Do you use your Central Park or Boardwalk balcony?

Just off Oasis and we noticed that we rarely, if ever, saw people using their CV or BV balconies. We were in central park and the boardwalk often enough, but aside from drying clothes, the balconies were conspicuously empty most of the time. If you had one of these rooms, did you like to sit out and use the balcony?

Had a CP one and tried to use it but felt we had little privacy and it was noisy from the kids pool area echoing into the higher cabin area of Central Park.

Would not want a Boardwalk or Central Park again. Felt we had to keep the sheer curtains closed for privacy from the other side of the ship cabins facing us.

Just off Oasis last week, we had a BW balcony. The only appreciable time I spent out there was one evening watching the Aqua Theater show. The other few times I went out was just to take a quick look around. I can't honestly say I use a regular balcony all that much more, I just don't spend all that much time in the room. That's why we so frequently travel in interior and OV rooms unless we get a cheap/free upgrade.

We had a CP Balcony on Oasis and used it frequently. It was a great place to play cards and relax in the evening. I personally didn't have any problems with people across from me - nobody seemed to pay any attention to other people on their balconies.

I was in a deck 12 CP balcony recently on Oasis. I used it very little as it was very noisy from the kids pool and music during the day. The times I did use it I seldom saw anyone on the opposite side of CP on their balcony.

We sailed on Oasis & Allure and always had a CP. We love sitting on our balcony and admire the rising tide bar, crowds strolling in Central Park and amazed at the traffic in the Park Café. Also, when we come back form the pool we sit and listen to the music emanating from the band at the pool. It really feels like a balcony overlooking a large city park.

Note: You've got to be careful to have the curtains closed ,especially when coming out of the shower. LOL

Tomorrow we sail for the fourth time in a Boardwalk balcony cabin. We always have a cabin far aft (2 or 3 in). We LOVE it!!!! Love the view of the sea and the aqua show and the people watching. Any other class ship we always have ocean balcony but with Oasis class, we love our boardwalk balcony and eat breakfast and have drinks and just hang out there.

Never interested in CP balcony...too warm for us in that section of the ship.

Edited by eileen226

We have been on Allure and Oasis and had the last boardwalk balconies. We love them, watch all the aqua shows and enjoy ocean and people watch. On all other ships we get a balcony cabin.

On Oasis our neighbors got good use of their Boardwalk balcony as their own smoking session.

I also noticed this on our 10/31 cruise. People vaping. We used it frequently. Had breakfast on the balcony a few days, sat out there in the evening before dinner. We noticed most balconies were not used however other than for people to store their suitcases.

I cannot begin to imagine why anyone would want a balcony facing in :confused:

Because I can sail on any ship and have a balcony with an OV. I sailed on Oasis to experience the ship, not to necessarily have a typical cruise.

I also noticed this on our 10/31 cruise. People vaping. We used it frequently. Had breakfast on the balcony a few days, sat out there in the evening before dinner. We noticed most balconies were not used however other than for people to store their suitcases.

Yes, noticed a lot of cases and clothes and towels on the interior balconies.

We were on deck 11 or so and it was noisy from the kids in the pool.

We had a CP balcony on our Oasis cruise and almost never used it. We were too cheap to go to an oceanview (it was nearly $800 more) but we learned our lesson.... For us, only oceanview from now on (on our 2nd Oasis trip we went up to an oceanview and enjoyed our balcony much more)...

Host Jacquelyn -- love your name!

In answer to the post: I've been on the Oasis in a BW cabin twice and both times I did use it. First one was 10719 and enjoyed afternoons out there with wine and snacks from the Park Cafe:). Second was in the what was/is the most sought after 103219. I totally loved that cabin and spent quite a few afternoons out there. Besides watching the "live" diving show got to watch the rehearsals; all the Aqua Theatre shows from the balcony; enjoy quiet (at times) away from the sun.

Absolutely would book a BW cabin again!

Edited by jaspercat

We had a boardwalk view balcony and definitely used it often. We ate breakfast on the balcony, watched the aquatheater and fountain shows, went out to just relax and look at the ocean and the busy boardwalk. The only thing that I didn't do is take a nap out there like I normally do with a balcony. Too noisy.

Im sure everyone got an eyeful from their Boardwalk balconies while I was ziplineing:eek:

Didn't notice that many on their balcony during the day, but there were a few.

But as much as I was in Central Park for dining, most days twice, I never saw anyone on their balconies. Just laundry:confused:

Edited by jonbgd