HAL's new partnerships, upgrades, branding initiative

InTheWASide

A corporation should indeed know better but not this one. This is a corporation that invited people to a press conference where they unveiled their new logo and then proceeded to give departing attendees a bunch of goodies and press releases on letterhead with the old logo in a bag depicting the old logo :rolleyes:

Wow....... what are they thinking?

Wow....... what are they thinking?

I wonder if they were thinking at all. One of the questions from a reporter was when would "art" be available, which I took to mean a file that they could use to show the new logo in articles they were writing. The answer was that they could use the logo as of Jan 1, but no answer was given about when "art" would be available. I wonder if he even knew what she meant by "art."

OTOH, they did go to the trouble of getting the Moleskines with the new logo on them. Not sure how visible it would be impressed into the black cover, but they did have those. I wonder if somebody had a last-minute realization that they had no way to package the press releases and the moleskine, and somebody said "Just grab a bunch of those bags."

I think of the times we had to do presentations for sales meetings or customers. We rehearsed, made sure our giveaways were ready, and knew enough about our product to be able to field questions.

Just saw an add in the latest issue of a popular upscale eat & drink magazine for a new United Airlines menu plan with the heading "Savor the Journey" so not quite as creative and unique a slogan as HAL might think. Also adds in the magazine for Celebrity, Princess, Seabourn, Oceania, Crystal but not HAL as in the past. In fact I haven't seen much from HAL at all lately. Remember the clever ones with the tiny ship sailing in a martini glass? Strange they aren't over all talking about the new ship.

Just saw an add in the latest issue of a popular upscale eat & drink magazine for a new United Airlines menu plan with the heading "Savor the Journey" so not quite as creative and unique a slogan as HAL might think. Also adds in the magazine for Celebrity, Princess, Seabourn, Oceania, Crystal but not HAL as in the past. In fact I haven't seen much from HAL at all lately. Remember the clever ones with the tiny ship sailing in a martini glass? Strange they aren't over all talking about the new ship.

If you want an idea of how very unoriginal HAL is with this slogan, google "Savor the Journey" (include the quotes) and then again with "Savour the Journey". :rolleyes:

If you want an idea of how very unoriginal HAL is with this slogan, google "Savor the Journey" (include the quotes) and then again with "Savour the Journey". :rolleyes:

Holy Mackerel... I had no idea. Way to go Seattle...

I think the use of "Savour" is odd, considering the website says "savor the iconic MEDITERANNEAN" and "sip savor sail."

Savor is the US spelling and Savour is the British and Australian spelling.

Savor is the US spelling.... as Holland America is supposed to be an 'international' company... well... as far the crew and a large portion of passengers... it should be as 'savour'. In Canada it is 'savour'.

Google and the slogan 'savor the journey' and it come up in several slogans that have nothing to do with HAL. Pity... not original at all. I'd rather Signature of Excellence... or even better.. Tradition of Excellence.

OK... can anyone else come up with a new slogan that would be 'right'?

How about...

"Excellence at Sea" Almost sounds like 'Excellency' !!!!!!

Any one else?

Yes, I know that savor is US and savour is UK, Canada, Australia, Bermuda, etc etc. I did not think it was a mistake in spelling. My point was that it's yet another inconsistency in what HAL does. They're already saying savor on the website US, (I can't see the others), but they've gone with savour on the slogan.

And yes, Topsham, "voyage" would have been MUCH better than "journey."

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

Yes, I know that savor is US and savour is UK, Canada, Australia, Bermuda, etc etc. I did not think it was a mistake in spelling. My point was that it's yet another inconsistency in what HAL does. They're already saying savor on the website US, (I can't see the others), but they've gone with savour on the slogan.

And yes, Topsham, "voyage" would have been MUCH better than "journey."

During the presentation, it was shown as "Savor", not "Savour". If you take a look at the video, go to 43:11 to see the overhead.

Savor is the US spelling.... as Holland America is supposed to be an 'international' company... well... as far the crew and a large portion of passengers... it should be as 'savour'. In Canada it is 'savour'.

Google and the slogan 'savor the journey' and it come up in several slogans that have nothing to do with HAL. Pity... not original at all. I'd rather Signature of Excellence... or even better.. Tradition of Excellence.

OK... can anyone else come up with a new slogan that would be 'right'?

How about...

"Excellence at Sea" Almost sounds like 'Excellency' !!!!!!

Any one else?

I like both your suggestions:

Tradition of Excellence (HAL is walking away from tradition so that isn't likely to be used)

Excellence at Sea - Wonderful!!!!

• 2 weeks later...