Holy WOW sale??????

champagne123

Just checked the RCCL website and saw there is a 7 day Wow sale. Holy cow, both my Anthem and Harmony cruises skyrocketed today. :eek: Where is the WOW?????

The category I booked for Harmony was sold out a few months ago, but I checked other categories that I considered....ummm I failed to see the WOW price.

I booked my stepson in a CP balcony and that is now OVER $500. more than I booked it for back in June!!!

WOWSA!!

Just checked the RCCL website and saw there is a 7 day Wow sale. Holy cow, both my Anthem and Harmony cruises skyrocketed today. :eek: Where is the WOW?????

Well, it still makes you say "WOW!", just not in a good way.

Tired of the WOW and BOGOHO teases, and it would be nice if the prices dropped, even for a day or two, to what they were during the first and only legit BOGOHO back in May of last year. Though they only lasted a few days, those were some great deals.

Edited by TheInnocentAge

Tired of the WOW and BOGOHO teases, and it would be nice if the prices dropped, even for a day or two, to what they were during the first and only legit BOGOHO back in May of last year. Though they only lasted a few days, those were some great deals.

Hahaha. YOU are absolutely right. :eek:

Hahaha. YOU are absolutely right. :eek:

Every now and then a few deals pop up, but not for long. I know this past June, at least for the first week or so, RC had some low prices for Harmony sailings. You could get an L1 at that time for about $2300 pp (double occupancy), or less than $4900 "out the door" after taxes/fees, and with $100 OBC. The price today is almost $6500 for that same cabin & cruise.

Why should they stop the BS sales,as long as people are more then willing to pay crazy prices to cruise.They say WOW as they count their profits.:p THAT'S WHAT ROYAL THINKS ABOUT US.:)

Have to agree with you here. The first legit sale I booked a GS on Oasis, single occupancy, for $3,000. Once that first BOGOHO sale was over, that cabin was going for $4500-5000.

Agree! The fares during the first few weeks of the original BOGOHO were great. I think we booked 6 cruises during that time and I'm glad we did as the prices have more than doubled since. We were able to get some good prices for our Harmony sailings and are now watching these fares increase too. My strategy is to book early and check frequently for any decreases. Don't think we'll ever do as well as we did during the first weeks of BOGOHO though. I'm sure those fares weren't very profitable for RCI!

Well, I don't know what you guys are complaining about - I just re-booked to a more desirable saildate and saved . . . . wait for it . . . $24!!!

Not just WOW, WOWEE!!! ;)

(seriously, I just wanted my first choice of saildate, so I re-booked)

Happy Sailing, Everyone!

It just occurred to me that I don't bother looking at their sales anymore. They usually have 3 - 4 flashing by on their home page and I just skip past them and scroll down to Plan A Cruise to search for my cruise. It's not like I'll get a better price using the 'sale' link so I just look for what I want.

I'm getting ready to call RC about this "sale."

Our category has been sold out for quite some time, but when we booked Harmony months ago, we didn't receive any obc. Should I be able to get that, or will they tell me for "new bookings only?"

And, we made Diamond 2 weeks ago, so I want to make sure I get the correct balcony discount. (Which I know probably won't be able to be combined with obc, if I manage to get any.)

Well, I don't know what you guys are complaining about - I just re-booked to a more desirable saildate and saved . . . . wait for it . . . $24!!!

Not just WOW, WOWEE!!! ;)

(seriously, I just wanted my first choice of saildate, so I re-booked)

Happy Sailing, Everyone!

Hey, a price drop is a price drop, especially if you get a better sail date! $24 gets you a couple of drinks, or better yet, put it towards a drink package.

I'm booked for Anthem Oct. of 2016. Now I payed about $2725 for 3 people in a D1 Balcony on Navigator this November. I paid about $2765 for 3 people on Anthem next year, but that's a large interior virtual balcony. Even though it's a downgrade I dont' have to fly so that's a plus. I was kind of surprised with that pricing considering a month before the same cruise was over 4 grand. I booked it, now the price is back up even though that category is sold out I was looking for maybe getting a balcony, but with these prices, i'll pass.

Our category has been sold out for quite some time, but when we booked Harmony months ago, we didn't receive any obc. Should I be able to get that, or will they tell me for "new bookings only?"

And, we made Diamond 2 weeks ago, so I want to make sure I get the correct balcony discount. (Which I know probably won't be able to be combined with obc, if I manage to get any.)

You could be headed for a repricing

Looks like setsail replied while I was tying. The OBC offers come and go as often as the names of the sales change, so probably no OBC. Sometimes they'll say if you want to take advantage of a current OBC offer, you've got to rebook at the current price, which will often be higher. But if the cabin category is sold out, there's no new offer to compare it to.

Enjoy your cruise!

You could be headed for a repricing

As in, they raise our already booked price? They don't do that, do they? Now I'm afraid to call!

(We booked Harmony months ago over that couple of days where the fares were actually good.)

Edited by jules815

As in, they raise our already booked price? They don't do that, do they? Now I'm afraid to call!

(We booked Harmony months ago over that couple of days where the fares were actually good.)

You can still call and ask, just don't take their offer unless it betters your position. If you booked in early June, the new prices are nowhere near that (much higher now)...

Edited by TheInnocentAge

RCI has what I call voodoo math. Sometimes you think you have it down and then you get that confirm email and you go, what's this. So, while you are on the phone you must ask for the final figure and is this the same figure that will show on the confirm email, then if you agree and accept the price have them send the email while you are on line so you can view it while you are still connected to the rep. Also if you have obc, make sure it stays intact.

Yes, they will reprice and even deduct 25 off your balcony discount if inside of 6mo, or change obc

Edited by setsail