Door Signs

ChrisB123

I use just a little something from the craft store. At first I did it to help our children find the right door and now I do it just because it makes finding our cabin so much easier when I am talking and not paying attention.

Most times we cruise we decorate our door because it's a fun thing to do. If people don't like walking past it, use the other corridor. We cruise often for a birthday or anniversary so we are given balloons on the doors to start. There is a thread onf fun door signs here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=628148

Personally I don't get cruising with a stuffed animal, but if that's what people want to do....why not....after all it is THEIR holiday cruise... let people spend it how they want. Life is too short to worry about minor things

Sandy in Spain

I hope this is the right place to put this. :)

Does anyone have any idea's for Door Signs? I'd like to do something different.

For our 7 day cruises we do not decorate our door. But on our longer cruises, especially the 33 day, 26 day, and our upcoming 23 day cruise I order a magnetic sign from VistaPrint.com, using one of their templates for the design.

For those replies that ask if we decorate hotel doors, No, but I also don't spend weeks in a hotel.

One time we spent Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and the day after in a hotel and Yes we did put a Christmas decoration on the door.

To answer OP question. I use a 12 inch dia picture of a Porthole mounted on a rubber covered magnet. It shows ocean with three sea gulls flying.

Bob

I'm not a door decorator and don't really care one way or the other...but this is just cool sounding. :D Would be even better if you could change the scene to show and island one day, some undersea stuff another, and so on. :p

Normally, we don't decorate our doors, but we had a great roll call member who made little magnets of each port we were going to. The were small (like fridge magnets) and as we approached each port another magnet representing that port was affixed. They went at the top where the metal is, were quite unobtrusive but a number of people commented that they would like to have had them and wondered where they were bought.

It was kind of fun :)

For our 7 day cruises we do not decorate our door. But on our longer cruises, especially the 33 day, 26 day, and our upcoming 23 day cruise I order a magnetic sign from VistaPrint.com, using one of their templates for the design.

Just out of curiosity where exactly do you go on their website. This might be a neat way of telling the grandkids we are cruising over spring beak next year.

Normally we don't decorate other than the single balloon. My 8 YO DGD is high functioning autistic. She will do just fine going to the kid area and back to the cabin by herself but she will get confused and/or forget the cabin number. If we have something on the door she will find it. This is another way we will be able to become self sufficient in her life. Every new experience helps her function in this big world. I'll be hiding following behind her to make sure she is safe though.

Edited by notentirelynormal

Is it true the walls in the cabins are metal so magnets will stick to them? Sailing over Christmas and wanted to try to make the room a little festive. Tastefully of course.... and no one would see it but my family and I.

Thanks to whoever answers.

Yes they are magnetic.. and please do not go by what others think are tasteful ,we all have our own opinions!

Enjoy your cruise!

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

Just out of curiosity where exactly do you go on their website. This might be a neat way of telling the grandkids we are cruising over spring beak next year.

Normally we don't decorate other than the single balloon. My 8 YO DGD is high functioning autistic. She will do just fine going to the kid area and back to the cabin by herself but she will get confused and/or forget the cabin number. If we have something on the door she will find it. This is another way we will be able to become self sufficient in her life. Every new experience helps her function in this big world. I'll be hiding following behind her to make sure she is safe though.

At VistaPrint.com at the top I choose Signs & Posters, then from the drop down menu I choose Car Door magnets. Then you have a choice of two sizes.

Then, over at the left you can choose a category and then a scene. You can add words if you wish.

Instead of choosing one of their designs you can upload your own. In the past I have not been computer literate enough to do that. But now with an ipad and photos I've taken, I might try doing that.

I agree with those who've said that the decorations shown in post #33 are way over the top. I think decorating the entire door is too much, and encroaching on the wall space around the door should be forbidden by the cruise line imo.

What I like about the flat car magnets are they are a reasonable size and do not stick out from the door.

I hope this is the right place to put this. :)

Does anyone have any idea's for Door Signs? I'd like to do something different.

As you can see, not everyone decorates their door, and, due to the anonymity of CC, have no problems in chastising others for doing so. There is a group on FB called "Carnival Cruisers... Decorate Your Doors". If you're interested, join the group and get lots of ideas for decorating. I would suggest not using anything that you can't afford to have stolen or destroyed. Unfortunately, sometimes decorations do get stolen or destroyed.

At VistaPrint.com at the top I choose Signs & Posters, then from the drop down menu I choose Car Door magnets. Then you have a choice of two sizes.

Then, over at the left you can choose a category and then a scene. You can add words if you wish.

Instead of choosing one of their designs you can upload your own. In the past I have not been computer literate enough to do that. But now with an ipad and photos I've taken, I might try doing that.

I agree with those who've said that the decorations shown in post #33 are way over the top. I think decorating the entire door is too much, and encroaching on the wall space around the door should be forbidden by the cruise line imo.

What I like about the flat car magnets are they are a reasonable size and do not stick out from the door.

Thank you for the great suggestion. We will be going on our first cruise on May 2016. It will be in celebration of my daughter's 15th birthday (quinceañero), which in Hispanic countries is the equivalent of a Sweet 16. A magnet for our door would be great as she will be able to keep it as a memento of her birthday.

Thank you for the great suggestion. We will be going on our first cruise on May 2016. It will be in celebration of my daughter's 15th birthday (quinceañero), which in Hispanic countries is the equivalent of a Sweet 16. A magnet for our door would be great as she will be able to keep it as a memento of her birthday.

What a nice idea for a souvenir of a special celebration.

The car magnets at VistaPrint.com are geared toward companies but you can put any words or numbers on them. You do not have to follow their suggestion of company name, phone, etc. you can put what you want. You might want to choose the flowers category. Most are really nice.

When I was in high school my friend invited me to her quinceanero party. I was honored to be invited to such a special cultural celebration.

OK folks, here's the deal....when a member asks a question here on the "Ask A Question" board, please answer the question in a polite way. It's against our guidelines to respond with unkind and rude remarks. We also call it "off topic" when you don't actually answer the OPs question.

Please don't share your opinions if the OP hasn't asked for them. If you don't have suggestions or recommendations to actually answer the question, please don't respond at all.

Chris, happy decorating and enjoy your cruise!