What Gives?

Richard

Just received an E Mail from RCCL telling me my Set Sail Pass is ready for printing. Logged in and went to print my pass but message said could not print pass, try later. I called and the rep. told me, "Oh that hasn't been working for weeks". How stupid to send me a message and the system does not work. She said IT has been working on it for weeks. RCCL strikes again. Management better get its act together, they are quick enough to take your money but it seems like that's where their service ends. I have a friend sailing with me and they are having the same problem. Anyone else having a problem?

Richard

I don't know why they just don't bail on the whole printing thing. You don't need anything printed to get on an airplane, scan your DL, passport, or card used to purchase the tickets at any kiosk and you are good to go. No reason RCCL couldn't go the same way.

I don't know why they just don't bail on the whole printing thing. You don't need anything printed to get on an airplane, scan your DL, passport, or card used to purchase the tickets at any kiosk and you are good to go. No reason RCCL couldn't go the same way.

Royal can't even run a decent website, and you expect them to upgrade to a paperless check-in system. I can only imagine how bad that would turn out.

You do NOT need to print it...if you did the online thing, they have all your info. Even if you DON'T do the online thing, you can still give all your info at check in....they retake everything, anyway!!!

Edited by cb at sea

I don't know about anyone else, but the minute I make my final payment, I am just about giddy to print my set sail pass! After 25+ cruises with Royal, this just never gets old :o Even if technically I don't need it to board the ship, printing it in advance just adds to the excitement of my upcoming cruise :)

You still need a boarding pass to get on the plane and I've seen too many people holding up the line while fumbling with their phones at the gate. I can't see where printing a SetSail pass is really an issue. Now if you're complaining about the some of the dumb emails they send out, that might be an issue.

"I don't know why they just don't bail on the whole printing thing."

YOU can bail on it. You can fill out everything and have anything that needs to be printed printed when at the port, just like cb said. I've forgotten the papers and there were absolutely NO problems whatsoever.

You still need a boarding pass to get on the plane and I've seen too many people holding up the line while fumbling with their phones at the gate.

A person fumbling with a phone is going to be a person fumbling with their paper boarding pass.

A person fumbling with a phone is going to be a person fumbling with their paper boarding pass.

I've never had to expand/adjust the view on my paper boarding pass so the barcode could be scanned but that's just me.

I don't know about anyone else, but the minute I make my final payment, I am just about giddy to print my set sail pass! After 25+ cruises with Royal, this just never gets old :o Even if technically I don't need it to board the ship, printing it in advance just adds to the excitement of my upcoming cruise :)

We felt that way back in the day when that big honking envelope would arrive in the mail. "The cruise stuff is here, the cruise stuff is here"