Family traveling together in 2 diff class cabins

sswv

We are a family of 5. Due to age requirements,when I booked our two cabins on Constellation,I had to register myself and two daughters in inside cabin on deck 11. Across from us my husband and son are registered in the AQ1 aft cabin. Clearly the kids are rooming together in inside cabin and we will be in AQ cabin. Will I be able to eat in Blu? Will it just be allowed for us 2 or the entire family? Before when we have done suite and interior cabins we all had the benefit of priority check in etc but I have never stayed in AQ cabin before and never had access to Blu before. Any insights?

First, you probably didn't need to separate the adults the way you did -- you are allowed to book children in their own separate cabin as long as it is next to or across from the adult cabin.

However, having done this, you do have a conundrum. The five of you will not be able to eat in Blu. They would PROBABLY let both adults eat there, given this circumstance, but I don't speak for Celebrity, and there's always a chance that they will stick precisely to the rule, "only AQ can eat in Blu".

If you want to guarantee that you and your husband can eat in Blu, you might be able to switch the names on the booking before you cruise.

But no matter how you swing it, the five of you will not be able to eat together in Blu.

Which brings up, where do you plan to have the kids eat?

I tried booking the "kids" together. 19 17 &15 and the site said must have one 21+ in cabin. They don't really care for specialty restaurants opting for the buffet most nights! But thanks I will call and see if I can speak win someone to switch names.

Call celebrity and change the names. We have never had a problem booking the kids in their separate rooms. Although we usually have a connecting room, for our next cruise our kids (19,17) are booked in the room next to us. As long as one of the names on the reservation remains the same, celebrity will switch things around without hassle. If you booked with a travel agent, they will need to call on your behalf. This way you have no issues using the spa or eating at blu when you have the time just the two you. They will not allow the entire family eat at blu. We once had a RS with the kids in the connecting concierge room and they were not able to join us if we had decided to eat at blu.

I tried booking the "kids" together. 19 17 &15 and the site said must have one 21+ in cabin. They don't really care for specialty restaurants opting for the buffet most nights! But thanks I will call and see if I can speak win someone to switch names.

On our Silhouette sailing next week, my wife and I are in one cabin and our 18 and 15 year old boys are in the adjoining cabin. We had no issue booking it like that. I believe another poster said that as long as they are across from each other or next to each other, it's not an issue.

Below is an official X reply that was posted on another thread regarding children in separate cabins (notice the exception ;)):

'No guest under the age of 21 can be booked in a stateroom unless accompanied by an adult 21 years or older.

EXCEPTION: The only situation where minors can be berthed without an adult in the stateroom is when at least one parent/legal guardian is sailing and the staterooms are physically adjacent (directly next door or directly across the hall - the doors to the staterooms have to be in the same hallway) to one another.'

Celebrity Cruises

http://www.Celebrity.com

Had to book me & DD in one cabin; DH & boys a few doors down. When we got on board, we got them to give us extra keys & we did some switching, no big deal.

The nice thing was we were able to pop into their room anytime, so they knew they had to be accountable. The funny thing--they came into our room one night & did all sorts of funny things to the room (short sheeted bed, etc.) nothing mean or too messed up, more in fun.

It doesn't matter if both names are on the AQ room, they will only check one. (did AQ 2 years ago)

This topic was recently explored at length ....suggest use of search feature..

In that case it was a single adult dtr in the non AQ cabin whose mom wanted her to eat healthier, did not want to pay single supp, and several other issues...Simple answer was NO... and the rule is STRICTLY ENFORCED.

AQ fares include a price premium so those in an inside would not qualify...the 2 per cabin limit also applies to AQ...

best way for family of 5 would be booking a suite, then all can do luminae, BLU, etc..,hope it works out for OP, but that seems to be the only way

Edited by hcat

You may have to call, but you can absolutely book minors in their own nearby cabin. I've done it.

We watched a family in a similar situation be turned away at Blu. They truly try to make it only for Aqua class. It's really the only perk to booking Aqua so if they let everyone in, it's no longer a benefit.

Which is as it should be. Can you imagine the large family groups that would try to get around the rules by just booking one AQ cabin and saying "we'll just tell them we all need to eat in Blu because we're family and Aunt Mary is in an AQ cabin."

The issue is that you cannot book under 21 in a cabin online - you must call or get a travel agent to book you. If you call to book, the three young people can all go into their own cabin from the start, and Mom and Dad can be on the other cabin.

We went through this a couple of times in the last year. As long as we were in adjacent cabins, the kids were fine to be booked in their own room.

SSWV, I recommend you call Celebrity and move your son out of Dad's room and you into there so that you and your husband can eat in Blu and let the kids eat at the buffet.

Call. We had teenagers booked together in their own cabin as far back as 2008. No problem at all, they just need to be nearby in the same quadrant/ area of the ship.

Since they were under 21 they could embark in the same line with us, and get tender tickets with us, etc. I don't think they will be able to dine in BLU

Edited by Jade13

you must go through a TA or call directly to book the kids separately. the website won't let you do it

It doesn't matter if both names are on the AQ room, they will only check one. (did AQ 2 years ago)

yeah but aren't ALL AQ class rooms 2 max? so if they show up with 5 people they would need to produce 3 card keys that all say AQ class on them.