coffee

Thank you! That is included in my Ultimate Beverage Package?

If so, I'll go directly there after gym each day :)

I was quite disappointed when I confirmed it, but pleased that nothing changed when Starbucks bought the brand. They also supply McDonald's with their coffee.

I am not used to walking more than a few feet for mine in the morning. I hope my fellow cruisers will forgive a tattered robe, bunny slippers, and hair standing on end when I pick it up...maybe I'd better do room service.

I'm imagining myself standing in line behind these two at Cafe Promenade. Cruising is such fun and I really do enjoy people watching. I may need to leave a larger gap depending on how sweaty js is at the time.

We were on Freedom last week and found the coffee in the WJ undrinkable, free coffee in Cafe Promenade ok-ish most mornings, and premium coffee ok but not better enough to buy it more than twice.

On our first cruise (Brilliance 12/2013) the Cafe Latitude premium was very good, WJ absolutely foul. Seriously considering one of the "premium" instant coffees (Via, Mount Hagen) for our 10 night Serenade.

• 1 year later...
They used to serve Seattles Best.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which isn't saying much.....

I'm more of a Caribou, Dutch Bros, and Tim Hortons person. McCafe actually is pretty decent, too, for cheaper coffee. Also like Boyer's and Peet's.

Celebrity has upgraded to Lavazza coffee, which is pretty good.

I am convinced that almost all coffee tastes good, once we get used to it. And different coffee isn't necessarily bad, it is just different from what we are accustomed to. [i will freely acknowledge that there is some truly foul coffee out there...]

In line with my theory, I have switched and now only drink Lavazza coffee at home. Thus, going to and from Celebrity cruises works out quite well for me, with respect to the coffee taste.

Coffee is so personal. Everyone takes things differently, everyone prefers slightly different strengths, Different amounts of milk or cream, different amounts of sugar.

I personally love the coffee on RCL. On my last cruise, liberty of the seas, I particularly enjoyed the decaf from the promenade. I am currently caffeine restricted but cannot stand to give up coffee completely. For my personal preference it was perfect in terms of strength and acidity. Others views may vary.

coffee is so personal that some people, like me, don't even like the most popular coffees like Starbucks. I find Starbucks a little too strong for my personal taste.

I am also not one to complain about a cup of coffee that was free and that I did not have to make myself :D. I did not find much difference between the promenade coffee and the MDR coffee on this cruise. On previous cruises there has been a big difference. There is a difference between the promenade, the MDR, and the WJ. I did not always care for the WJ, it was inconsistent in terms of strength and flavor. Interestingly enough the decaf was always good. But then it's decaf so you may not like that. I loved it.

Coffee is too personal to be able to say roundly that it is all good or all bad for the whole cruise. Other people were drinking it besides me and other people seem to like it besides me. On a ship of several thousand people there is no way to make a single cup of coffee to please everyone.

Has Royal changed there coffee yet or is it still terrible

The coffee in the suite lounge was not too painful.

Now that they have starbucks on Oasis class ships, you get what you pay for.

Years ago the best cup of coffee I got when sailing an RCI ship was when we were in various ports of call, McDonalds, Burger king.............bring it on.

Enjoy

The worst cup of coffee on a cruise ship is 100x better than any cup at 545 A.M., in traffic, on the way to another day in the jungle.

:D

Maybe its relative. Surrounded by normal day to day living, that little cup of warmth is the best thing ever. That same cup on a wonderful cruise ship all of the sudden doesn't seem so special?

I am convinced that almost all coffee tastes good, once we get used to it. And different coffee isn't necessarily bad, it is just different from what we are accustomed to. [i will freely acknowledge that there is some truly foul coffee out there...]

In line with my theory, I have switched and now only drink Lavazza coffee at home. Thus, going to and from Celebrity cruises works out quite well for me, with respect to the coffee taste.

I don't drink as much coffee as I once did when I worked and was younger. I appreciate a good cup of coffee. Having lived in Europe for four years, I love the continental coffees. However, I am not a Starbucks fan. Their coffee is good, but not $4 a cup good.

In fact, I have read several times that in taste tests, coffee from Dunkin Donuts is always rated better than Starbucks. Even Mcdonalds coffee does fairly well at a fraction of the cost.

The coffee that Celebrity had before Lavazza was not the best, but Lavazza is good enough for me.