Constellation vs Reflection

Soonaddsup

We did an eastern mediterranean cruise on Reflection in September. We loved it. beautiful ship. Aft concierge cabin - wonderful.

We loved it so much we want to book another cruise. However, we would like to go to Venice and Croatia this time.

The ship in this area is the Constellation.

So, my question is....how does the Constellation compare to Reflection?

We have read quite mixed reviews. Some say it is getting shabby?

Our best part of the cruise was sitting on deck at the back of the ship outside of the Ocean View cafe. We ate a few dinners there and always sat out there for breakfast or to drink a coffee. Much preferred to MDR

Does Constellation have a similar area?

We would really appreciate your views.

Constellation is a real nice ship. It does show signs of aging but provides a quality cruise experience. There are fewer passengers on the Constellation and there is more of a classic cruise experience. Inside, it appears to be darker and not as bright and airy. Crews are comparable.

We did the Eastern Med 12 night cruise on Connie last June. I love the A1 Aqua cabins on the M-class ship. Connie being the newest of the M_Class ships. Connie does not have all the bells and whistles. That being said. The Eastern Med cruise is more about the cities/towns. We picked Connie for what ports she was going too. We love Greece, Malta and Ephesus.

We were on Connie earlier this year.

We just didn't like her layout. We can put up with a bit of rust and, give them their due, everyday they were painting or washing down or smartening up the ship. The staff were all great.

We were on deck 11 and you can tell it was a late idea. Fine for getting to Blu but we did a lot of walking to get to the action. Why is Cellar Masters so cold?

Then of course Blu was rubbish so that played a part in our dislike.

We booked for Silhouette which we love but were so put off it will probably be our last Celebrity cruise. I keep saying that we have a cabin we love on her but not excited one bit which isn't normal for me!

The physical parts of the ships are similar. All S class ships are big, glitzy, and very nice. All M class ships are smaller, more intimate, and also very nice. Each class has its good and bad features. I enjoy both types of ships. I have been on most of the Celebrity ships. I still have a soft spot for the Horizon and Zenith. They were elegant. Now my favorite is the Summit. It is charming. Staff is superb. Food is very good with lots of variations not found on the other ships. I love their cakes. Cupcake day is yummy. I prefer the cabin layout on the M class ships. I like the separate closets and the drawer space. I also enjoy sailing on the S class ships. Just sailed on the Silhouette and had a great time. I usually pick the dates, destination, and length of cruise. Then I pick the ship. Just book and go and enjoy.

Redtravel........am going on Connie for quick Caribbean cruise in January 2016, looking forward to it.....curious about comment about " superior" food, including choices, on Summit....have been on Solstice and found food choices and quality very good...please elaborate.....

We did an eastern mediterranean cruise on Reflection in September. We loved it. beautiful ship. Aft concierge cabin - wonderful.

We loved it so much we want to book another cruise. However, we would like to go to Venice and Croatia this time.

The ship in this area is the Constellation.

So, my question is....how does the Constellation compare to Reflection?

We have read quite mixed reviews. Some say it is getting shabby?

Our best part of the cruise was sitting on deck at the back of the ship outside of the Ocean View cafe. We ate a few dinners there and always sat out there for breakfast or to drink a coffee. Much preferred to MDR

Does Constellation have a similar area?

We would really appreciate your views.

I took the constellation transatlantic...worst cruise of my life. I would NOT

recommend the ship...Maybe they are better now. Undertrained staff everywhere. Totally raw beef served as medium rare. RIGHT FROM THE FRIDGE!

Hi!

We are sailing on the Constellation for the fifth time on November 28.

Three of our cruises on the Connie were transatlantics, eastbound and westbound, and we loved them all.

There was always lots to do, plus those restful days at sea were delightful.

We always attended the lectures and learned so much.

Happy sailing,

Carol Ann and Richard

Then of course Blu was rubbish so that played a part in our dislike.

I'm amazed by this statement. 'Not to my taste' I could understand but 'rubbish' is unbelievable. We used Blu on the Connie this summer and loved it; good food and great service.

I don't think the T-Pool was mentioned, one of the great features of the Millennium class ships. It's an adults-only large pool with bubbling warm water - heavenly. It will be wonderful after you've been on a busy day ashore.

We were on Constellation last December and I was surprised at how well maintained it is. I actually preferred it to Eclipse.

I stand by my comment. The food in Blu was often inedible.

After the second time my breakfast egg was under cooked I stopped going in for breakfast. The coffee was horrible. I hate waste so instead of sending food back, I went to the buffet where I could choose instead of being presented with a plate which went back.

We read the menu each day and if nothing appealed, we ate elsewhere. We didn't go in just to be disappointed. Some times the food was delicious so why couldn't it be like that every day? The lamb shank was excellent. The Cornish hen died of old age, as did the duck. Dreadfull.

The staff were, indeed, charming.

When I left the table hungry I went to the buffet and blow me, others from Blu were there too so not just me.

No, prefer S class.

I'm amazed by this statement. 'Not to my taste' I could understand but 'rubbish' is unbelievable. We used Blu on the Connie this summer and loved it; good food and great service.

I wouldn't call it "rubbish", but we did not like Blu on Constellation last year. The food was OK, but I've had better in the MDR. The service was beyond horrible. While no one likes to feel rushed, it took 20 minutes between the time they removed the plates from one course until they brought the next. I mentioned it to the maitre d', but it never got better. We went to the specialty restaurants, which we usually don't do (I usually don't see the need), because we couldn't stand how long it took!

Breakfast for us, however, was good - loved the meusli.

Oh, and I forgot to respond to the OP!

We did both the Reflection and the Connie and much prefer the Reflection. The Connie felt much more crowded, even though there were fewer passengers. The flow through the Reflection was much nicer. And being the flagship, the service on the Reflection was top notch.

We're heading out on the Reflection in December again!

I wouldn't call it "rubbish", but we did not like Blu on Constellation last year. The food was OK, but I've had better in the MDR. The service was beyond horrible. While no one likes to feel rushed, it took 20 minutes between the time they removed the plates from one course until they brought the next. I mentioned it to the maitre d', but it never got better. We went to the specialty restaurants, which we usually don't do (I usually don't see the need), because we couldn't stand how long it took!

Breakfast for us, however, was good - loved the meusli.

Sorry to hear of your experience, but it's quite a contrast to ours - can only assume different staff because our service was wonderful, and we don't care to linger over a meal.

Food is subjective of course, and we were on the Connie for 18 nights this summer - B2B - only the first 7 nights were in Blu, the remainder in the MDR, so we definitely experienced both. I thought that the food was fine in both, but for ambiance and service, Blu wins hands down for me. The MDR is very cramped and noisy in parts, notably the middle section near the foot of the staircase. The noise gets less as you walk away from that area, and the tables have a little more room, so I guess part of it is where you are sitting.

Well we have booked Connie leaving Venice next May, so we will see for ourselves how she matches up to Reflection.

We did love Reflection but really wanted to do this itinery and this is the ship they use.

I'm sure we'll have a great time and we are not terribly fussy. We always remember that we are so lucky to be able to afford a lovely holiday. We have booked Concierge for the aft cabin location. On Reflection everyone said Concierge was not worth the money but we had an aft concierge class cabin and loved it. We ate in OVC rather than MDR several times just because we found it pleasant and easy. That's just us...others may find that awful but how great that we are all different.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to give their opinion. All opinions are appreciated and help us to come to a decision.

• 2 weeks later...

Our first Celebrity cruise was on the Connie a year and a half ago. While on the connie we booked the reflection and sailed in March.

My DH and I loved the Connie. Blu IMO was fabulous. JP was our waiter and we could not have had a better person in that position. The somelier was great too.

Blu on the reflection was large, busy and impersonal. The someliers were too busy to care what wine you needed.

We will be back on the Reflection in March and hope this cruise will be so much better than the last time.

We enjoyed AQ on Connie in January and thought BLU was excellent, and a lovely space

The smaller M class size to us would be an advantage in the ports. Yes, it remains dated in some places, but our AQ stateroom was great...and there were some nice cozy spaces on the ship.

We usually prefer S class, but Ref was our least fav of all due to # of passengers, some layout and design issues and the Miami DJ vibe...

I took the constellation transatlantic...worst cruise of my life. I would NOT

recommend the ship...Maybe they are better now. Undertrained staff everywhere. Totally raw beef served as medium rare. RIGHT FROM THE FRIDGE!

We are on the Constellation right now, and I have seldom seen a friendlier or better-trained crew on a ship. The Captain who went on leave as our cruise started, and the Captain onboard now, are both very well-regarded by passengers and crew alike. They both run an efficient, happy ship.

We are on the Constellation right now, and I have seldom seen a friendlier or better-trained crew on a ship. The Captain who went on leave as our cruise started, and the Captain onboard now, are both very well-regarded by passengers and crew alike. They both run an efficient, happy ship.

Do you know if JP is still a waiter on the Connie? We thought he was the best of the best in Blu

We enjoyed AQ on Connie in January and thought BLU was excellent, and a lovely space

The smaller M class size to us would be an advantage in the ports. Yes, it remains dated in some places, but our AQ stateroom was great...and there were some nice cozy spaces on the ship.

We usually prefer S class, but Ref was our least fav of all due to # of passengers, some layout and design issues and the Miami DJ vibe...

We booked the Constellation for March and wanted to book AQ, but it looked like all the AQ cabins were below public areas. We have had bad experiences in the past with noise from the upper deck. What deck was your AQ cabin and did you experience any noise?