Owning Stock

genealogygail

Are the stock owner credits combinable with ALL other OBC ( like military ) ? I know other cruise lines limit combining credits. How much does one get per day? We have two Princess 7 day cruises coming up and was thinking this might be a good investment if there were no strings.

Are the stock owner credits combinable with ALL other OBC ( like military ) ? I know other cruise lines limit combining credits. How much does one get per day? We have two Princess 7 day cruises coming up and was thinking this might be a good investment if there were no strings.

Princess allows you to combine OBC's no problem .

Share , Military , Sales Promo , Group amenity or TA gift , all combinable :)

Just in case no one has mentioned it the stock credit is non refundable but the military credit is. I would assume that any cash paid in advance or gifted by your travel agent would also be refundable. On my last cruise only my military credit was refundable meaning that I could have had a credit balance of up to $250 at the end. I just received a check for $65 3 weeks after the cruise. You can only get cash onboard if it is under $25.

Just in case no one has mentioned it the stock credit is non refundable but the military credit is. I would assume that any cash paid in advance or gifted by your travel agent would also be refundable. On my last cruise only my military credit was refundable meaning that I could have had a credit balance of up to $250 at the end. I just received a check for $65 3 weeks after the cruise. You can only get cash onboard if it is under $25.

TA is nonrefundable. Gift from anyone else is refundable.

Did they change the rules? I have gotten as much as $200 from Pax services for refundable.

Specialty restaurants, wine tastings, shore excursions, spa, etc, etc, etc. And my understanding is that gratuities are simply charged to on-board account and slowly bring down any credit balance.

Princess accounting automatically "spends" your non-refundable credits first and leaves the refundable to last, so if you don't spend it all, you do get a refund.

Has that ever happened?? LOL! I have never seen it myself....leftover OBC!!! Who woulda thunk? :eek: ;)

The other advantages are that it is a good stock. We purchased our lot when it was about $30 a share and look at it now. Still a good value. Pays a dividend and as my grandfather instructed me 60 years ago, "always invest in the companies whose products you use". He was right then and it's true today. Good to be a stakeholder.

I'm with you and Grandpa!! We bought ours for about $30 as well! We have used the OBC several times!

Very few TAs actually gift OBC on Princess.

When a TA makes a booking for you, the TA will get "amenity points" that can be used for gifts for the passengers. Examples are a bottle of wine and OBC.

So that $25/person OBC from the TA is really from Princess (via amenity points) and is thus not a refundable OBC.

Of course some TAs will make it sound as if it came from the generosity of the TA when it really did not.

If you cruise any at all on the 10 different cruise lines Carnival Corp owns, the stock is a great asset. We bought our stock when the price was around $20 per share so just its appreciation has been good plus the quarterly dividend and of course the nice OBC. We have managed to get money back one time on a cruise because usually we end up owing money. One great advantage that Princess offers is that they allow you to stack OBC such as shareholder, military, etc. Other cruise lines are not nearly so generous. Princess is the only cruise line that offers a military OBC to veterans.

Did they change the rules? I have gotten as much as $200 from Pax services for refundable.

The final bill now shows a breakdown of the refundable and non refundable credits. There is a note under it that balances under $25 will be paid in cash, others will get a check in 4-6 weeks. Mine came in 3.

BTW: Passenger services told me that the balance would go to my credit card which I knew could not be true.

Princess is the only cruise line that offers a military OBC to veterans.

Nope...we booked a Cunard cruise (which we ended up cancelling) and immediately got $250 veteran credit applied. Didn't have to ask for it, it transferred with our records from Princess.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

Nope...we booked a Cunard cruise (which we ended up cancelling) and immediately got $250 veteran credit applied. Didn't have to ask for it, it transferred with our records from Princess.

Cunard is owned by Carnival. It is possible that all Carnival Corp cruise lines offer the benefit.

Very few TAs actually gift OBC on Princess.

When a TA makes a booking for you, the TA will get "amenity points" that can be used for gifts for the passengers. Examples are a bottle of wine and OBC.

So that $25/person OBC from the TA is really from Princess (via amenity points) and is thus not a refundable OBC.

Of course some TAs will make it sound as if it came from the generosity of the TA when it really did not.

I know some that do. They use the RCCL/Celebrity model. Instead of discounting, they provide OBC. RCCL and Celebrity allow this (but not discounting) and just to make it more main stream as what they do with the other lines, they do this with Princess.

Cunard is owned by Carnival. It is possible that all Carnival Corp cruise lines offer the benefit.

Nope, not all. Holland-America only has OBC for active duty military. At least that's according to their website. AAlso, at lest when I checked, the Carnival line website indicates that some cruises offer a military rate but there is no mention of any OBC. Also, the following caveat appears on the Carnival.com site "Offer does not apply to Carnival Australia sailings." but this is immediately followed by another comment that says "Please request Military." so maybe it's available on an "if asked for" basis. FWIW.

Tom