2017/2018 Deployment Thread & Opening Schedule

Andy

Re .....Yes, I'm from the US. When I put the cruise on hold, it only offered the OBC. When I called the Captain's Club, the rep let me switch to the beverage package and had Better and Best for sale (or at least Best because that is what I asked about).

I noticed on the Alaska cruises it only had the $300 OBC as a perk initially (I had to ask to get the Go Best on the cruise I booked). They added BBB to others I looked at by the 3rd day of the sale.

sorry thought it was a ta you had booked..

I thought I asked this question, and sorry if i has already been asked/answered, but why do the Iceland/Northern Lights itineraries show up as some type of Portugal/Spain map and list of ports? Shouldn't there be ports in Iceland on an Iceland/Northern Lights itinerary?

re.........so we like transatlantics and will most likely keep doing them maybe not all the time on celebrity will depend on the cost but today there is some weird pricing going on We normally select sv but have just booked c1 which is less expensive than sv/c2 or c3

Celebrity must have messed up the pricing as they have now been adjusted so anyone who got the C1 earlier well done..saved hundreds of dollars...:D

So far only 2016 itineraries have been affected. I guess Celebrity is pondering 2017.

Istanbul is indeed in the picture for 2017, but a port call only. Definitely easy to change to another port if things do not settle down there. A shame as Istanbul is wonderful!

I did not see Istanbul on the new 2017 itineraries.

Istanbul is indeed in the picture for 2017, but a port call only. Definitely easy to change to another port if things do not settle down there. A shame as Istanbul is wonderful!

Correct. Not as a departure port but a few itineraries include Istanbul. Reflection and Constellation.

I think they fall somewhere in the middle. Food was better than Royal, not as good as Celebrity.... stateroom was great, one of best attendants on ANY ship.... entertainment in the Piazza far better than what Celebrity offers, but not as good as entertainment overall on Royal ships.

We did not like the way Princess does "anytime dining" at all.....it is anything but anytime dining....really diminished the dinner experience...we would not choose that way again.

Specialty restaurants every bit as good as Celebrity.

Overall we would cruise Princess again, in fact may be doing so in Alaska....

And pricing is far more in line with what we expect to pay.....X is pricing us right out of the game.....Elite Plus and all.....:confused: but I guess if they can get it the loyal cruiser is not important anymore...

thank you so much for your input. Everything you stated is pretty much what I've heard.

I wonder why the can't make "anytime dining" work.

I'm looking to do a Pacific Coast with them, since they pretty much dominate the area. :D

I'm a Captain's Club member & haven't had an email about the Europe release dates! Good job I knew about them on here! I'm going to have a look & see if anything is possible for the dates we want & budget of course!

I'm a Captain's Club member & haven't had an email about the Europe release dates! Good job I knew about them on here! I'm going to have a look & see if anything is possible for the dates we want & budget of course!

I didn't get any emails either.

That's why we're here. ;)

I didn't get any emails either.

That's why we're here. ;)

Exactly! Well I've seen the cruise i want but there is nothing perk wise for me to book with it - I am in the UK so looks like I am going to play the waiting game!

Exactly! Well I've seen the cruise i want but there is nothing perk wise for me to book with it - I am in the UK so looks like I am going to play the waiting game!

For UK bookers, there is the guarantee that you can rebook a 2017 cruise if a better offer comes along later; first book by the end of Feb; rebook by the end of December. Thinking about it.

(This offer, which is effectively standard for US clients, is a "special offer" in the UK!)

Stuart

E mail we rec'd today in US..has Europe offers with one free perk (cruiser's) choice...then if you want you can do big better, whatever...

Waiting for the carib cruises to be offered but if prices are high..time for Azamara..they have a great online e brochure...beautiful spa suites...such a nice decor..and looks like enough space in the MDR to have a lovely meal.....

E mail we rec'd today in US..has Europe offers with one free perk (cruiser's) choice...then if you want you can do big better, whatever...

Waiting for the carib cruises to be offered but if prices are high..time for Azamara..they have a great online e brochure...beautiful spa suites...such a nice decor..and looks like enough space in the MDR to have a lovely meal.....

I received the e-brochure from Azamara last night. Very Very tempting.

Does anyone know where the Silhouette will be in June, 2017?

We were looking at an early summer cruise to the Baltic 2017, but when looking at the Celebrity site all I get at that time is a May 19 to June 1 cruise and then the next cruise starts on June 29. So what is the Silhouette doing between June 1 to June 29; dry dock, private booking, or not yet released?

Also we did get an e-mail from Celebrity last night for the 2017 release and we have only gone on one Celebrity cruise.

We were looking at an early summer cruise to the Baltic 2017, but when looking at the Celebrity site all I get at that time is a May 19 to June 1 cruise and then the next cruise starts on June 29. So what is the Silhouette doing between June 1 to June 29; dry dock, private booking, or not yet released?

Also we did get an e-mail from Celebrity last night for the 2017 release and we have only gone on one Celebrity cruise.

According to cruisecal. There are 3 7 night Baltic cruises out of Stockholm on 6/1 6/8 6/15 6/22 and 6/29. there could be a delay in releasing them. They could also be negotiating a possible charter. I would call Captain's Club and see if they'll let you book any of these via phone.

I too am on the edge of my seat waiting for Celebrity's Deployment. Aiming to do Southeast Asia in 2018.

6-1-17 6-8-17 6-15-17 6-22-17 6-29-17 All 7 day cruises out of Stockholm RT

6-1-17 6-8-17 6-15-17 6-22-17 6-29-17 All 7 day cruises out of Stockholm RT

The 6/29 is the only one I can find and that is one goofy (and expensive) itinerary. Overnight in Stockholm (which would be great on a 12 day trip, but not on a 7) and only 1 day in St. Petersburg. For $5400 (almost $800 per diem) for AQ. May be trying it for the European market--no way we are flying across for a 7 day cruise--won't do it in the Caribbean so for sure not Europe.

But maybe they know something we don't....

The 6/29 is the only one I can find and that is one goofy (and expensive) itinerary. Overnight in Stockholm (which would be great on a 12 day trip, but not on a 7) and only 1 day in St. Petersburg. For $5400 (almost $800 per diem) for AQ. May be trying it for the European market--no way we are flying across for a 7 day cruise--won't do it in the Caribbean so for sure not Europe.

But maybe they know something we don't....

Haha, well my husband and I fly from the US to Europe for long weekends several times a year. We would never do a cruise less than 10 days anywhere, however, but maybe there are people like us who enjoy a quick chance to getaway and maybe only have a limited amount of time.

This is not an optimal itinerary, though, I agree.

Michael

Just like last year, the pricing for Europe is outrageously high. I see the itineraries that I'm interested in. Now it's just a waiting game to see which ones come down in price. We have a 13 night Greece and Turkey cruise booked for 2016. We are in AC and are paying less than a 7 night in AC on any 2017 sailing. However, unless pricing comes down significantly, I think 2017 will be a transatlantic year on Royal Caribbean.

Interesting note on the Westbound 2017 TA :

Equinox (which has homeported in Ft Lauderdale), ends in Miami.

Reflection (which has homeported in Miami), ends in Ft Lauderdale.

I'm wondering if Equinox will continue to sail 10/11 nights from Miami, OR, will she move to 7 night sailings from Miami, and Reflection will take over the 10/11 night sailings. My guess is, it's the latter, as the 10/11 night itineraries are very popular. Celebrity probably figures they can add some capacity/revenues, as Reflection is a bit larger.

Of course, Celebrity might surprise us, and make some bigger changes. However, in recent years, we've learned to keep our expectations low. At the very least, I'm hoping they shuffle some of the Caribbean ports, as many of the itineraries haven't changed in quite some time.

At any rate, only another week to go (12/15) for Caribbean, and we'll have our answer. Stay Tuned !

Interesting note on the Westbound 2017 TA :

Equinox (which has homeported in Ft Lauderdale), ends in Miami.

Reflection (which has homeported in Miami), ends in Ft Lauderdale.

I'm wondering if Equinox will continue to sail 10/11 nights from Miami, OR, will she move to 7 night sailings from Miami, and Reflection will take over the 10/11 night sailings. My guess is, it's the latter, as the 10/11 night itineraries are very popular. Celebrity probably figures they can add some capacity/revenues, as Reflection is a bit larger.

Of course, Celebrity might surprise us, and make some bigger changes. However, in recent years, we've learned to keep our expectations low. At the very least, I'm hoping they shuffle some of the Caribbean ports, as many of the itineraries haven't changed in quite some time.

At any rate, only another week to go (12/15) for Caribbean, and we'll have our answer. Stay Tuned !

Reflection is set up to do the 10/11 night runs. It seems that Equinox will start doing 4/5/5/9 similar to what Constellation is currently doing.