Apple products on board???

fflashh

Not considering a possible use of available OBC, are the Apple prices a deal? Fflashh:mad::)

Prices are the same but no taxes. So that is a savings. Sometimes though you can find deals at Best Buy which would bring the prices lower than your total cost buying onboard. I buy Apple products onboard when I have a lot of OBC left. Passengers from overseas are likely getting a deal because of the tax savings. YMMV.

Edited by Charles4515

Prices are the same but no taxes. So that is a savings. Sometimes though you can find deals at Best Buy which would bring the prices lower than your total cost buying onboard. I buy Apple products onboard when I have a lot of OBC left. Passengers from overseas are likely getting a deal because of the tax savings. YMMV.

The OBC makes them a good deal for me. Don't need a watch or another ship trip to a water fall... plus here in Quebec we pay over 15% in sales tax. :eek:

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

We are on Millennium in Feb '17. Planning purchase of MacBook Pro 15 " with touchpad & 512 GB. Can anyone confirm if these sizes/ storage are available onboard. Can anyone post onboard prices.

Also - is the Apple store onboard now selling iPhones?

Thanks

Catherine

Check posts# 20 & 22 for full list of stock available.

This can vary due to sales.

They never used to sell iPhones, due to many varied 'cell/ mobile carriers.'

I.e. I live in U.K., so wouldn't be able to connect to a US provider for use.

Edited by upwarduk

Eclipse had a very limited selection of stuff for sale, even by Apple standards, this summer. The sales assistant on board was totally disinterested in selling anything and wouldn't help us look up an exchange rate (he was busy doing his own browsing) to see the saving. Such was his total lack of interest in us we decided against buying on board. The only IPads they had on board were the iPad pros IIRC. No cellular models were available.

Edited by DYKWIA

Just got off the eclipse and the only iPad they had was 32 gig, which was of no interest to me. I can't even confirm the model.

You never know what will be in stock or not. Price is regular USA price. Only saving for us is sales tax. Models available are never newest releases.

You never know what will be in stock or not. Price is regular USA price. Only saving for us is sales tax. Models available are never newest releases.

I was on Reflection last week and they didn't have the new models of MacBook Pro yet but they were expecting a large shipment before the end of December.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just got off the Summit. I went to purchase an Ipad on the first night to use my OBC. I was told they didn't have any in stock. They should get some at the first port. I left my name and room number and asked to be notified when they came in.

If you don't use your OBC you lose it right?

So at 7:30 pm on the last night of the cruise I get a phone call telling me I can come down and purchase an IPad.

Can I call BS? What did we get a helicopter delivery?

I just got off the Summit. I went to purchase an Ipad on the first night to use my OBC. I was told they didn't have any in stock. They should get some at the first port. I left my name and room number and asked to be notified when they came in.

If you don't use your OBC you lose it right?

So at 7:30 pm on the last night of the cruise I get a phone call telling me I can come down and purchase an IPad.

Can I call BS? What did we get a helicopter delivery?

Not sure which itinerary you just finished, but if there was another Celebrity ship in port with you on one of your stops, it's possible they acquired the IPad that way.

We were on Silhouette in March 2015 and we were looking for a 128G iPad Air 2. There were none on board, but we had another Celebrity ship in port with us in St Maarten. After confirming availability, the staff from the iLounge walked over to the other Celebrity ship to take delivery of the iPad. We were not able to make the actual purchase until we were out at sea.

Perhaps that happened in your case?

12/3-12/10. I am more cynical. I think the goal/plan was to wait until OBC IS USED, then have me buy the IPAD.

No other Celebrity ships in port.

Oh sorry...should have seen the itinerary in your countdown clock.

I can tell you that there were a number of fellow cruisers on our last itinerary in November of this year who would have been absolutely thrilled if they received a call such as yours. We tried everything we knew of to see about getting, even the display unit, for a friend of ours who had simply waited too long to make up their mind to buy. There were just no units left....period. With OBC sometimes being offered as if it was candy, many more cruisers are opting to use it for Apple products.

Referring to your question about OBC, you "use it or lose it" if it is non refundable such as a perk offered by Celebrity. If it is refundable, such as that given by a TA, then you do not lose that at the end of the cruise.

You have a right to be cynical, but I sincerely doubt that was Celebrity's game plan. By the way, when you say you got a call on the last night to come and purchase an iPad, did you actually buy one and, if so, did you have any OBC to use against the purchase?

12/3-12/10. I am more cynical. I think the goal/plan was to wait until OBC IS USED, then have me buy the IPAD.

No other Celebrity ships in port.

I wanted to buy a macbook on board. This was before they gave away OBC. They didn't have them in stock when we were at sea but they managed to get it for me when we called on Bermuda. I think the OBC has a lot to do with the stock issue. If you have all four perks there really isn't much to spend your OBC on. Passenger figure that $300 is a large savings on apple products that don't get marked down by apple until a new and better product comes out and even then there isn't much savings.

Edited by Iamcruzin