Is there a 'cheap' way to print boarding passes ?

Shippy

Have not sailed Norwegian in years & notice how they are really charging a lot for things.

I do not want to but their internet package. Is there a way to buy a very short amount of time that would just be enough to print boarding passes ?

Thanks

Have not sailed Norwegian in years & notice how they are really charging a lot for things.

I do not want to but their internet package. Is there a way to buy a very short amount of time that would just be enough to print boarding passes ?

Thanks

Smart phone and an App. I'm sure your airline has a checkin kiosk, they don't charge for printing boarding passes

Edited by Laszlo

Thanks

Don't you need to be on board to use internet? :confused:

Don't you need to be on board to use internet? :confused:

Shippy is probably talking about the airline boarding passes for the post-cruise return flight(s) home.

Just curious, is there a reason why not to just print boarding passes at the airport kiosks when you get there?

We print our boarding passes at the local library at $.20 a page. It is cheap enough for us.

I think the OP is talking about return flight boarding passes, so printing while still aboard ship before disembarking.

We do not have smart phones so no airline app. We print ours at airport for our return flight.

Shippy is probably talking about the airline boarding passes for the post-cruise return flight(s) home.

Just curious, is there a reason why not to just print boarding passes at the airport kiosks when you get there?

On other cruiselines the internet is cheaper. I always check-in & print the boarding passes the day before the cruise is over. Makes me feel more secure if I am running late to the airport & can get in the faster line.

Thanks

If that is all you need to do, then yes, print them at the airport for no charge. However, if you are flying Southwest and want to Check In, you will need internet connectivity. I agree with the poster said to go to the Internet Café and offer $5 to jump on, check in, jump off.

On other cruiselines the internet is cheaper. I always check-in & print the boarding passes the day before the cruise is over. Makes me feel more secure if I am running late to the airport & can get in the faster line.
Depending on your airline, you can check-in on your phone, if you are in port the day before your flight using the internet there (go to a Starbucks and buy a drink and get free internet, if there is one close) and have your boarding pass on your phone. If you don't trust having the boarding pass on your phone, you can just check in via your phone and get your boarding pass when you get to the airport. I've done that a few times and it works like a charm. Edited by NLH Arizona

Would suck if you flew Southwest...If you dont check in until the day you leave (when the ship comes into port) then you will be one of the last people boarding the plane. Southwest really makes it tough to travel with family/friends.

As for any other airline as others have said, just check in on your phone when you arrive into port. You can typically pick your seat when you buy your ticket so it doesn't matter when you check in. And 90% of airports will let you check in and go through security with your boarding passes on your phone nowadays. I'll typically get the boarding passes re-printed at the desk when I check my luggage just in case the internet or phone fails me.

-Sean

Depends on who you are flying. Many airlines (even southwest!) offer an auto check in function for the return leg of your trip. Sometimes it's free--sometimes there is a charge for it.

Now, if you're flying Spirit--you're SOL...

Southwest doesn't offer auto-check in. They offer Early Bird check in for a fee. You can add it to your booking and avoid getting a C group boarding pass even if you wait to obtain a boarding pass at the airport. Usually, Early Bird ends up in A group...sometimes B.

Thanks

Ask the internet manager at the internet café desk about pricing. Sometimes they offer some internet specials on the last day. They do charge 50 cents a page for printing on top of any internet minutes.

(go to a Starbucks and buy a drink and get free internet, if there is one close)

FYI- You do not have to make a purchase @ Starbucks to get free internet. ;)

Actually in some of the Starbucks I've been to, out of the US, I've had to purchase a drink to get the pass code to get into their internet which is on my receipt;).

Would suck if you flew Southwest...If you dont check in until the day you leave (when the ship comes into port) then you will be one of the last people boarding the plane. Southwest really makes it tough to travel with family/friends.

-Sean

Actually they make it quite easy. See earlybird checkin

Have to admit I had to think about this one for a few seconds: "you need boarding passes to return to the original port on your cruise?"

Then I got it. Personally, I'll just check in and print them at the airport - but then, I'm just HOPING something happens that keeps me in Miami for an extra night, and miss a day of work the next day. I won't complain. If something delays me a day on the outward flight, I'm angry. On the return flight? Don't worry, be happy! As long as it doesn't involve sleeping at the airport.

Just to clarify, you can use internet onboard for 95 cents per minute, but you still have to pay the $3.95 activation charge when you first log on. So just factor that in. And if you are flying Southwest and don't want to deal with trying to checkin at a certain time, you can prepay Southwest for Early Bird Check-in, and they will do it for you automatically. When you get to the airport you will already be checked in, and they will print the boarding pass for you.