Ukulele

Lmarie6

So I knew that my boyfriend was planning to take his ukulele on our upcoming cruise. However, I did not know he was planning on taking it as a carry-on because he's afraid it'll get banged around too much in transit and possibly damaged. He said they're kind of fragile and he'd feel much better about it if he just had it with him (it's fairly new). My question is, will he be allowed to carry on his ukulele? Can he also take a bag with other items in it, such as a change of clothes, bathing suit, meds, bottle of wine, etc, or are we limited to one carry-on bag/item? We'll be on the Grandeur of the Seas.

Thanks.

As far as the ship is concerned you can carry on as much as you want as lomas it will fit through the scanner.

Question - where exactly is he planning to play it? Hopefully NOT on your balcony. When I'm sitting on mine listening to the ocean, that's about the last thing I want to hear.

So I knew that my boyfriend was planning to take his ukulele on our upcoming cruise. However, I did not know he was planning on taking it as a carry-on because he's afraid it'll get banged around too much in transit and possibly damaged. He said they're kind of fragile and he'd feel much better about it if he just had it with him (it's fairly new). My question is, will he be allowed to carry on his ukulele? Can he also take a bag with other items in it, such as a change of clothes, bathing suit, meds, bottle of wine, etc, or are we limited to one carry-on bag/item? We'll be on the Grandeur of the Seas.

Thanks.

Why?????:rolleyes:

Question - where exactly is he planning to play it? Hopefully NOT on your balcony. When I'm sitting on mine listening to the ocean, that's about the last thing I want to hear.

A guy on the Liberty repositioning cruise was carrying a Shofar (Ram's Horn) and blasting it from the Helipad on the bow of the ship as early as 05:30 AM last week.

This stopped on about day 7 of the 12 day sailing and maybe he had an inside cabin, which explains the choice of the helipad and not his 'own' balcony.

A guy on the Liberty repositioning cruise was carrying a Shofar (Ram's Horn) and blasting it from the Helipad on the bow of the ship as early as 05:30 AM last week.

Was this guy dressed in black with religious words on his clothing? On the Oasis Eastbound TA we had Father Diaz onboard with his Shofar greeting the arrival of the day. You can see a photo here (arriving in Malaga).

steamboats

How theatrical :rolleyes: .. and very much as silly as someone BRINGING A UKULELE ON BOARD A SHIP.

Tell ur man to leave it at home! That's crazy -- and he'll annoy a whole lotta people with it.

As far as the ship is concerned you can carry on as much as you want as lomas it will fit through the scanner.

OMG I thought the same thing. Even if there was a professional musician next to me I would not want to be hearing their music.

This fellow seems to get around.

It certainly looks like the same person who was on the Celebrity Solstice from Hawaii to Vancouver in April, 2015.

Always at the break of day while I was doing some upper deck walking.

Well, it seems he likes re-positioning cruises.

I just know some of my table-mates mentioned that he woke them up daily for the first few days of the cruise as the Helipad on Liberty is just in front of the crew 'relax' area and a large number of forward facing cabins.

....Question - where exactly is he planning to play it? Hopefully NOT on your balcony. When I'm sitting on mine listening to the ocean, that's about the last thing I want to hear.

I hate it when someone is playing thier boom box.

Even easy listening music would drown out why I love being on a balcony.

Was this guy dressed in black with religious words on his clothing? On the Oasis Eastbound TA we had Father Diaz onboard with his Shofar greeting the arrival of the day. You can see a photo here (arriving in Malaga).

steamboats

So wait... Is he Jewish (typically the religion that uses a shofar) or Roman Catholic (typically the religion that uses "Father" as the honorific)? Or some kind of self-declared cult-type thing?

So wait... Is he Jewish (typically the religion that uses a shofar) or Roman Catholic (typically the religion that uses "Father" as the honorific)? Or some kind of self-declared cult-type thing?

I did not inquire as I viewed it as a prop or door-opener; I avoid religious missionaries of all persuasions.

Sorry that the thread has sort of gone off course a bit.

How theatrical :rolleyes: .. and very much as silly as someone BRINGING A UKULELE ON BOARD A SHIP.

Tell ur man to leave it at home! That's crazy -- and he'll annoy a whole lotta people with it.

NOWHERE did the OP suggest he was planning on playing it ON BOARD maybe he plans on playing it in port on some nice secluded beach at sunset.