Live Escape report

KeithJenner

As I did for my last couple of cruises, I am intending on reporting live from the Escape rather than doing a review at the end.

This one will obviously be a bit different to my previous ones as there is a lot of interest in the ship but also a number of other people reporting at the same time. I imagine that lots of people will be getting their questions answered in the next few days, whether by me or the others who will be reporting in.

Just to start I'll say a little about my plans. I'm writing this at the train station waiting for our train to London so we can fly out to Hamburg tomorrow morning. At the moment I'm with my wife and out ten year old son.

We've booked tickets for minatur wonderland tomorrow and then we'll be boarding the Escape on Sunday for the three night trip to Southampton.

In Wednesday, my wife and son will catch a train home from Southampton (school next week) and I will meet up with my brother for the final one night trip before he leaves and I head off to Miami by myself.

This is my second Transatlantic (I was on the Breakaway) but we are regulars on NCL. I will try to report as much as possible (I've got internet all the way except for the one nighter), and will be happy to try to answer any questions.

There is no need to ask for me to post the new a la carte menus for Cagneys or Le Bistro or the beer menu at the Brewhouse as these will be the first places I will visit on Sunday unless, as I suspect, there are already lots of pictures of those menus already posted by then.

There is also little point asking for details about the Spa, fitness club or the fancy new shops that are onboard, as I've never managed to find these sort of places on any previous cruise and this one will be no different. I'm afraid my interests are much more in the food and beer area.

I'm staying in three different cabins. Starting in an angled balcony then a standard balcony and finally a large balcony for the TA. I'm sure I will be checking out a few other cabins next Wednesday but again I expect these to be pretty well covered by then.

I've set up an Instagram account (Keith_Jenner) which is currently empty but will have some pictures from the trip later (probably starting when we get to Hamburg). I'll probably link some of them on here.

That's it for now. Train will be here soon.

Thanks for the effort Keith.

I am torn between looking at everything I can before we board on the 29th and avoiding looking at anything at all so I can soak it all in for the first time on board!

Kind of like, do I open my presents before Christmas morning or wait until the day!!??

:D:D:D

Thanks for the effort Keith.

I am torn between looking at everything I can before we board on the 29th and avoiding looking at anything at all so I can soak it all in for the first time on board!

Kind of like, do I open my presents before Christmas morning or wait until the day!!??

:D:D:D

Me too! I want to look but then again I don't want to spoil the fun for when I get there. So, I think I'm going to avoid any threads for the next 3 weeks. (but then I probably won't) lol ;)

Looking forward to your opinion of the beers on board. Dh is a home brewer and a lover of microbreweries. so much so, that we went to Portland, Oregon in July for a brewfest and to try out all their microbreweries there, since it is the microbrewery capitol of the U.S.

We will be on Escape in a few weeks and the district brewhouse was definitely a deciding factor in booking this ship.

Hope the beer selection is awesome and thanks for taking time out of your vacation to do this thread.:)

Looking forward to your account as well! We just sailed our first NCL cruise on Getaway last month (Elite Plus on Celebrity and Diamond on Royal) and fell madly in love and cancelled a January Reflection cruise to book Escape instead! I was happy to hear that Escape's regular balconies are deeper than the Away ones. Hopefully you can confirm that; I had to upgrade to a B6 on Getaway so as to not bang our knees... I loved the Waterfront area and I'm interested in the now adults only 24/7 H2O.

Have three wonderful cruises!

As a fan of your prior reviews, can't wait to see your upcoming posts. You always cover all the items we are wanting to learn about. We are booked in an angled balcony on deck 14 for our January Escape so very interested to see what you post about yours. Have a great cruise :D

Just reporting in from Heathrow.

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn last night. I've stayed there a few times before and would recommend it, especially if you are travelling by train. It is a very short walk from Hatton Cross tube station.

We were going to use the tube to get here this morning, but there was a small problem at the hotel and they offered us a free taxi as compensation. Way more than I thought the issue deserved, but who am I to complain.

Just waiting for the gate number and then we'll be off.

Edited by KeithJenner

A good day today. Nice short flight to Hamburg and an easy 30 minute train journey into the city.

We're staying at The Madison which is excellent. Great location and a really comfortable room. I'd certainly stay here again.

We had a walk around the city after we arrived and then in the evening headed to Minatur Wonderland which really is fantastic. We spent a couple of hours there and could easily have spent double that. There is just so much detail to see. Really worth it if you ever visit Hamburg. I will probably put a few pictures of it up on Instagram later.

All set for tomorrow now. We're planning to get a taxi to the port late morning so we should hopefully be on board soon after midday. Really looking forward to it.