Help....we sail tomorrow.....

This one coming up was where I've forced myself to say "No, NO, I am NOT going to print that stuff out 60 odd days beforehand and torture myself. I'll wait until closer to the date. For sure this time." i've made it into the 40s so far.

However, it's tradition that I print them on Photo Paper for added durability and to make them easier to find in the envelope. ;)

Just think. Something goes wrong with every cruise and on this one it already has. So now you can just relax and enjoy the cruise.

Perfect way to step up and cruise on!!!

P.S. thanks to whoever posted the PDF tip.

And you know FLASHINGLIGHTS83 ...this is just karma for putting that stinkin' bug in your signature that I try to squish...every single time... :D

Have a fantastic cruise!!!

Debi, the trouble is, the print is very small above the box so can see how it is missed. It isn't so much the printing of your Set Sail Pass as it is the filling out that needs to be completed before 3 days of your sailing. Since I pay our cruises off 1 to 2 months early I print as soon as it says I can.

Widallas I have the same problem with that roaming bug, I want to smush it.:D

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Debi, the trouble is, the print is very small above the box so can see how it is missed. It isn't so much the printing of your Set Sail Pass as it is the filling out that needs to be completed before 3 days of your sailing. Since I pay our cruises off 1 to 2 months early I print as soon as it says I can.

Widallas I have the same problem with that roaming bug, I want to smush it.:D

Gay

Funny, I fill mine out as soon as it is available but I don't print till right before the cruise. I don't know why....I guess I think something might change, like the credit card I'm using.?? Who knows?!? From now on, I'll print immediately and if something changes, I can always reprint.

Thanks to the OP for posting. A lesson learned for some of us!:D

I'm sorry...........I just can't help myself.

You have been on 9 Royal Caribbean cruises, and have been on Cruise Critic for 9 years, and you didn't know that you have to print your SetSail pass more than 3 days in advance? :eek:

;)

I was thinking the same thing. I officiate basketball. Hopefully the OP will be like us after we get our south sides ripped by an evaluator in a camp for kicking (miss applying) a rule. After you stand there in front of others and get chewed out and basically asked how you could possibly think you are ready for a higher level (or better games) if you don't know the rules I can assure you...you own that rule forever more. :eek:

Bet the OP won't forget next time. :D

Does anyone else print the whole booklet as well? I always say I won't because it uses so much paper, but then I have a paranoia of not having all my documents with me! :eek:

I save the full document in my email, but I don't print it.

Does anyone else print the whole booklet as well? I always say I won't because it uses so much paper, but then I have a paranoia of not having all my documents with me! :eek:

Not in a very long time. The only thing in there that we would want would be a transfer (if we are doing a transfer). The rest is just so much paper. I actually took the time to read it a couple of weeks ago just because it's been so long since I had printed it. Wanted to make sure. Yup, nothing. Don't even print all 3 pages of the SS Pass. They only ask for the first page so why bother?

All my documents go to Dropbox, where i can access them on all of my devices. I then print only the first page for boarding.

Don't panic same thing happened to me I had my reservation no passport and they just checked it off the manifesto guy at the desk was really nice as well and I had minimal paper work to fill out as I had everything done on line enjoy your cruise

All my documents go to Dropbox, where i can access them on all of my devices. I then print only the first page for boarding.

That's a good idea. I'm Canadian so I have my data turned off in the US. I like to have access to the booklet in case they ask for it at the border to prove we are going on the cruise, less so at the pier. Dropbox let's you save files for offline use so this is a great tip. Thank you!

Out of all the thousands of people cruising I'm sure you are not the only one who will show up at the port without a SetSail pass...my parents are in their 80's...don't own a computer...and have no desire to own one...if it wasn't for me filling out their info online & printing it out for them they would not have a clue...go...ENJOY your cruise....:D

KC320, last year my husbands sister and daughter took their first cruise with us, they had no idea how to do the online check in but I walked them through it, and because I had their booking #, I was able to go in and make sure everything was done correctly. I can understand your parents at their age, not wanting to deal with computers and that is wonderful that your able to assist them.

Gay

I wish it was just a simple mistake on my part.....unfortunately when you work in the medical field for a living, you make crap pay so you gotta work alot. I've worked 38 hrs in the last 3 days, so i've been a little busy!! :eek:

Count me as one who was not aware of the 3 day print rule so I'm sorry people are being so rude to you. Enjoy your cruise!

Next time if you can't print, print to a PDF document and save it to print for later when you have ink.

I imagine it all depends what software programs you have on your computer. On my laptop I can print it only to a Windows XPS document. If you don't have the Adobe Software you can't print it to a PDF document.

I was thinking the same thing. I officiate basketball. Hopefully the OP will be like us after we get our south sides ripped by an evaluator in a camp for kicking (miss applying) a rule. After you stand there in front of others and get chewed out and basically asked how you could possibly think you are ready for a higher level (or better games) if you don't know the rules I can assure you...you own that rule forever more. :eek:

Bet the OP won't forget next time. :D

No I will not!! IN FACT....we got an email while on this cruise that the documents for our November cruise are ready.....so as soon as I boot up my laptop after unpacking the 1ST thing I'm doing is filling out and printing our Set Sail passes!!![emoji106] [emoji2] [emoji572]

I imagine it all depends what software programs you have on your computer. On my laptop I can print it only to a Windows XPS document. If you don't have the Adobe Software you can't print it to a PDF document.

If you use Google Chrome as your browser, you can "save as PDF" -- it's an option to select as your printer. No additional software needed, just the browser.

You can also choose to print to "FedEx Office" if you don't have a printer or are out of ink, etc.

Just to prove that I learned my lesson from this cruise, we returned this AM from our Enchantment cruise to an e-mail from RCCL saying our documents are ready for our November cruise. We have been home for 3 hours, and they are already completed online, PRINTED, and inserted in the passports, for our cruise 49 days away!!! :eek: :D ;) ;)