Apple products on board???

fflashh

Thanks to everyone who has responded.

Yes I've seen the general product listing (#20, etc) in former posts. However, I'm asking re: our upcoming Feb '17 trip on Millennium and specifically about the MacBook Pro with touch pad & 512 GB capacity.

Yes or No are the ships carrying the latest MacBooks with touchpad & 512 GB? What is the price being quoted?

We live in Canada & we'll have to calculate exchange on the conversion to the "US prices" on board to determine if it is a worthwhile purchase. So we'd like to know the onboard US price for MacBook.

Thanks

Catherine

Thanks to everyone who has responded.

Yes I've seen the general product listing (#20, etc) in former posts. However, I'm asking re: our upcoming Feb '17 trip on Millennium and specifically about the MacBook Pro with touch pad & 512 GB capacity.

Yes or No are the ships carrying the latest MacBooks with touchpad & 512 GB? What is the price being quoted?

We live in Canada & we'll have to calculate exchange on the conversion to the "US prices" on board to determine if it is a worthwhile purchase. So we'd like to know the onboard US price for MacBook.

Thanks

Catherine

They didn't have them last week at the beginning of December. They said they were expecting them soon. So none can answer about February 2017. Prices will be the same as the US dollar price in the US Apple Store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

I wanted to buy a macbook on board. This was before they gave away OBC. They didn't have them in stock when we were at sea but they managed to get it for me when we called on Bermuda. I think the OBC has a lot to do with the stock issue. If you have all four perks there really isn't much to spend your OBC on. Passenger figure that $300 is a large savings on apple products that don't get marked down by apple until a new and better product comes out and even then there isn't much savings.

My point exactly.

• 3 months later...

We were on Millennium in Feb 17. No phones or current iPads. Very disappointed with the selection available on board. Had wanted to purchased iPad pro or newest MacBook Air. Brought home nothing.

As we were in SE Asia we also went to the excellent Apple store on our Hong Kong port day. Note - be sure of the warranties on apple products purchased in foreign places.

We were on Millennium in Feb 17. No phones or current iPads. Very disappointed with the selection available on board. Had wanted to purchased iPad pro or newest MacBook Air. Brought home nothing.

As we were in SE Asia we also went to the excellent Apple store on our Hong Kong port day. Note - be sure of the warranties on apple products purchased in foreign places.

They never sell iPhones. Only WiFi only iPads.

Apple warranties are international. Has to be purchased at an Apple Store or an Apple authorized reseller. The store onboard is not an Apple Store. They are Apple authorized resellers.

I'm writing this post on an iPad Pro that I purchased with OBC on Summit October of 2016. Bought it the first night on board. Great use of OBC i think.

Ditto, except mine is an iPad mini, purchased on Eclipse 2015.

Be aware of customs restriction, for U.K. It's £390. However because they are tax free on board and because we had an excellent exchange rate in 2015 I was able to buy a large gb ( I store lots of photos)

Discussed over and over. No phones and other products received only every couple months.Never the newest stuff. Limited selection. No value to USA resident. Overseas residents from high tax probably good.

Discussed over and over. No phones and other products received only every couple months.Never the newest stuff. Limited selection. No value to USA resident. Overseas residents from high tax probably good.

No value?

To anyone with a decent amount of OBC it's of great value. Spend it on a cheap watch or a shore X that you'd rather book independently or get a free/discounted brand new iPad or some such nice toy.

I found it of great value last June. Had $150 onboard credit left and used $149 for an Apple TV which I use every day. My friend used it toward an iPad Mini. Last December I had about $50 OBC left so I bought a Lightning cable, can always use a spare and a USB-A to USB-C adapter.

The only time they don't have the newest stuff is usually a month or two after a new product is released.

I found it of great value last June. Had $150 onboard credit left and used $149 for an Apple TV which I use every day. My friend used it toward an iPad Mini. Last December I had about $50 OBC left so I bought a Lightning cable, can always use a spare and a USB-A to USB-C adapter.

The only time they don't have the newest stuff is usually a month or two after a new product is released.

This past January I had so much OBC I bought an iPad Pro 128 outright with a bit left over on the Equinox.

It was that same as the price on apple.com at the store, $ 699.00.

The price was $699 US. As Canadians we might save on the tax but we have to take into account the exchange rate. If, you have some OBC that would help.