Carry-on for Wine

luvscruising2007

This may seem an odd question but here goes.

What do you use to take your 2 bottles of wine on-board? We used a small wheel suitcase and wrapped the bottles in towels. Pain in the neck when going through security. (That was a Carnival cruise.) We have used a shoulder bag but that isn't hands free.

I am looking at a rolling duffel, about 22".

What do you use?

Some will suggest you carry a change of clothes and a bathing suit just in case your bags are misrouted in your carry on. We put our two bottles in a small backpack along with our passports, cash, medicines, and phones. We wrap the bottles in a change of clothes. You can wear the backpack so it is hands-free. It also becomes a handy bag to carry home all the t-shirts you'll buy.

We've done this on every cruise we taken and it works quite well.

I have neoprene sleeves with sturdy handles that each hold a bottle of wine. Much safer than wrapping in clothes. I've put them in my wheeled carryon or just carried them on

Thanks, all, for your ideas. I think I might try to combine a couple of them. I had thought of bubblewrap so I think that might be a keeper. My goal is ease of carrying aboard and low risk of breakage.

Thanks, again.

We packed a swim bag with our suits & sunscreen, and put the bubblewrapped bottles in there.

This may seem an odd question but here goes.

What do you use to take your 2 bottles of wine on-board? We used a small wheel suitcase and wrapped the bottles in towels. Pain in the neck when going through security. (That was a Carnival cruise.) We have used a shoulder bag but that isn't hands free.

I am looking at a rolling duffel, about 22".

What do you use?

This is perfect. I can also get 3 16 oz Cokes and 2 Red bulls in it as well:D

1446614417203.jpg.a60dd555ebb34c8cd6898a5e8b61272a.jpg

1446614440735.jpg.447a971bc658b500d1bd8b4f9f2af882.jpg

I put them in a tote bag that I hand carry onboard, but first place them bubblewrap wine bottle-shaped holders that I found at a Walgreens liquor store. They are inexpensive (around $2 each) and can be considered reuseable. For re-use I seal the bottom closed with package sealing tape.

I always carry wine aboard in my cabin case, never had a breakage problem.

But not in checked luggage - baggage handlers aren't known for their gentle touch. ;)

Did once take a case of a dozen bottles aboard a Princess cruise - cost per bottle in Aus plus $15 corkage was lower than Princess' cheapest and better quality. That was a pain to carry, but Princess relieved me of it at terminal security.

Do as rucruising says, which is to take a corkscrew. :)

But don't do as I do, which is pack it in hand-luggage if flying to / from the port. To date I've lost two at airport security. :o

Bottoms-up

JB :)

Royal Caribbean does not allow Wine Spritzers and the 2 wine bottles allowed must be brought on board in your carry-on.

My original question was just about what to use to carry the bottle on board.

Here is my plan right now, a rolling duffle with bubble wrap around each bottle and wine carriers if I find something I really like that is not too expensive.

I have time to shop around but I think we will be okay with this plan.

Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions.

DON'T FORGET:

NCL is the only cruise line that does not let you bring on a bottle per person without an extra corkage fee.

But they also don't limit you to one per person, you can bring on as much as you want, just pay the corkage fee.

Still that's not bad if you're drinking expensive wine like we often are .

And royal will let you bring a spritzer, it's just your 2 bottles of wine and your soda water or sprite that you add to it. All can be brought on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk