Where to keep belongings while on water excursions?

CruiseWeis

We have cruised previously but have stayed with "dry" activities. Im wondering where you keep personal items (sea pass card, credit card, phone, etc) while swimming or snorkeling?

We don't bring our phone along on water excursions. Sea Pass cards, credit cards can all get wet - they're plastic. My husband just puts them in the pocket of his swim trunks. I keep mine in a more time-honored (personal) place of concealment for ladies ;)

For that matter, cash can get wet also. It still spends.

I use a waterproof camera, and it stays strapped to my wrist.

You can get these bags called dry sacks or dry bags that are made for water activities and keep the contents dry. Just do a google search. Or, they sell them in most sporting goods stores, usually in the camping section.

Edited by bakersdozen12

We have cruised previously but have stayed with "dry" activities. Im wondering where you keep personal items (sea pass card, credit card, phone, etc) while swimming or snorkeling?

Phones stay locked in the safe OFF on vacation other than to let my folks know we arrived & boarded. Money and cruise card in hubby's inside zipper pocket of swim trunks, disposable waterproof camera

I have a 'sun-safe' which is a fake sun cream bottle that opens up with a small storage area inside. I wouldn't leave a phone or a camera in it (actually they probably wouldn't fit) but it's great for cash and cards. I guess if someone nicks your whole bag it doesn't help, but nobody is going to deliberately pinch a sun cream bottle.

I bring the DH along on all excursions, land or sea :D

He puts in one front pocket a water camera, and

the other pocket a water wallet with sea passes and some money.

His swim shorts have zippered pockets.

Cannot leave home with out him:eek:

Enjoy

For those of you who leave your phone in the safe, do you carry a water proof watch on excursions? I use my phone as a watch, so I would probably have to buy a watch...

I have a nice watch but I still bring a cheap water proof one when I go to the beach. That way I can wear it in the sea and I don't care if it gets broken or stolen. The Breo watches are a good choice.

Edited by SquishTheWhale