2017/2018 Deployment Thread & Opening Schedule

Andy

Painful and no perks I mean is a Panama Canal worth almost $400 per night in a 2C with no perks?

We just moved our spring 2017 PC cruise in a RS to Fall 2017 in a CS and got the BBB pricing. The price is high but I suspect we will never actually take this cruise. I'm keeping it on the books as a place holder since I booked onboard with a good on board credit for 14 nights.

We booked the oddball 14 Night Reflection sailing on 03NOV. Its a nice mix of ports and I'm taking my mother and my partner Robert is taking his Dad [emoji41]

aw..that's so nice. Great itinerary. :D

The price is not so bad either.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

We booked the oddball 14 Night Reflection sailing on 03NOV. Its a nice mix of ports and I'm taking my mother and my partner Robert is taking his Dad [emoji41]

Why is it odd. Is it the only 14 night Caribbean cruise in 2017? It looks like the per diem for AQU is about $205.00 per person with taxes (includes 1 perk). It seems high for the Caribbean but not sure how it compares to 2015 & 2016.

Why is it odd. Is it the only 14 night Caribbean cruise in 2017? It looks like the per diem for AQU is about $205.00 per person with taxes (includes 1 perk). It seems high for the Caribbean but not sure how it compares to 2015 & 2016.

it's odd because Reflection is typically doing the 10/11 night runs that Equinox use to do.

it's odd because Reflection is typically doing the 10/11 night runs that Equinox use to do.

Hi Cruiseboy305,

Other than Reflection and Equinox flipping itineraries - which is probably the big Caribbean story... there's something else worth noting. Several ships have some one off itineraries. In past years, for the most part, the ship that sailed 14 nights, pretty much stuck to the same itinerary for the entire season. Not so much for 2017/2018. An example is Reflection - which is mostly offering 10 & 11 nights, and is offering the 14 night sailing in November 2017. Reflection also has a 4 and 6 night sailing in the mix.

I've noticed a handful of sailings outside the norm, on Eclipse, Equinox and Silhouette as well.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Cruiseboy305,

Other than Reflection and Equinox flipping itineraries - which is probably the big Caribbean story... there's something else worth noting. Several ships have some one off itineraries. In past years, for the most part, the ship that sailed 14 nights, pretty much stuck to the same itinerary for the entire season. Not so much for 2017/2018. An example is Reflection - which is mostly offering 10 & 11 nights, and is offering the 14 night sailing in November 2017. Reflection also has a 4 and 6 night sailing in the mix.

I've noticed a handful of sailings outside the norm, on Eclipse, Equinox and Silhouette as well.

Yes I noticed that too. It's not unusual during the Holidays to have an off pattern sailing, but that 11/3/17 sailing on Reflection is rather off.

I got my Captain's Club "Early Opening" e-mail this morning. It's a good thing I've been following this thread to know that the Pacific Coastal/Panama Canal cruises would be opening yesterday.

I saw them on the website Monday night, but like others here reported, could not book them online. But I called just before midnight Monday and was able to book the b2b we wanted. I have no idea if it's true, but the agent told me that we were the first to book both cruises. Shouldn't that be worth a commemorative perk? :rolleyes:

Equinox- 10 days - 4/2015 -AQ - we paid $140pp. $205/pp is high in my opinion.

Hi Everyone,

To those asking about online pricing, booking and cabin availability... it may be entirely possible, that it's by design. The first 3 days are supposed to be exclusive to Captains Club members, and they probably want you to call in to book, either direct with Celebrity, or your TA.

As I've suggested for years, if you wish to book the new itineraries during the Captains Club exclusive booking window... the best plan is to call Celebrity (or your TA) direct.

Hope this helps !

Yes and that is what I did. It is good to know that is not just me.

Probably one Perk with Big.

I hope that is at least for two people.

What is the Go Big, Better, Best deals. I have 3 options for the Panama Canal in Oct. '17 but no info on deals

Equinox- 10 days - 4/2015 -AQ - we paid $140pp. $205/pp is high in my opinion.

Price for the 9 day cruise in AQ on Silhouette that we booked for Jan 2018, is same as we pd for upcoming Jan 2015 , 9 day on Equinox in AQ..

Difference is we only get one perk...we picked Classic Bev...grats are not included and no OBC

In addtion, after we complete our Jan 2015, cruise we will get extra Cap Club pts..part of a booking promo ....as if we'll ever get to Zenith

we also have Eq for Jan 2016, but I don't have our folder handy for comparison..

I was able to book on Tuesday.am on Infinity 4/2018 and in the SS 6145 !! Have been looking forward to the Panama canal for a while!! Now I have to wait another 2 years!! Wanted 2017 but was booked( sky suites) when we looked this summer! So I jumped on the 2018 itineraries!!

Hi Everyone,

To those asking about online pricing, booking and cabin availability... it may be entirely possible, that it's by design. The first 3 days are supposed to be exclusive to Captains Club members, and they probably want you to call in to book, either direct with Celebrity, or your TA.

As I've suggested for years, if you wish to book the new itineraries during the Captains Club exclusive booking window... the best plan is to call Celebrity (or your TA) direct.

Hope this helps !

That makes sense. I was surprised that it was not the case when they released the new TAs earlier in the month.