2017/2018 Deployment Thread & Opening Schedule

Andy

Thanks, thought I was going crazy or the coffee was not working. I don't see anything for Silhouette after the return to FL on the cruise look up site either.

Just called Celebrity - Silhoutte still not loaded into system. My guess is later today.

Hi Everyone,

BTW, the hot rumor on Equinox offering 4/5/9 Caribbean sailings appears not to be the case. She's mostly sailing 7 night from Miami. Sooooo, it pretty much looks like a typical ship-flip-flop, where Reflection takes over Equinox's 10/11 night run, and Equinox takes over Reflection's 7 night sailings from Miami.

Reflection will offer one 4 night sailing on 12/18/17, and one 6 night sailing on 1/2/18. She will also offer the Mardi Gras sailing (10 night) on 2/9/18, though pricing seemed pretty steep. I'm not at all surprised, being that the 2017 sailing was in strong demand on Equinox.

Hope this helps !

Do not see anything for Silhouette after it returns to Port Everglades in Nov 2017...

Hi Hcat,

Just called again, (whew, busy day !). Was told they should be in the system shortly. As most everything Caribbean is now known, and there's not much of a change - other than the above mentioned ship-flip-flop with RF and EQ. I'm curious to see if it's anything other than the same old 7 night sailings for SIL.

I cannot see detailed prices for the new cruises. When I select a category I get the oops no cabins available. Which would mean that I could not put a cabin on hold. Anyone else have this problem? I am using an IPad.

I was able to call and book, but I had to get the price on the phone. I booked our annual 14 day Eclipse cruise for January 2018 in a S1. The 123 All Inclusive deals for 2016/2017 sure did spoil us. I booked Big with the Classic package, but adding the $300 OBC and gratuity costs (123 AI) for a year over year comparison reflects a roughly 19% increase for 2018 over 2016/2017. All bookings were done at the initial release which so far our the lowest price. Much less of an increase than the increase for the new TAs.

I cannot see detailed prices for the new cruises. When I select a category I get the oops no cabins available. Which would mean that I could not put a cabin on hold. Anyone else have this problem? I am using an IPad.

Hi Jagoffee,

I'm using Chrome and Internet Explorer, and it's the same for me. On the bright side, we can see dates, itineraries, and starting pricing for each category. For planning purposes, that works. However, for the moment, it looks like folks will need to call in to make a booking.

Hope this helps !

Hi Jagoffee,

I'm using Chrome and Internet Explorer, and it's the same for me. On the bright side, we can see dates, itineraries, and starting pricing for each category. For planning purposes, that works. However, for the moment, it looks like folks will need to call in to make a booking.

Hope this helps !

Yes and that is what I did. It is good to know that is not just me.

Painful and no perks I mean is a Panama Canal worth almost $400 per night in a 2C with no perks?

Probably one Perk with Big.

I hope that is at least for two people.

I called this morning to move a Europe booking from 2016 to 2017. They didn't have the exact same itinerary:(, but I found something I like:) and I surprisingly had my choice of AQ 1138, 1140, and 1141 on the Connie. I went a little contrary to popular opinion and chose 1138 over 1140. I like the angled balcony and the extra light it lets in.

Let the planning begin!:D

Edited by Cindy

Hi Jagoffee,

Hope this helps !

I had the same problem. I tried logging in and that didn't change anything, so I just called. I needed to call anyway because I was moving an existing booking, but I wanted to check availability of specific cabins on line before I called, and I wasn't able to do that.

Hi Everyone,

BTW, the hot rumor on Equinox offering 4/5/9 Caribbean sailings appears not to be the case. She's mostly sailing 7 night from Miami. Sooooo, it pretty much looks like a typical ship-flip-flop, where Reflection takes over Equinox's 10/11 night run, and Equinox takes over Reflection's 7 night sailings from Miami.

Reflection will offer one 4 night sailing on 12/18/17, and one 6 night sailing on 1/2/18. She will also offer the Mardi Gras sailing (10 night) on 2/9/18, though pricing seemed pretty steep. I'm not at all surprised, being that the 2017 sailing was in strong demand on Equinox.

Hope this helps !

certainly was an interesting guess. ;)

Hi Hcat,

Just called again, (whew, busy day !). Was told they should be in the system shortly. As most everything Caribbean is now known, and there's not much of a change - other than the above mentioned ship-flip-flop with RF and EQ. I'm curious to see if it's anything other than the same old 7 night sailings for SIL.

Have been on Silho twice..2 diff itins and enjoyed it ...so if we see something out of PE we might want to do again, we may book it...we get ship bd credit from our Royal C Visa, internet from Cap Club level and would just need to buy one perk..alcohol..

we'll see how it goes...

Long term plan is to try other lines ..

Done! Snagged a C1 on Deck 8, which is exactly what we wanted. Thanks to those who offered advice and info.

• Ft Lauderdale
  • At Sea
  • George Town, GC
  • At Sea
  • Panama Canal
  • At Sea
  • Manta, Ecuador
  • At Sea
  • Lima, Peru
  • Lima, Peru
  • Pisco, Peru
  • At Sea
  • Arica, Chile
  • At Sea
  • At Sea
  • Valparaiso, Chile

Almost two years to figure out what to do in those ports. :D

I called this morning to move a Europe booking from 2016 to 2017. They didn't have the exact same itinerary:(, but I found something I like:) and I surprisingly had my choice of AQ 1138, 1140, and 1141 on the Connie. I went a little contrary to popular opinion and chose 1138 over 1140. I like the angled balcony and the extra light it lets in.

Let the planning begin!:D

Why is Deck 11 not popular? We were on that deck on Millennium recently and liked it.

In a word - no. Booking early used to be worth it -not any longer.

I am totally surprised by the prices. I just looked at the Rio Carnival cruise for 2018 and AQU is $325.00 per diem, and that is with an agent discount. So over $9K for two persons for 14 nights. Does that seem high to others? It has the one perk. I thought they all came with a perk now. I asked and was told it was not possible to book wit a lower price without the perk.

Why is Deck 11 not popular? We were on that deck on Millennium recently and liked it.

I just booked Cabin 1140 on the Summit on 2 Cruises today. We like the view from up top for our Cruise Photo's.

Oct 22, 2017 NJ to San Juan.

Dec 12, 2017 San Juan 11 Night Dutch Antilles.

22148352398_dfd711be7e_c.jpg

CaptDave

Done! Snagged a C1 on Deck 8, which is exactly what we wanted. Thanks to those who offered advice and info.

• Ft Lauderdale
  • At Sea
  • George Town, GC
  • At Sea
  • Panama Canal
  • At Sea
  • Manta, Ecuador
  • At Sea
  • Lima, Peru
  • Lima, Peru
  • Pisco, Peru
  • At Sea
  • Arica, Chile
  • At Sea
  • At Sea
  • Valparaiso, Chile

Almost two years to figure out what to do in those ports. :D

Do the ship's 3-day excursion to Machu Picchu out of Lima. Absolutely spectacular. We did it on the same itinerary two years ago!

Michael

Deck 11 IS popular, and the 5 aft cabins usually go first. I meant I'm a little odd in that I prefer 1138 or 1141 to 1140.

Edited by Cindy

Do the ship's 3-day excursion to Machu Picchu out of Lima. Absolutely spectacular. We did it on the same itinerary two years ago!

Michael

Hey Michael,

I just noticed from your signature you're doing the Arabic Sea and India cruise on Connie. When are you going?

I just booked the 1/2/18 sailing.

Hi Jagoffee,

Hope this helps !

Thanks Andy.

We had same problem...tried to book and it said "oops..no cabins available"... could not be true for a 2018 cruise. No mention on website that it was a pre book window for Cap Club...Website once again not helping X with bookings!

We called and had our choice of the entire AQ class..heading back to Silho out of Port Ev....

9 days..haven't done the itin in awhile, we like the ship....Price was OK for AQ class, reduced dep and Go Big Classic was required

We can always cancel if something better turns up..meanwhile.also booked on Ruby Princess to test it out..

Hey Michael,

I just noticed from your signature you're doing the Arabic Sea and India cruise on Connie. When are you going?

I just booked the 1/2/18 sailing.

Hey Erik!

We booked the Dec 2016 cruise. We booked it as soon as it became available a year ago. It's one of the Signature Sailings with NYE in Dubai.

We are super excited for this cruise. We just booked our hotel in Abu Dhabi and should be able to book airfare next month :)

Michael

Hey Erik!

We booked the Dec 2016 cruise. We booked it as soon as it became available a year ago. It's one of the Signature Sailings with NYE in Dubai.

We are super excited for this cruise. We just booked our hotel in Abu Dhabi and should be able to book airfare next month :)

Michael

That's awesome. Just booked the 1/2/18 sailing (I probably said that already :eek:) I will most likely spent NYE in Abu Dhabi. Looking forward to it.