Tuscan Grilli price increase

mick70

Unfortunately all of their specialty restaurants are priced way to high at current prices. We spent $100 for 2 at Tuscan counting tip on our recent Reflection cruise and it was so not worth it. I know on our next non-X cruise the specialties are $10, $20 and $29 and as good or better than X.

We enjoyed Tuscan two years ago when it was $25, don't think it is worth $45. The price hike may drive people back to the MDR.

I guess they balance the number of customers alongside profit per customers. Half the price and I'm guessing they double the number of customers but make little extra profit given most people seem to have drinks packages these days. Two thirds full and they make more profit at the higher price. We leave in a week and at say $25 we would probably have booked all three restaurants. At $45/50 we may try one or not bother at all. For me given you should add in maybe $20 already paid in the cost of the cruise the prices are now well over the top, but it's persona choice.

Just returned from Med cruise . The 1st day on the ship they offered the specialty restaurants at a discounted $30pp. Later in the cruise we paid $45 for the 2 of us. Tuscan Grill was great but Ocean Liners was disappointing. We've dined in both many times on prior cruises & Ocean Liners has seemed to decline.

Did they offer 50% / BOGO deal later in cruise (or was the $45 the pp regular price?)

Really? Tell that to all those who make strong accusations against those who do not tip.

Pretty sure those rants are directed at those who remove the daily tips. If something says the tip is included in the price, then there is no need to tip additional money.

I would guess the addition of Luminae is cutting into restaurant revenue so those who choose specialty dining are now making up the difference. I know I plan to only eat once in a specialty restaurant on my next trip, and that's only because it's included in my sky suite fare, so I won't be paying extra for it. I presume the restaurant gets credit for that in some fashion but I'm guessing it will not be the listed cover price.

Did they offer 50% / BOGO deal later in cruise (or was the $45 the pp regular price?)

The regular price is now $50pp for the specialty restaurants if you book before the cruise. On the first day we were offered $30pp. Later in the trip we were offered 2 for $45, which is more than 50% off.

Edited by dabear

The regular price is now $50pp for the specialty restaurants if you book before the cruise. On the first day we were offered $30pp. Later in the trip we were offered 2 for $45, which is more than 50% off.

Each specialty is priced different.

• Tuscan is $45
  • Murano/Normandie etc. $50
  • Qsine $45
  • Silk Harvest $35
  • Lawn Club Grill $40

Cruise Planner.pdf

Each specialty is priced different.

• Tuscan is $45
  • Murano/Normandie etc. $50
  • Qsine $45
  • Silk Harvest $35
  • Lawn Club Grill $40

On the Connie for our 10/23/15 cruise the regular price for both Ocean Liners and Tuscan were $50pp .

Cle-Guy: I don't doubt your attachment from X, but I have frequently noted that there are differences from X published info sometimes directly on the ships. For example, I recently had a classic drink package and was given premium listed Kettle One vodka and premium listed wines without upcharges. Good luck!

BTW, we were disappointed with our meal in OceanLiners but had a great meal in Tuscan. We've eaten in both restaurants many times with favorable results.

Edited by dabear

Any possibility of ordering the antipasti board "to go" one day for ones caban? Perhaps through our butler????:)

Specialty restaurants don't do any sort of room service, not even to suites, not even Luminae.

We haven't been on Celebrity since 2005. We are going on the Solstice next year. I hear a lot of people say that the specialty restaurants have declined.

We have fond memories of the United States and Ocean Liners on our two previous sailings.

What is different about them now that causes people to say they have declined?

The new menu is only on the Infinity.

Replaced the SS United States.

Only been open for a week now all in the Caribbean.

Does anyone know if the new Tuscan menu will be rolled out on other ships? If so, when?

Esp interested in Equinox/January 2016.

Thanks....

Tuscan has always been my least favorite of all the specialties on X. Moreno or Normandy and the rest of that line of restaurant have been my favorite. However in the past few years the quality of these has deteriorated also. I'm done with specialty restaurants on X. As far as I am concerned its an experiment that has failed.

W4e are just off the Infinity and had dinner in Tuscan, It was $40 pp. However it was the best dinner of our lives. Food was fabulous as well as the service. We would definitely go again.

Oh my....best dinner of your lives? Hopefully you are exaggerating....

Tuscan has always been my least favorite of all the specialties on X. Moreno or Normandy and the rest of that line of restaurant have been my favorite. However in the past few years the quality of these has deteriorated also. I'm done with specialty restaurants on X. As far as I am concerned its an experiment that has failed.

We won't ever pay to go to Tuscan or the other speciality restaurants on the ship. The food is not worth the extra cost.

Oh my....best dinner of your lives? Hopefully you are exaggerating....

That's a pretty snotty thing to say. You didn't have the dinner so you don't know how good or bad it was.

Like with any restaurant, specific dishes can be hit or miss, though I've always been pleased with what I've had. The service is generally very good, though I've had equally fine service in the MDR. What I have learned is to wait until you're onboard to have the best chance of not paying the top price since discounts are generally available.

We won't ever pay to go to Tuscan or the other speciality restaurants on the ship. The food is not worth the extra cost.

Personally, if you can get a 241 then it is worth it. We always try the Tuscan Grill and Mareno. However, we would not, repeat, NOT pay $45 or $50/person. Totally over priced!!!!

Edited by Oxo