Pecking order in suites

mafig

Just read a recent Reflection review where the poster who was in a Signature Suite was complaining about how crowded Luminae was because all the Sky Suites were there making full use of their perks. The poster said everyone in Michael's Club was talking about this.

Is there really such a pecking order? We've never been higher than Conceirge, so if we spring for a suite someday we'll have to make sure it's not a Sky.LOL

Edited by mafig

Most of the customers in Luminae are sky suite, so...and really the SS do pay for it, the rates are much higher than a year ago.

It sounds silly to me. If there is not enough room for the customers who pay for it, that is X's issue not SS guests.

Just read a recent Reflection review where the poster who was in a Signature Suite was complaining about how crowded Luminae was because all the Sky Suites were there making full use of their perks. The poster said everyone in Michael's Club was talking about this.

Is there really such a pecking order? We've never been higher than Conceirge, so if we spring for a suite someday we'll have to make sure it's not a Sky.LOL

Isn't it wonderful! :)

For many the best way to feel good about themselves is to look down on someone else :)

We always sail a suite. Have sailed Sky suites when that was the only suite they offered except one President suite. Have sailed in a Celebrity Suite and have sailed the rest in Royal Suite's. We have not found a difference in treatment because of the cabin we were in, ever! Except of coarse Michael's Club, but then again that is where you go to for exceptional treatment ;)

There is no real "pecking order", but there are benefits (most written, some not) some suites get, that others don't. Because of this, some my feel more "entitled".

If one were to order suites, based on price or benefits, it would go like this:

Reflection Suite (Reflection only)

Penthouse

Royal Suite

Signature Suite (Reflection only)

Celebrity Suite

Sky Suite (S1/S2)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I read that review too and I don't think the writer was complaining that those lowly Sky Suite people shouldn't be allowed in Luminae or anything like that...I read it as "Celebrity has a problem because Luminae is too small for all the suites they have on the Reflection." With the inference being that it was due to the Reflection having lots of Sky Suites.

I could be wrong! Maybe I'm just tone-deaf to subtle insults.

I read that review too and I don't think the writer was complaining that those lowly Sky Suite people shouldn't be allowed in Luminae or anything like that...I read it as "Celebrity has a problem because Luminae is too small for all the suites they have on the Reflection." With the inference being that it was due to the Reflection having lots of Sky Suites.

I could be wrong! Maybe I'm just tone-deaf to subtle insults.

You're such a bottomfeeder!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

How dare we expect to eat three times a day! We lowly passengers in S1/S2 assigned to the Luminae dining room surely have committed a faux pas. Some of us probably even have the nerve to use those Bulgari toiletries in our wee suites.

Just off the Reflection TA and Luminae was at best 40-50% full at breakfast, a bit more at lunch. At dinner there were always tables available and we showed up between 7:30. - 8:30. Never had to wait to be seated. Saw no evidence of overcrowding and the ship was full. In spite of not being crowded service was slow.

well for mainline perks.....luminae and michael's club...all suites will have equal access so, unless the bigger space and stuff like the premium drink package are really important a sky suite might be fine

Now that insult I did notice! Luckily I am happy to admit I'm cheap--I mean, we all have our personality flaws and at least this one saves me money. :D

Hey, I just noticed, you're a Mainah! We're in the western mountains, though I travel a lot (work), spend a ton of time in Portland and a week a month or so in FL, on the Sun Coast (Cape Haze area), when we're not cruising, of course.

Can't wait to get back to FL, only a couple of weeks away!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

(sorry for the off topic ramble)

We always sail a suite. Have sailed Sky suites when that was the only suite they offered except one President suite. Have sailed in a Celebrity Suite and have sailed the rest in Royal Suite's. We have not found a difference in treatment because of the cabin we were in, ever! Except of coarse Michael's Club, but then again that is where you go to for exceptional treatment ;)

Not any more!

Just off the Reflection TA and Luminae was at best 40-50% full at breakfast, a bit more at lunch. At dinner there were always tables available and we showed up between 7:30. - 8:30. Never had to wait to be seated. Saw no evidence of overcrowding and the ship was full. In spite of not being crowded service was slow.

Hi, Jelayne,

slightly off topic....but weren't you just returning from an inaugural ''river/oceancruise package'' that Celebrity was testing this year ? I'd be interested in reading your comments, remarks and other findings on how this '' package ''worked out in the end.

I seem to remember the Reflection's TA was one of two cruises Celebrity was coupling with a river cruise first...

Your thoughts will be appreciated.

We're looking into 2016 for similar products...

Cheers and thank you

Just off the Reflection first Caribbean deployment of the season and stayed in a RS. We dined in Luminae twice for dinner with a party of six and 4 times for breakfast with a party of two. We had to wait for about 30 mins the first night, but we hadn't made a reservation. The hostess asked us if we would like to wait in Michael's Club, which we did. Other than that night we never had to wait for a table, and while busy for dinner, it never felt crowded and the service was excellent. Small world, we had the same waiter as we had had on the Solstice back in July, and he told us Luminae on the Reflection is quite a bit larger than the other S-class ships, because of the extra suites.

Seems like a lot of concern over how MC lounge will be used and how it will effect CS suites and above.

Just a thought, MC is nice but.....

There is a life outside MC..... If I use the $300 to $400 we save per day by not booking CS and above, spend that money throughout the ship, I can drink and can eat any where ( when I want ) or I choose. By tipping well, good service really does follow.

Cabin sizes tends to be the really big perk and those that spend the $$$$ deserve it ..