Apple products on board???

fflashh

First timers on the Reflection November 28, 2015, and are wondering if it's true that Celebrity sells Apple products in their on board shops. We want to know if this is true, if the prices are good, comes with U.S. warranties, etc. I am looking to buy my first Mac computer. Is this an item we could purchase? Possibly with left over OBC? Thanks so much, fflashh:)

Consensus from prior threads is that yes, they do sell Apple products onboard. Prices are fixed, so not so much a bargain for US passengers, although you do avoid sales tax. However, it is counted as part of your duty allowance, so you might have to pay duty on it (depending on how much other stuff you buy on your trip). They do not always have the latest stock, and they do run out. Not all models. No iphones. EM

The only advantage in buying an Apple product on board a ship would be to save the duty and tax. With that said it would be difficult to get through customs with a desk top computer and trying to convince them that you brought the computer with you from home. There is no savings as the price is the same as it is on land. They do sell the apple care service contract and the product is still under warranty through apple. Honestly, I purchased my son's laptop on board and all I saved was the 8.75% sales tax. Hardly worth the trouble. My son informed me after the fact that he could have got a 10% student discount at the apple store.

In April 2015 I purchased an iPad mini onboard. We had extra OBC, so it was a good time to buy it. The staff took about 30 minutes to set it up for me. Also, I was given about one hour of Internet to get my apps, etc. set up. They also offered good classes onboard about using the Apple products.

It's a win- win situation if you are a UK resident. I bought a 128gb iPad mini, fantastic exchange rate at the time made the difference between the 64gb, which I was thinking of getting. The U.K. Customs allowance is £390, so just be aware if you go over this you will pay VAT at 20%.

There were laptops available at approx $1000, but at the time I wasn't interested. U.K. Price in the shops is £1000, so still a huge saving.

Edited by upwarduk

First timers on the Reflection November 28, 2015, and are wondering if it's true that Celebrity sells Apple products in their on board shops. We want to know if this is true, if the prices are good, comes with U.S. warranties, etc. I am looking to buy my first Mac computer. Is this an item we could purchase? Possibly with left over OBC? Thanks so much, fflashh:)

Celebrity is the first and only Apple reseller at sea, allowing our guests to purchase Apple products on board duty-free.

Products Available for Sale in Celebrity iLounge:

• MacBooks®
  • MacBook
  • MacBook Pro
  • iPods®
  • iPod Touch
  • iPod Nano
  • iPod Shuffle
  • Accessories
  • Tuffshield
  • Tuffwrap
  • SportsWrap
  • Microshield Adapters
  • Earphones
  • Laptop Sleeves
  • Flash Drives

Celebrity is the first and only Apple reseller at sea, allowing our guests to purchase Apple products on board duty-free.

• MacBooks®
  • MacBook
  • MacBook Pro
  • iPods®
  • iPod Touch
  • iPod Nano
  • iPod Shuffle
  • Accessories
  • Tuffshield
  • Tuffwrap
  • SportsWrap
  • Microshield Adapters
  • Earphones
  • Laptop Sleeves
  • Flash Drives

I've now bought four iTouch/iPad Minis/ iPad onboard and love the ease and expertise provided.

I've always been given extra minutes with my purchase to help set-up.

Does Celebrity still do this?

I've now bought four iTouch/iPad Minis/ iPad onboard and love the ease and expertise provided.

I've always been given extra minutes with my purchase to help set-up.

Does Celebrity still do this?

I wasn't given extra minutes when I bought my iPad mini in July and I did ask.

Edited by upwarduk

I wasn't given extra minutes when I bought my iPad mini in July and I did ask.

iPad Air bought on the Summit this past May I got (I think) 100 minutes. I actually didn't use them as we had so many free minutes already. It was a code to enter to get the minutes.

So I'm not sure what the fleet policy is then... maybe ship by ship?

WAIT! I always buy my Apple toys the first day... as I recall there's often a promotion that tosses in free stuff for early buyers.... just guessing from memory here... we do a fair amount of cruises and it does blur a bit....

Edited by A Sixth?

•  
  • MacBooks[emoji768]

• MacBook

• MacBook Pro

• iPods[emoji768]

• iPod Touch

• iPod Nano

• iPod Shuffle

• Accessories

• Tuffshield

• Tuffwrap

• SportsWrap

• Microshield Adapters

• Earphones

• Laptop Sleeves

• Flash Drives

Surely the omission of iPads must be a mistake?

Inventory can be a problem. I went the first day and was told that they had been low on inventory. Don't get your heart set on a particular item but if they have it, they do an outstanding job making you feel comfortable with the purchase.

Surely the omission of iPads must be a mistake?

I didn't notice that... I think it's an ommision.... I'm almost 100% sure that there were iPads on the Reflection this June and I actually bought an iPad Air max'd out this past May on the Summit

Edited by A Sixth?

I didn't notice that... I think it's an ommision.... I'm almost 100% sure that there were iPads on the Reflection this June and I actually bought an iPad Air max'd out this past May on the Summit

I bought my iPad mini on the first day, they had 3 of each colour in 64 & 128 gb, so I had a choice.

My order was secured, but I had to return to collect my purchase once we were out of the 3 mile 'exclusion zone' for purchases when in port ( actually I purchased just after sail away)

There was a different person in the iLounge when I returned and I asked him about the free minutes as well( so I was told NO by 2 people)

Edited by upwarduk

Thanks all for your help and info. It doesn't look like I'll be able to get a deal on a full size desktop Apple computer onboard the Reflection. We understand that shipping would be involved but it doesn't look like an IMac desktop is sold onboard. If anyone knows different, please let us know. Thanks so much, fflashh

The big deals are for Brits and I'm guessing other Europeans where there are big discounts to be had. If I were American I would not bother given what's available on most people's doorstep.

As an American the only reason to bother would be if you have on board credit that you want to spend. Celebrity seems to be giving a lot of that away for those who live in the U.S. I may use mine on an iPad if I can't find another way to spend it. My wife is due for a new one. I would be saving $300 by using OBC.

Thanks all for your help and info. It doesn't look like I'll be able to get a deal on a full size desktop Apple computer onboard the Reflection. We understand that shipping would be involved but it doesn't look like an IMac desktop is sold onboard. If anyone knows different, please let us know. Thanks so much, fflashh

The don't sell desktops onboard. No iMacs.

• MacBooks®
  • MacBook
  • MacBook Pro
  • iPods®
  • iPod Touch
  • iPod Nano
  • iPod Shuffle
  • Accessories
  • Tuffshield
  • Tuffwrap
  • SportsWrap
  • Microshield Adapters
  • Earphones
  • Laptop Sleeves
  • Flash Drives

We apologize for the prior post as it was outdated inventory. Please see the current products available for sale in Celebrity iLounge.

• MacBook
  • MacBook Air
  • MacBook Pro
  • iPad Mini
  • iPad Air
  • Apple Accessories
  • Belkin iPad Cases
  • Belkin Cables
  • Beats by Dr. Dre Speakers
  • Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones
  • JBL Speakers
  • JBL Headphones

We apologize for the prior post as it was outdated inventory. Please see the current products available for sale in Celebrity iLounge.

• MacBook
  • MacBook Air
  • MacBook Pro
  • iPad Mini
  • iPad Air
  • Apple Accessories
  • Belkin iPad Cases
  • Belkin Cables
  • Beats by Dr. Dre Speakers
  • Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones
  • JBL Speakers
  • JBL Headphones