First cruise ..... starting to wonder if I have made a mistake.

Cabansail

Not just Colour but a whole load of words which have US spellings. They come up as being errors when using computers. The list include;

flavour, behaviour, harbour, honour, humour, labour, neighbour, rumour, splendour, utilise programme, calibre, centre, fibre, litre, lustre, manoeuvre, meagre, metre, mitre, ochre, sombre, spectre, theatre, aeon, anaemia, anaesthesia, caecum, caesium, coeliac ,diarrhoea, encyclopaedia, faeces, foetal, gynaecology, haemoglobin, haemophilia, leukaemia, oesophagus, oestrogen, orthopaedic, palaeontology, paediatric, likeable, liveable, rateable, saleable, sizeable, unshakeable, Aeroplane

All these words are spelled correctly but are underlined in red as an error when typed. A minor annoyance but still irritating.

I have no idea what sad word processor you use, probably something Mac derived. But those words work fine on Word and that is the default word processor of the free world. Is this my culture coming across ;)

And really, who uses Aeroplane?

Edit- Just noticed you had splendour on the list. RCL spells it that way as well as grandeur. Next time you should think of taking one of those ships. I believe Splendour of the Seas does Asia cruises

Edited by John&LaLa

There's no such thing as a 'tea kettle'. A kettle has hot water to make tea, Thats like saying American football is football. ;)

Don't y'all have your own version of CC. So tired of defending our language and culture.

;):o

Edited by John&LaLa

There's no such thing as a 'tea kettle'. A kettle has hot water to make tea, Thats like saying American football is football. ;)

tea·ket·tle

/ˈtēˌkedl/

noun

1. a metal or plastic vessel with a lid, spout, and handle, used for boiling water

Edited by molly361

Football - Our game, our name

Ohhh this is becoming fun. :D

From what I have read the earliest origin of these games was in China. Then later in Europe, primarily Britain.

Then I don't follow any sport and a bunch of thugs in a paddock chasing a pig skin looks much the same anywhere in the world. :rolleyes:

Wow, theyre a bargain aren't they? How do they compare in quality to those you get at shops like Katmandu. Never really done much online shopping.

Thanks.

I've got Kathmandu packing cells, but my best friend and her hubby are going on their first ever cruise in December and she bought the set from wish.com

She said that they'll probably last a few holidays but for $5 for the set she's not complaining!!

I've got Kathmandu packing cells, but my best friend and her hubby are going on their first ever cruise in December and she bought the set from wish.com

She said that they'll probably last a few holidays but for $5 for the set she's not complaining!!

I bought my wife a Katmandu water bottle 4 years ago. Nice little bottle.

jc

I will have lots of photo's, as that is what I do, but I am behind the camera. :D

I have asked in the Roll Call if any fellow cruisers would be interested in Photography Lessons while on board. I imagine most will have cameras with them. Many people do not know how to use them properly or make good photographs. Is there a mechanism to form groups like this on board? Would it step on the toes of the staff photographers?

Just read through this whole thread and I didn't see that anyone responded to your question about how you can connect with others for a specific activity. There is usually a board set up near Guest Services that passengers can post notices on. I've seen things like Mahjong games and bridge players. I don't think I've ever seen photography classes, but I'd be really tempted to check it out if I ever saw it on one of my cruises.

Just read through this whole thread and I didn't see that anyone responded to your question about how you can connect with others for a specific activity. There is usually a board set up near Guest Services that passengers can post notices on. I've seen things like Mahjong games and bridge players. I don't think I've ever seen photography classes, but I'd be really tempted to check it out if I ever saw it on one of my cruises.

That's good news. I will seek that out and put up a post.

Would it have to be approved by Guest Services?

Would they assist by providing a venue?

How do people on board you contact you if interested?

If you want use one of the "class/conference rooms, you'd need to check with Guest Services. Then put the day, location and time on a card, post it on the community board, be there, and hope someone else shows up. If they can't accommodate you with a room, just pick a lounge that would be empty during the day. I'd pick a late morning time (11:00 am) and do the same on your card.

Alternatively, you could contact RCCL now and broach the subject that you'd like to offer a free photography class to see what they can do for you.

Good luck! I'd go to your class, too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doubtful as the staff photographers are generally only interested in taking pictures of the guests at dinner, in formal posed situations, and getting on/off the ship at embarkation and at ports. As for a mechanism there's usually a message board located near Guest Services where you can advertise meetup (usually Friends of Bill, Friends of Dorothy, gaming groups, and lifestyle groups make use of this most frequently) but I doubt it'd hurt to advertise an informal meetup of people interested in photography.

Welcome to two days ago :rolleyes:

Now I have friend paying out on me for ruining the environment. Apparently we will be responsible for emitting 8.5t of carbon for the 16 days. Considering my consumption from the grid is well negative and the car runs at 5l/100km this is quite shocking. Something I did not think about until now. I have not even included the air travel.

Now I have friend paying out on me for ruining the environment. Apparently we will be responsible for emitting 8.5t of carbon for the 16 days. Considering my consumption from the grid is well negative and the car runs at 5l/100km this is quite shocking. Something I did not think about until now. I have not even included the air travel.

Likely less than that. The Radiance class is unique amongst RCI's fleet in that they're the only ships Royal has that are powered by gas turbines (GE LM2500+, same as what's on the RAN's Adelaide class frigates) rather than diesels and gas turbines tend to emit less carbon. Beyond that, RCI itself emphasizes environmental friendly practices onboard their ships via their Save the Waves program.

Edited by garnetpalmetto

You are so worried about a cruise you have not been on and now this. Just can't make this stuff up. You should have already canceled and switched over to the new class of ccl ships that will run on LNG

Don't forget to tip

Edited by setsail