What hotel in FLL?

doone

Just wondering what hotel people prefer both pre and post cruise and why.

I was thinking of the Embassy Suites, but read some recent reviews that were not as good as I hoped for.

What are your thoughts?

I often stay at the embassy suites because it's close to a lot of things I like. I know some posters think it's deluxe but it's a little run down. I like the Hyatt pier 66 better but the location is not as good for things I like pre cruise. I stayed at the Marriott Harbor beach resort last November. The rooms were small but the beach location was great.

Edited by cruz chic

As Marriott folks we usually stay at the Marriott Renaissance on 17th at the north entrance to the port and a $10 cab ride to the ship.

Also close to many walkable attractions.

Good Luck

Edited by mllewis48

We stay in that area often.

We stayed there two years ago. Nothing wrong with it however the place is in need of a reno. We found the rooms to be very dark and the furniture was due for a refresh. They were working on the lobby when we were last there so perhaps there has been a reno. Elevators were slow as molasses. Check on tripadvisor.

It was a Priceline bid win for us. If we had been booking direct our choices would have been Hyatt Place next door or Renaissance down the street...or a beach location.

I was thinking of the Embassy Suites, but read some recent reviews that were not as good as I hoped for.

What are your thoughts?

Our preferences are two. In the middle of everything, then it is The Pillars FL. For direct beach access then The Hilton Diplomat in Holywood.

Reason? Both top class hotels away from the cruise herds. Superb service, rooms, food etc.

What are your thoughts?

We usually stay at the Embassy Suites for the convenience of being close to everything we need pre-cruise. However, may I suggest you also visit the Florida departure board where there is tons of info on the Port Everglades hotels. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We are booked at the Hyatt on 17th street. Close to shops and the dock. Never used them before so we thought we would give them a try. Rates seem reasonable. In the past we have used the Comfort Suites a couple streets over. But they were ok, nothing special. So we're looking for another place.

Many of the places have rates that are high. We're just looking for a place to stay the night before a cruise, not a expensive resort. For example the Embassy Suites rates are almost double the Hyatt or Comfort Suites. I'd rather spend money on a longer cruise than a fancier hotel for less than one day.

Dan

I don't think you'd be disappointed by the Embassy Suites. It's convenient to grocery stores, shopping, and most services. If you want to be on the beach with some privacy, look at Lago Mar. If you want a boutique hotel, look at The Pillars. If you want to be in the heart of where locals go to dine, The Riverside Hotel on Las Olas is nice. If you want a big hotel feel, the Hilton (Beach, not Marina) or the Ritz-Carlton are very nice. The Hyatt Pier 66 is a great hotel, especially if you book a tower room. If you want something trendy, the W or the B Ocean are good options.

Has anyone stayed at Hampton Inn Las Olas area?

We've put people there for business meetings. It's a pretty standard Hampton. It's a couple of blocks off Las Olas proper, but it's pretty convenient. I wouldn't have any reservations about staying there, especially if you get a good price.

Another vote for Renaissance on 17th Street. Very handy for shops and dining and as already said a short $10 cab ride to the port.

Nice clean rooms, good optional breakfast. Very helpful staff.

Even saw Mr Marriott himself one New Year's Day when he visited staff personally. He was staying in his suite at nearby Harbour Beach!

If you need Friday, Saturday or Sunday book quickly, hotels fill up faster than they used to because of the Allure and Oasis. Prices are not discounted much anymore.

A lot of places are run down or in unsafe locations, especially the ones still available close to sailing.

Someone mentioned Dania beach Marriott brands, the Courtyard and Fairfield are both nice.

We always stay at the Riverside on Las Olas - wonderful location near a variety of sidewalk cafes, restaurants, and great shopping (chicos, fresh produce, etc). And, the water taxi right behind it!

I think that you stay at one of the hidden gems. (OK, not really hidden since it's very highly rated, and in the middle of town, but "CruiseCritic hidden." :) )

I've posted this before, but it deserves repeating: Always look at your hotel's location on a map. There are many Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, etc. properties in Fort Lauderdale. Always make sure that you're staying where you think you are staying.

May be difficult getting a room near the port when there is a boat show, I think one is coming soon, not sure of date but I think it is in early November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mllewis48