Drink Vouchers and Lounge

hazeleyez3

A few questions:

• Do you get three vouchers per night or per cruise?
  • As I understand, you can use the vouchers in any lounge, but do they have to use them during a specific time?
  • Have they eliminated drinks being served in the lounge?

Diamond and above vouchers are loaded on your seapass card, three drinks per night, only during Diamond and above lounge hours and supposed to be only for the same drinks served in the lounge -but in our experience that is rarely enforced. They cannot be used in theater or dining room, otherwise every other bar/lounge is fair game. Yes, the Diamond and above lounge is still operated on every ship that has one (for those with purpose built lounges. The others is in whatever designated lounge for that sailing.). Yes, lounge still service appetizers, has service and drinks, etc.

Edited by reedprincess

A few questions:

• Do you get three vouchers per night or per cruise?
  • As I understand, you can use the vouchers in any lounge, but do they have to use them during a specific time?
  • Have they eliminated drinks being served in the lounge?

• Do you get three vouchers per night or per cruise? Per Night
  • As I understand, you can use the vouchers in any lounge, but do they have to use them during a specific time? Yes during the hours of either 4:30-8:00 or 5:00-8:30
  • Have they eliminated drinks being served in the lounge? No, the vouchers are in addition to what you can get during the same hours in the lounge.

Do Diamonds get 3 drink vouchers per night on cruises with no Diamond Lounge? (Majesty)

Diamond and above get three drink vouchers to use during the lounge hours, regardless of if there is a dedicated purpose-built lounge or not, on every single RCI ship. For use e ry night, during what would be lounge hours.

Diamond and above get three drink vouchers to use during the lounge hours, regardless of if there is a dedicated purpose-built lounge or not, on every single RCI ship. For use e ry night, during what would be lounge hours.

Do suite guests get 3 drink vouchers to use during the lounge hours on Ships with not CL? (Majesty)

...and we've been denied at the Champagne Bar on Independence. Go figure...

Was it only once instance or a particular bartender? This seems odd. I know I've used mine primarily in the Champagne Bar on Explorer and Oasis (now R Bar.)

I'm always rushing out of the theater after the show to get a couple of drinks to take into dinner before the cut off deadline. How strict are they on those cut off times?

Can't say I've ever tried to use a voucher after the published time but I would imagine it is very strict since it is on the computer. When they swipe your card for the drink, if it is passed the scheduled time for the voucher, I would expect it to just charge the normal price. Now, whether or not the bartender might provide the drink without swiping your sea pass card, that I couldn't say.

Was it only once instance or a particular bartender? This seems odd. I know I've used mine primarily in the Champagne Bar on Explorer and Oasis (now R Bar.)

It was actually in the C&A letter you receive in your cabin. I think I remember someone on the ship another week also posting it. We theorized that the proximity to the dining room probably overwhelmed the bartenders but that's just a theory. It was back in January so things may have changed since.

It was actually in the C&A letter you receive in your cabin. I think I remember someone on the ship another week also posting it. We theorized that the proximity to the dining room probably overwhelmed the bartenders but that's just a theory. It was back in January so things may have changed since.

That is odd. It's right in the middle of my experiences on Explorer (October 2014) and Oasis (September 2015.)

Maybe it was just Independence because I don't recall reading about that occurrence on any other ship, but maybe I missed it.

I think it was Boleros on Explorer that seemed overwhelmed right before dinner due to it's proximity, probably getting people from 3 and 4 because there is no On Air Bar on that class.

I would think there would be a good balance on Freedom class between On Air, Boleros and Champagne Bar, but I guess that wasn't the case.

That is odd. It's right in the middle of my experiences on Explorer (October 2014) and Oasis (September 2015.)

Here's the post from CRUISEBOY305:

looking through my paper work from Independence and it DOES say Champagne Bar is excluded from the Diamond vouchers. Curious as to why . I missed it completely because I wasn't expecting it.

f21815f5-a639-4ebb-b7ff-0a585418aace_zpsmzzyhqsu.jpg

Can underage diamonds still take advantage of this? Perhaps sodas or mocktails?

no. they do not get the same coupons as adults do and do not receive vouchers at all. and many D Lounges do not permit them at all during cocktail hour( Concierge and suite lounges do allow kids so they could get sodas and virgin drinks if they had access to these areas)

Can underage diamonds still take advantage of this? Perhaps sodas or mocktails?

Depends on the ship. My Daughter who is a Diamond member in her own right. Not only was told she was allowed in during the cocktail hour she also got 3 vouchers on her seapass on the Rhapsody last year. She was 16 at the time and she never went in to the lounge in the evening only during the day. But she did use the vouchers to get a can of soft drink.

She will be nearly 18 when we go on the Voyager and it will be interesting if she is told she is allowed in there during the cocktail hour.

Edited by Jasp 0401