widowed 3 months ago, Caribbean tier,

Thought she had priority. Was told to wait

They got the alphabet wrong and missed her completely

Yes we have been told problems with airbridge, but embarking

later has made it worse. Weather in Southamptin fine till

about noon

Our cabin steward has told us all the cabins on this deck were

ready at 12.30 and the stewards wondering where we all are

No lunch

Loads of people had to stand

Happy days

about noon

No lunch

Happy days

So those standing would be the ones getting there early? No they would be the ones sitting forcing those arriving at the correct time standing.

about noon

No lunch

Happy days

I have sympathy for the recently widowed lady but if her ticket had the boarding time on it, she should have turned up at the appropriate time. This is not the fault of P&O. At least she had a seat.

The fact that the weather was so bad from 12:00 that boarding was delayed is irrelevant to the new procedures. I find it hard to believe that previously passengers were allowed to board before 12:00.

Of course P&O make mistakes, but in my opinion, this is not one of them.

So those standing would be the ones getting there early? No they would be the ones sitting forcing those arriving at the correct time standing.

Those with problems are going to get there early, in order to get a seat should there be boarding delays. It happens, and I certainly don't expect someone to give up their seat for those arriving later.

Not for the first time, I'm afraid I really don't understand what you're getting at:).

Edited by AnnieC

I have sympathy for the recently widowed lady but if her ticket had the boarding time on it, she should have turned up at the appropriate time. This is not the fault of P&O. At least she had a seat.

The fact that the weather was so bad from 12:00 that boarding was delayed is irrelevant to the new procedures. I find it hard to believe that previously passengers were allowed to board before 12:00.

Of course P&O make mistakes, but in my opinion, this is not one of them.

The recently widowed lady did tun up at the right time. if she was on caribbean, she should have been allowed to board at 1:00 p.m. A member of staff must have made a mistake.

You don't know that. There were problems with the air-bridge so there would be a huge backlog in the waiting area. I've messaged someone who was sailing today and I understand it was during priority boarding that things started to go wrong.

Edited by tartanexile81

You don't know that. There were problems with the air-bridge so there would be a huge backlog in the waiting area. I've messaged someone who was sailing today and I understand it was during priority boarding that things started to go wrong.

Oh yes he does. There is nothing he doesn't know:D.

Sadly, there are some people who are never wrong and must always have the last word... must make life very difficult.

Edited by AnnieC

Where is Brian Rix? This thread is now becoming a total farce. Not only have we gone round with the same arguments three times, but every delay of a few minutes is down to this 'new' check in scheme. If check in is the be all and end all of your cruise then get a life. To those who find it the 'final straw' then go - you won't be missed - Rant over.

Oh yes he does. There is nothing he doesn't know:D.

Sadly, there are some people who are never wrong and must always have the last word... must make life very difficult.

There is no need for nastiness at all.

It's quite simple if large numbers did not turn up at the wrong time there would be spaces for everyone even with delays. Now clearly one lady was missed. That was wrong.

Again we do not need nastiness in posts.

The recently widowed lady did tun up at the right time. if she was on caribbean, she should have been allowed to board at 1:00 p.m. A member of staff must have made a mistake.

I do read other forums and a number of people have posted about the problems. I do not get my information solely from here.

I do read other forums and a number of people have posted about the problems. I do not get my information solely from here.

The point I was making Mr daiB was that none of us know that it was people arriving early who caused the problems. We don't know how many other people had the same problem as the lady who was Caribbean didn't get on at priority time. At the heart of it all was the weather / air-bridge problem and that was unforeseen.

I agree with your other post that nastiness is not needed on these boards. However I also agree with Annie that some people sound such know-alls in their posts and it can be off-putting. We're all here because we love cruising and want to share our experiences.

The point I was making Mr daiB was that none of us know that it was people arriving early who caused the problems. We don't know how many other people had the same problem as the lady who was Caribbean didn't get on at priority time. At the heart of it all was the weather / air-bridge problem and that was unforeseen.

I agree with your other post that nastiness is not needed on these boards. However I also agree with Annie that some people sound such know-alls in their posts and it can be off-putting. We're all here because we love cruising and want to share our experiences.

The first posts I saw were at about 14.00 but were about an hour old people saying they were not on yet. Someone who was Baltic ousted they were on fore 14.00 but there had been lots of people when they got there.

So in normal circumstances the fact that people had got there too early would not have caused a problem. Hey would just have ad to wait. But with the delay of 30 to 45 mins the problem started.

Having said that in the old system of a free for all there would have been problems and the waiting area would have been full. Remember one of the reasons for the change a was so many people turning up very early.

And now for a good embarkation experience though you have to go to Barbados to enjoy it.

The flight from Birmingham landed at 2.30 and we were sat on the ship with drinks in hand at 3.30. No customs or bags to collect, it was bliss, they have certainly got the Caribbean down to a fine art.

(Review of the cruise to follow, quick summary was that Britannia was wonderful.)

And now for a good embarkation experience though you have to go to Barbados to enjoy it.

The flight from Birmingham landed at 2.30 and we were sat on the ship with drinks in hand at 3.30. No customs or bags to collect, it was bliss, they have certainly got the Caribbean down to a fine art.

(Review of the cruise to follow, quick summary was that Britannia was wonderful.)

But that's not good enough for some, apparently the check in shed is not up to scratch.

Looking forward to your review, we are on Britannia in February and have a few reservations.