Platinum perks when minors turn 18

h-sar

I just noticed that my son, recently turned 18, has been elevated to Platinum status on his cruise personalized. Does that mean he will be eligible for platinum benefits on our Christmas cruise? I had always been under the impression that once a child turns 18, they would have to do five cruises as an adult (regardless of how many they accrued as a minor) to move to platinum and make use of the benefits??

I just noticed that my son, recently turned 18, has been elevated to Platinum status on his cruise personalized. Does that mean he will be eligible for platinum benefits on our Christmas cruise? I had always been under the impression that once a child turns 18, they would have to do five cruises as an adult (regardless of how many they accrued as a minor) to move to platinum and make use of the benefits??

I just want to be clear. Somehow you got the wrong impression. Minors accrue credits just like everyone else, they just can't use them until they are adults.

There have been other posts on this board about (lucky) kids becoming Elite on their 18th birthday!

I just want to be clear. Somehow you got the wrong impression. Minors accrue credits just like everyone else, they just can't use them until they are adults.

There have been other posts on this board about (lucky) kids becoming Elite on their 18th birthday!

Thank you! Yes, you're right, I did get it mixed up in my memory.

I actually just talked to someone about Princess about this very thing as my children at 8 and 4 are well on their way to being Elite at 18. They continue to show as blue until their 18th birthday (but are eligible for the same loyalty benefits as the booking parents when booked together when applicable- in our case that really means the insurance discount). When they turn 18 the automatically receive the loyalty level they qualify for.

So an 18 YO Elite would get a standard minibar setup if in a cabin with his new 21 YO girl friend?

:cool:

If the 21 year old was elite, then there would be a setup. Otherwise, no.

Per the Princess web site about this benefit:

**For passengers 21 and over, complimentary mini-bar set-up is one time only, per stateroom.

I received credit for cruising before age 18 once I requested it as an adult. It's good your son's auto-showed. If it doesn't, all it takes is a call to the Princess Captain's Circle, and they'll add the credit.

It clearly shows in my grand children's information/history and what their status is. For example, my 10 YO DGS's info shows him at 6 cruises and 46 days. He is currently 10 YO's old.

It clearly shows in my grand children's information/history and what their status is. For example, my 10 YO DGS's info shows him at 6 cruises and 46 days. He is currently 10 YO's old.

my dd is 17 and elite, however i cannot see her cruise history, how do i go about doing that