Move Over Offer?

BridgeMates

We received an email 1 week before our July 9th med cruise on the Island Princess. We moved to the Sept 19th sailing and were given our cruise fare as refundable on board credit. We paid $989 Canadian pp for the cruise and were given $989 US pp credit. Our air transfer fees were $760. We were mailed a cheque for $600 and the other $160 was given as refundable on board credit. Were also upgraded from an inside cabin to an oceanview cabin. The only part of the fare not refunded were taxes and port charges. We were actually offered the same deal 1 week before the Sept cruise but decided not to take that one.

As Princess has only one Sailing this Saturday that is sold out, the original poster might be talking about the Silhouette sailing from Ft Lauderdale.

The OP said in post #17 that they're sailing Saturday on the Regal Princess from NYC.

i got the best move over offer a couple weeks ago.

we had booked the 1 day seattle to vancouver and paid $119 per pax.

We moved over to a 7 day regal at no cost, got the $119 per pax as a refundable OBC. Plus we had used a FCC to originally buy the first cruise. There is no OBC associated with a FCC and a 1 day, but now that we are on a 7 day, it gave us each $50 in OBC.

We also had pre paid our gratuities for the 1 day, and now they are pre paid for the 7 day.

We also bought the UBP for the 1 day, and it is now paid for the 7 day!

I would say that was a sweet deal!!

Incredible deal!

skrodle, huh? you were going on a 1 day cruise. now you're going on 7 day instead??

Not too surprising given the fact Princess has so few 1 day cruises as the one they were originally booked on. It only goes up from there! ;)

I should add that the move over offer my friend was presented with this past summer was a date that wouldn't work for him. But he was able to negotiate with Princess a different sail date that was mutually agreeable. So it seems there is a degree of wiggle room in each individual case, no doubt based on how desperate Princess is to have the stateroom you've booked.

I think the deals vary a great deal, we did not get a free cruise. We chose another date to cruise and were given an upgrade to balcony from inside. The OBC we were given was equal to the price of one passenger.

They were not desperate enough when they called you.

One poster (I forget the name) not only received all their money back on a move over offer, but also received two free cruises as well as an upgraded cabin on both of the free cruises.

skrodle, huh? you were going on a 1 day cruise. now you're going on 7 day instead??

Yes, I was booked on a 1 day that was oversold, so the move over offer was my choice of any 7 day cruise out of a US port of my choice! (Plus the OBC)

I got an amazing move-over offer last January.

We were on a 10 day Singapore to Bali to Singapore in a balcony cabin.

We were offered:

- A 15 day cruise anywhere in the world in a full suite

- A 10 day cruise in the Caribbean, USA, Canada, or Mexico in a full suite

- All change air fees

- Our original cruise fare in fully refundable OBC

-An extra $500 in fully refundable OBC

We also received an extra meal in specialty dining, and extra 2 coffee cards, with trading in our mini bar. Oh, and a bottle of wine that got thrown in there somewhere- we gave that away.

We also were allowed to select any suite that was available on the sailing we selected.

All told, our $2700 cruise became a $31,200+ move-over offer.

And, truth be told, we were considering canceling the Singapore cruise, as my mom did not think she could make the 23 hour flight to Siingapore.

It was an incredable offer, to0 good to pass up.

I don't think I will ever get an offer like that again, but I am sure glad my mom and I did. Those were the last two cruises we would ever take together. So memorable.

Edited by TracieABD

I got an amazing move-over offer last January.

We were on a 10 day Singapore to Bali to Singapore in a balcony cabin.

We were offered:

- A 15 day cruise anywhere in the world in a full suite

- A 10 day cruise in the Caribbean, USA, Canada, or Mexico in a full suite

- All change air fees

- Our original cruise fare in fully refundable OBC

-An extra $500 in fully refundable OBC

We also received an extra meal in specialty dining, and extra 2 coffee cards, with trading in our mini bar. Oh, and a bottle of wine that got thrown in there somewhere- we gave that away.

We also were allowed to select any suite that was available on the sailing we selected.

All told, our $2700 cruise became a $31,200+ move-over offer.

And, truth be told, we were considering canceling the Singapore cruise, as my mom did not think she could make the 23 hour flight to Siingapore.

It was an incredable offer, to0 good to pass up.

I don't think I will ever get an offer like that again, but I am sure glad my mom and I did. Those were the last two cruises we would ever take together. So memorable.

That's insane. But how wonderful for you!