Princess website changed

dianef

Has anyone found that navigating Princess website to see cabin availability has gotten more difficult?Was just checking to see cabins available on my cruise and found it so hard to see each section at a glance.It seems they changed their website.

It has been this way for quite some time. You can't really see an entire deck in a single glance. You have to go section by section, deck by deck. Also, if a cruise is being sold as both a logical b2b cruise and single cruises you have to look cabins up both ways. The Princess program selects different specific cabins for the logical b2b and the individual legs.

The cabin selection hasn't changed in almost 1 year. They changed it about a year ago.

Not totally true. Recently I have gotten 2 buttons on the search results pages, details or book a cruise. The details button takes me to the familiar page with the itinerary and other info. The book now button takes me to a different looking page to select a cabin without all the nice info like the itinerary. I found it confusing.

I just looked and the book now button is missing, hopefully gone for good.

Not totally true. Recently I have gotten 2 buttons on the search results pages, details or book a cruise. The details button takes me to the familiar page with the itinerary and other info. The book now button takes me to a different looking page to select a cabin without all the nice info like the itinerary. I found it confusing.

I just looked and the book now button is missing, hopefully gone for good.

I check every day (nothing else to do until my next cruise;)) and what I can see changed yesterday. Apparently, not everyone is seeing the changes:confused:

The "Book Now" button which showed up a month or 2 ago has been replaced with "Compare Staterooms"...UGH!! It is terrible. Once I select an area to look at (forward, mid, aft, etc), I have to scroll down, down, down through lots of nuthin until I finally come to the deck plan. Finish looking at it and page back to start the process all over again. What idiot thought this was a good idea?:(:(

If you don't like it, do what I did and use the Feedback button on the right side of the screen and let them know.

Has anyone found that navigating Princess website to see cabin availability has gotten more difficult?Was just checking to see cabins available on my cruise and found it so hard to see each section at a glance.It seems they changed their website.

It has been odd for me as well for the last 3 days I have been on it. Just the portion of the website when checking on the availability on staterooms during booking. It is very annoying and I hope they fix it soon. :D

When I pick the path "Continue", it only allows me to look at aft location for any cabin type I pick.

There is then a link to look at other sections of the ship, but it does not function in a user-friendly way.

I do like the new feature that you can, once you are looking at the type cabin you asked to see, ask to see all cabin types in that area, not just the type you originally picked.

I check every day (nothing else to do until my next cruise;)) and what I can see changed yesterday. Apparently, not everyone is seeing the changes:confused:

The "Book Now" button which showed up a month or 2 ago has been replaced with "Compare Staterooms"...UGH!! It is terrible. Once I select an area to look at (forward, mid, aft, etc), I have to scroll down, down, down through lots of nuthin until I finally come to the deck plan. Finish looking at it and page back to start the process all over again. What idiot thought this was a good idea?:(:(

If you don't like it, do what I did and use the Feedback button on the right side of the screen and let them know.

Totally agree and see the same. Thanks for describing the situation so well. I pretty much check the Hawaii cruises out of SF every day and count how many cabins are available in each category meaning total insides available, ocean view and total balcony's available. Waiting for prices to drop but don't want to wait too long to book if it looks like the inventory is getting very low. Glad to hear that others are seeing the same as me starting today. I was getting paranoid that somehow princess knew that since I was logging in 3-5 times a day that they somehow changed the screen to make it harder for me. Crazy I know:rolleyes: The scrolling way down a white screen with nothing there is frustrating. Hope this gets cleared up soon.

JMO, but I think Princess' computer geeks have screwed up something with that page. (Not uncommon, as they seem to mess up something every time they decide to "improve" (often in their minds only) the website.) I've been struggling with it for the past few days.

One can no longer just click on a sector of the diagram of the ship to see what cabins are available, and instead must scroll down thru endless blank areas to find the sector one wishes to look at. The "old way" (of just a few days ago) was SOOO much easier.

Mine's different, too, starting yesterday morning. When you look at the cabins, instead of the ship diagram showing forward, mid, aft beside each other like always, now they display one on top of another starting from aft and moving forward with LOTS of blank space between. The funny thing is that my husband's page still shows the old way.....:confused:

Wow, there is definitely a problem with the Princess website this morning, for available cabins it just shows blank screens. Clearly someone has messed around with the website.

Totally agree. Logged on this afternoon and it's definitely changed. Was fine just earlier this week.

Wow, there is definitely a problem with the Princess website this morning, for available cabins it just shows blank screens. Clearly someone has messed around with the website.

Totally agree. Logged on this afternoon and it's definitely changed. Was fine just earlier this week.

Edited by love2cruisegal
sorry posted twice

On the bright side it went offline here in Oz for maintenance tonight and when it came back now I can't even see cabins at all when trying to book :( still have the pages of white screens though.......... oh well maybe tomorrow?

On the bright side it went offline here in Oz for maintenance tonight and when it came back now I can't even see cabins at all when trying to book :( still have the pages of white screens though.......... oh well maybe tomorrow?

I don't think the computer geeks work on weekends unless there is a total meltdown of the website. LOL

Guess someone got a few hours of overtime then as we had a lovely picture of the NZ fiordlands with the redirect to the phone line message. Pity they didn't fix the problem though it just seems worse, maybe they gave up and left it for the day shift tomorrow?