B2B with gtd cabin on second week question

DZalumni

Debating adding a B2B onto our existing cruise. We're in A2 & can only get gtd Aqua Class in the second half (second week). Obviously if I could get A2 & the same cabin I would book it, but lack of planning on my part has caused me to come & ask you all for advice.

Since it's only offering gtd will we get the same cabin we have for the first week or will we need to pack up & move to a new room?

Anyone have experience with this?

Debating what to do....

Debating adding a B2B onto our existing cruise. We're in A2 & can only get gtd Aqua Class in the second half (second week). Obviously if I could get A2 & the same cabin I would book it, but lack of planning on my part has caused me to come & ask you all for advice.

Since it's only offering gtd will we get the same cabin we have for the first week or will we need to pack up & move to a new room?

Debating what to do....

Call Celebrity directly and expose to them your situation and after 1, 2 or 3 calls, you will probably end up with the same stateroom for your second cruise ;-)

....If you can not get the same room just move and enjoy a B2B!

We have only done one B2B but would love to do another. Yes, getting the same room for the second week would be great and easier but if I had the chance of doing another B2B even if it meant moving I would just go for it! Staff will help you move.

Have a great double holiday!

Call Celebrity directly and expose to them your situation and after 1, 2 or 3 calls, you will probably end up with the same stateroom for your second cruise ;-)

Regardless of how many calls you make, if your cabin for the 2nd week is booked you will not end up with it. I know I would not be happy moving, unless to a suite, to accommodate a cruiser booking a guarantee.

It's not that big a deal to move especially if the new cabin is on the same deck. We did a B2B2b and moved every time! You can pack up your toiletries and the cabin staff will move the clothes hanging in the closet. Sure, it's much nicer not to have to move but I would move anytime to double the length of the cruise:D.

I look at it this way. Whether you go B2B or just the first leg, you're going to have to pack your stuff up and leave the cabin. Personally, I'd rather we walking my stuff to a different cabin than off the ship. Either way, happy cruising.

Debating what to do....

I'd go for it and hope for an early assignment. Once you have a room, try to switch your first week into that one. Or switch both rooms to a third that is available for both (US cruisers can often switch their GTY room assignments).

And if you have to switch rooms midway - you're still on a B2B!

We have done a back to back in which we stayed in the same cabin, another in which we had to move rooms right next door, and now have one pending which is aft of the elevators for the first move, and midships on the same floor for the second.

To move, simply put your stuff from around the room and from the drawers and shelves (including your shoes) into your luggage. Roll it down to your new room, and empty the luggage out exactly as you had it in the previous room. The steward(s) will help by moving your clothes for you, leaving them on the hangers and transferring from one closet to the other. It really does not take very long to set up the new room, since you know exactly what goes where; it is faster than setting up when you first arrive on board. Eeeaaasy!

Bill

We'll be doing three in a row in three different categories on two different decks. A pain to be sure but we won't be taking three different flights to get to Florida

It is always easier moving from a regular size stateroom to a suite than the other way around, but we are always happy to have another cruise tacked on, however we can get it.

Moving to a different deck makes no difference to us at all, as long as the elevators are working. ;)

If it is necessary to change cabins, to me the ideal order for three in a row would be

- Cruise 1 in a regular cabin, eating in the main dining room;

- Cruise 2 in Aqua with Blu; and

- Cruise 3 in a suite with Luminae

To the OP, for an able-bodied person who is a reasonably light packer, packing up and moving to a different cabin is really no big deal.

If I had the choice of packing up to move to another cabin for another cruise, or packing up to leave the ship and go home, I know which one I would choose without the slightest hesitation. :D

Edited by varoo

Hi

We did a B2B on the Equinox in Feb.

Fortunately we had cabins on the same deck

But our Steward and New Steward were fantastic,

They took the drawers out and carried them to the new

Cabin,so no need to repack they just swapped drawers.

We put the Toiletries into a bag and they brought a rail rack

And wheeled our clothes down the hallway.

We were installed in our new cabin by 10am remember

Everyone has to be out by 8-30 so the Stewards got our new room

Ready first. It was the best $20 ever spent.

My advise is relax and enjoy the B2B:cool:

I look at it this way. Whether you go B2B or just the first leg, you're going to have to pack your stuff up and leave the cabin. Personally, I'd rather we walking my stuff to a different cabin than off the ship. Either way, happy cruising.

We're doing a B 2 B on Princess in Feb. The Eclipse trip we wanted was already fully booked. From what I've been told on their page you may or may not get moved to a different cabin, but you will have to leave the ship & reboard(but not have to board with all the pax coming on board)

It is always easier moving from a regular size stateroom to a suite than the other way around, but we are always happy to have another cruise tacked on, however we can get it.

Moving to a different deck makes no difference to us at all, as long as the elevators are working. ;)

If it is necessary to change cabins, to me the ideal order for three in a row would be

- Cruise 1 in a regular cabin, eating in the main dining room;

- Cruise 2 in Aqua with Blu; and

- Cruise 3 in a suite with Luminae

If I had the choice of packing up to move to another cabin for another cruise, or packing up to leave the ship and go home, I know which one I would choose without the slightest hesitation. :D

We're doing an A1 to A2 to S1. Sure is better than an A1 and then home. My wife is so organized but moving twice will be bit of a trauma for her, I'm afraid.

We're doing a B 2 B on Princess in Feb. The Eclipse trip we wanted was already fully booked. From what I've been told on their page you may or may not get moved to a different cabin, but you will have to leave the ship & reboard(but not have to board with all the pax coming on board)

Princess did it very well the one time we did a b2b. I hope X is as efficient. At some point I know I won't care, it being better to be on a ship in the Carib than shoveling snow.

Having moved cabins ourselves, I can only emphasize what an easy process it is, even when moving from one deck to another. The stewards brought one of the hotel bellman luggage carts, loaded our suitcases and hanging clothes and off they went.

That is true. You will be told by a notice in your cabin where to gather as a group, leave the ship, enter the terminal and proceed to a customs agent who will look at your documents and send you back to reboard. Many of the ship's personnel will be there as well. You are not with the new passengers. You reboard and can go where you want..... get the best spots for sailaway.:D

Bill

Call and ask it can't hurt.

Our only back to back was last year. We had an assigned cabin of our choice on cruise two and wanted to add the prior cruise but the cabin wasn't showing available. I called Celebrity told them we wanted to go back to back, but only if we could get the same cabin. The rep made the assignment while on the call.

Edited by sasset

Did a b2b in April on the Silhouette with a balcony guarantee for both . Made lots of calls to try and get the same cabin with no luck . The moving process was simple the cabin stewards move everything . I would do it again . Just be sure and let your cabin steward and guest service know on the first cruise . They usually send you a letter and have a meeting for b2b cruisers . We also got lunch in the dining room as a perk and discount for a port Everglades shore excursion if wanted to leave ship and come back .