LIVE From the Serenade of the Seas with Trainman-2 & Judith

Trainman-2

Last night we bought some "Dristan Cold" pills in the RCI Shops.

It was all they had but taking 2 of them when we got back to the cabin almost instantly slowed and eventually stopped my runny nose.

I can tell this morning that I am not well but the pills are making it easier to live with the symptoms.

The only good news is we booked an 11 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Serenade sailing 12 December 2016

Hope you feel better soon!

Good choice on the 11 night booking! We are booked on the 10 night itinerary that you are on coming up this February, and the 11 night on the following year in Feb. :)

Last night we bought some "Dristan Cold" pills in the RCI Shops.

It was all they had but taking 2 of them when we got back to the cabin almost instantly slowed and eventually stopped my runny nose.

I can tell this morning that I am not well but the pills are making it easier to live with the symptoms.

I hope you feel better soon but I would suggest you look at what is in those Dristan Cold pills. I know you have posted many times about heart issues and those pills have a decongestant in them that should not be taken by someone with high blood pressure. Might be worth a trip to the medical center to get something that will be better suited for you.

I am not a doctor and do not play one on tv or the internet but those things can get your ticker beating way too fast.

Hope you feel better soon! Can't blame bad air on an airplane on this one! That's usually how my hubs gets sick.

He has high blood pressure and can't take anything over-the-counter for a cold, just some Advil if he's feeling feverish. Your nose should stopping running in a day or two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't think of a better place to rest up from a cold, not a lot of fun but you don't have to do anything you don't feel up to doing. If you were at home you would think of a dozen things you need to do. Get well soon.

I'd rather be sick at home and 100% healthy on vacation.

• Like 1

For the last several days we have been having breakfast in the Park's Cafe which is open from 6 am to 9 am.

Our favorite is RCI's version of McDonald's Egg McMuffin except they are sooooo much better.

A grilled English Muffin, slices of Ham & Cheese, a Fried Egg and then the whole thing heated and squashed a bit in a Panini Bread Grille.

DSCN1355_zpstvp1pbyp.jpg

There are lots of other goodies available. Park's is well worth checking out!

Sorry your not feeling well. The last cruise we were on my husband developed a head cold that ended up with him experiencing a loss of his voice for the remainder of the cruise. Everything he wished to expressed was written down on a note pad.. sigh.

Funny story about it we were on a Disney ship, and had our grandson (then, 6 1/2) with us. While my husband waited near the pool area for our grandson, and I to bring his lunch back to him; our grandson thought his gram had lost her mind because HE didn't like what I was ordering from the grill, and his Pa wasn't with us! so.. who was this food for. He understood with an OH! after I showed him the note; other pax thought it too cute.

The day we disembarked was not fun when we got to immigration, and he could not utter a word.

Fwiw, of late one of us almost always gets a sinuse head cold at some point during our cruises.

Edited by evelyn51

I have been following your cruise. We are on the Serenade for a 12n Christmas 2015, booked it 2 years ago so cant wait now. Glad you liked her well enough to sail again. I have really enjoyed your posts! Hope you feel better good place to relax.

My sniffles have turned into a full blown head cold but the pills are controlling the symptoms.

The ship is rolling a bit and with several back and neck fusions in addition to a stuffed up head, I am having some balance problems moving around the ship even with my cane which really helps.

If the ship's motion is worse tomorrow I may have to start using my walker.

To a normal person, the motion would be minor.