Any word on what the Sunshine will do tomorrow?

Ocala Cruisers

We're also on the Sunshine tomorrow and closely watching the forecast of the track of the hurricane. Really will be disappointed if we don't go to Bermuda. Sounds like it will be a bumpy ride no matter where we go. Seasick meds are packed!

News now says it will most likely blow out into the Atlantic.

but it is still sitting there I think. The longer they sit and brood, they worse they get............

I wish that Carnival would just communicate with us. For the amount of money that we paid I would be really angry to go to Cozumel. This storm is turning more toward Bermuda and if we can't go there I understand but I would just rather cancel the whole thing if it is unsafe to go to Bermuda.

I wish that Carnival would just communicate with us. For the amount of money that we paid I would be really angry to go to Cozumel. This storm is turning more toward Bermuda and if we can't go there I understand but I would just rather cancel the whole thing if it is unsafe to go to Bermuda.

Are they offering cancellation or are you just blowing off steam? It's still early in the day.

It sounds like they are communicating if folks are receiving emails stating no changes have been made.

If it is possible to sail, they are not going to cancel. And re-routing to alternate ports doesn't just happen. There is quite a bit involved. What ports have docking space available? Will they allow an additional ship to come in? Etc.

Odds are very good that the cruise itinerary will not be impacted.

The cruise contract we all sign states there is the possibility ports will change. That is a risk we take to cruise. It would cost the line too much money to cancel an entire cruise because of weather, when they could sail the ship to another port instead. It is hurricane season.......I personally do not schedule a cruise during this time of year because I want to lower my risks of missing a port. It is never guaranteed of course, but there are hurricanes this time of year, every year, and I am not willing to take that chance. For those who risk it, is a gamble...I can't blame the cruise line and expect compensation for mother nature, knowing that when booking.

I agree it could be frustrating and I leave on the sunshine in a week so as you are getting off I will be tagging you out and me in. :D But as frustrating as this is, just remember we did book the trip in hurricane season so it is always a gamble on if you will have the full cruise go off without issue.

If they did communicate anything it would probably be the typical "we are monitoring the situation"

Still quite a bit of uncertainty around this one. Patience will be tough to come by.

Ocean wave heights are expected to be 30 to 40 feet in some areas:

http://polar.ncep.noaa.gov/waves/viewer.shtml?-multi_1-NW_atlantic-

This is my own personal opinion, but for one day, and only one day I'd love to cruise the storm. How awesome mother nature is. I wouldn't want my entire vacation to be this but to experience it once would be awesome!

I would be very upset to miss Bermuda and I bet is why many people booked that cruise. The track of this hurricane has changed several times. Carnival probably didn't know what they were going to do until this morning. Yes, it would be nice if Carnival allowed those who did not want to sail the new itinerary to disembark and get a refund. However, I would start enjoying my vacation and would appreciate the discount on another cruise. The new ports are good. You could use the discount towards another Bermuda cruise.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

I would be very upset to miss Bermuda and I bet is why many people booked that cruise. The track of this hurricane has changed several times. Carnival probably didn't know what they were going to do until this morning. Yes, it would be nice if Carnival allowed those who did not want to sail the new itinerary to disembark and get a refund. However, I would start enjoying my vacation and would appreciate the discount on another cruise. The new ports are good. You could use the discount towards another Bermuda cruise.

The only bad part about that is the fact that this was a rare occurrence. We don't get Bermuda from Port Canaveral regularly. That was definitely why I jumped on it.

It's still a nice itinerary, and there is still plenty of fun to be had. :)

The only bad part about that is the fact that this was a rare occurrence. We don't get Bermuda from Port Canaveral regularly. That was definitely why I jumped on it.

It's still a nice itinerary, and there is still plenty of fun to be had. :)

That's why everyone booked:eek: Anyhow, the ship just sailed by the webcam and there were many happy waves:D

• 3 weeks later...

We all were disappointed about not going to Bermuda. We were celebrating our 38th Anniversary on Oct. 2nd. But, we all know safety comes first. This ship was suppose to be docked in Hamilton for 3 days.

Last week I booked for next May 19 2016 to Bermuda, again. Decided to stay away from Oct. sailing. What I just found out is this sailing does not dock in Hamilton but Summerset, which is the Dockyard. The Victory ship which Carnival is booking just indicates Bermuda for 3 days. I would make sure you ask when booking as to which location in Bermuda the ship is going to for this cruise. Having been to Bermuda 4 times prior Front St. in Hamilton is our 1st choice.