New Beverage Package Promotions (Liberty)

MADflyer

Actually, on a 7 day cruise, day 4 is normally the last day to purchase an unlimited beverage package. However, you may see ships offer their own deals, outside the corporate guidelines.

Right-- and so I was

1. Confirming that today was in fact day 5

2. Stating the dilemma that one may have as to "should I or shouldn't I buy the package" before the deadline-- seems like these cards are hit and miss.

10 Drink Package @ $79 inc grats. available on The Oasis today :)

Now that is a great price also! $7.90 per drink - not bad!

Most of the bartenders that we have talked with onboard really do not like the new plans - their tips have dropped sharply -

We have found that tipping right up front gets us much MORE from the bartenders!

Edited by Esahuma

On the Vision crossing in November the 'card' was $120 for 15 drinks = $8 per drink. It seems maybe Royal are playing with the price per drink at the moment looking for the right one.

A Jack and Coke or a Bacardi and Coke was $8.75 icl. tip - $7.50 saving on ten drinks.

They also had a 40% discount on drinks packages for all which was a $700 discount on the 15 nights - I was tempted at just over $1000 for 2 with so many sea days!

No packages or 'cards' were offered on the 7 night B2B afterwards.

After the Vision, we flew to New York for 19 nights on the NCL Breakaway. Prices were similar to the 21 nights on the Vision (about £240 more on NCL for 2 less nights but in a balcony instead of an outside) but NCL included a 'free' drinks package with any drink up to $15 - the only more expensive drink we had was a Cognac at $17.60 (we just paid the $2.60)

Perhaps NCL's 'free' drinks promotion is affecting bookings on Royal.

Pete.

Liberty has offered the 10 drink card for $67 for several cruises. I believe it started on the re-po from Bayonne to Galveston. We were on LB from the Sunday after Thanksgiving until this past Sunday, Dec. 20. On week one, the punch card was offered on day 5 of a 7 night cruise. The second week, it was offered on day 3 of a 7 night cruise. I should have bought it then! Last week, it was not offered until day 6. I also hope this continues fleet wide, though I would only buy it if at least 3 days were left of the cruise, since we get the free drinks in the CL and DL.

Off of the Grandeur yesterday.

They offered 10 drink punch cards on the last half of the cruise for $89.95, including gratuity. They also had unlimited "sea day" drink packages and an unlimited "island package" for use ashore at Coco Cay only ($42, if memory serves).

I am not sure if the beverage package promotions offered on the Liberty repositioning cruise from Bayonne to Galveston were ship or sailing specific or if they will be offered fleet wide in the future.

C&A members were offered a discount on the Premium and Ultimate beverage packages.

The daily price was discounted by 50% for Pinnacles, 40% for D+, 30% for D and 20% was offered to Emerald along with 10% discount for Platinum members.

The discount was offered for packages purchased at any time up to 4 days prior to the final sailing date.

At that point, Liberty offered a new $67, 10 drink coupon voucher that was available for sale up until the final day of the sailing. These 10 drink vouchers could be used in any bar for any beverage up to a $14 value.

Unique to this $67 voucher was that it could be shared. It was only available on the last 3 days of the sailing.

I was allowed to pay an 'upgrade' for wine that was more expensive than included with any package. Diamond drink 'coupons' were valued at $8, while these vouchers were given a $14 value.

Liberty was heavily promoting these packages right up to the last evening of the cruise and had a 'manned' table set up at the entrance to the Windjammer throughout the sailing to continue to push drink packages.

While bar menus did not have prices daily special drinks ranged from $6.50 to $8.50 daily, mixed drinks ran from $8 to $14 and the most basic wine was priced at $8 by the glass. Wine by the glass was very limited in the specialty restaurants.

The voucher book idea is a good one, saw it first on MSC, definitely brings down the prices of drinks, when you don't want the unlimited pkge.!

Any sightings on Enchantment yet? Really hoping they give this a try.

I was on EN 12-14-15 and didn't have a drink coupon book option. There is no C & A discount program because EN already does 3/4 night cruises and the minimum is 3 nights to purchase a beverage package. I had such bad issues using my Premium package on EN that I canceled my package on my March JW cruise.

The voucher book idea is a good one, saw it first on MSC, definitely brings down the prices of drinks, when you don't want the unlimited pkge.!

The RCI examples so far have varied from the standard MSC books in a couple of ways.

The RCI version is a 'clip card' with 10 spots printed on the card to be marked with a code from each bar. While the RCI version can be shared as well, you can not just rip out a coupon and share them with others the way you could on MSC.

Another major variance has been that the RCI versions are 'ship-specific' and can only be used on the final days usually of that single sailing. The MSC version is whole cruise, could be shared with anyone by giving a coupon and could even be brought back onboard on future sailings if any coupons were unused.

It is still a fantastic development for RCI and it will hopefully spread across the fleet.