Upsell Offer

LoveThisCruisingThing

I keep reading about these and thought it could be a good deal. Well lo and behold, I got one yesterday. Move from obstructed view to a balcony for $138 (single fare otherwise $69/pp). No hesitation on my part. I was happy with my original cabin but happier now! These balconies are spoiling me.

:)

It can work both ways, from an unobstructed view to a larger room with a bad view. For me princess wow me. They sold me a room that was to have been shaded, but turned out to be full sun. After calling them with the issue, nothing seem to have changed. When we printed and reviewed our boarding pass, our room changed from a balcony to a full suite. Sadly this was my wife's last trip, as she succumb to cancer. I still wonder if the agent who did the upgrade knew how much it meant to the both of us.

I keep reading about these and thought it could be a good deal. Well lo and behold, I got one yesterday. Move from obstructed view to a balcony for $138 (single fare otherwise $69/pp). No hesitation on my part. I was happy with my original cabin but happier now! These balconies are spoiling me.

Congrats on your upsell. To put the "deal" in perspective, what is the length of your cruise?

Sounds great, congrats but as others say check out the location especially for noise from theatre, bars etc.

Whatever happened to the days of free upgrades lol

Have a great time and enjoy the view

I think they might still exist. We were upgraded from an inside to an outside very last second on our last holiday cruise. I was very happy for the change. It hasn't happened before though. I would love an offer for an upsell, but have not gotten one. How close to sail date do they normally happen?

It can work both ways, from an unobstructed view to a larger room with a bad view. For me princess wow me. They sold me a room that was to have been shaded, but turned out to be full sun. After calling them with the issue, nothing seem to have changed. When we printed and reviewed our boarding pass, our room changed from a balcony to a full suite. Sadly this was my wife's last trip, as she succumb to cancer. I still wonder if the agent who did the upgrade knew how much it meant to the both of us.

So sorry for your loss

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Look at the deck plan to see what is available and when Princess calls back be ready to request a specific cabin or area.

Just this morning I checked what was still available in a balcony for my upcoming cruise and their were none (only deluxe balconies). Then this afternoon I got an upsell offer email to move from an inside to a balcony. I guess I will have to wait for the call back to see what is actually available. I can't imagine that they will offer a deluxe balcony.

Just this morning I checked what was still available in a balcony for my upcoming cruise and their were none (only deluxe balconies). Then this afternoon I got an upsell offer email to move from an inside to a balcony. I guess I will have to wait for the call back to see what is actually available. I can't imagine that they will offer a deluxe balcony.

Last year for my Regal Princess cruise I had an upsell from an inside to a balcony and they were happy to allow me to choose a deluxe balcony. This year I was offered an upsell from an obstructed OV to a balcony on my upcoming Emerald sailing and they allowed me to choose a premium deluxe balcony. Considering my previous upsell experiences, I would expect them to give you a deluxe balcony if they still have them available. Who knows though, it might depend who you are dealing with...

I know everyone loves the idea of "upsells" but it's not always a great deal.

There are usually many sales over the year that bring the price of an balcony darn near the price of an oceanview. You have to keep up on them really.

Here's an example: 2/7/2015 CB from Houston right now on Princess website the oceanviews are $599 and balconies are $623.

Last year for my Regal Princess cruise I had an upsell from an inside to a balcony and they were happy to allow me to choose a deluxe balcony. This year I was offered an upsell from an obstructed OV to a balcony on my upcoming Emerald sailing and they allowed me to choose a premium deluxe balcony. Considering my previous upsell experiences, I would expect them to give you a deluxe balcony if they still have them available. Who knows though, it might depend who you are dealing with...

Good to know, thanks!

You were correct. For $149 per person I now have a mid-aft deluxe balcony room on the Caribe deck instead of an inside room for my upcoming cruise on the Royal. So excited!