Any hope in getting on a Sold Out cruise?

cymblue

Also, check the website every day as cabins may become available. On the 50th Anniversary cruise last December, people could pick up open cabins as they appeared before they were assigned to the next person on the wait list.

Better yet, several times a day.

I guess Princess isn't like one of the luxury lines where people who have a lot of $$$$$ are willing to pay so much to get on that the line can offer very generous terms for already-booked guests to go on other cruises.

Better yet, several times a day.

I guess Princess isn't like one of the luxury lines where people who have a lot of $$$$$ are willing to pay so much to get on that the line can offer very generous terms for already-booked guests to go on other cruises.

Princess has been known to make generous (even very generous) offers on overbooked cruises. I don't think the overbookings are cases of someone with lots of money jumping the waitlist line (if that was what you are implying), rather Princess made a mistake in their occupancy calculations (maybe accepted too many guarantees?). Here's a thread from this winter: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2311575

Princess has been known to make generous (even very generous) offers on overbooked cruises. I don't think the overbookings are cases of someone with lots of money jumping the waitlist line (if that was what you are implying), rather Princess made a mistake in their occupancy calculations (maybe accepted too many guarantees?). Here's a thread from this winter: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2311575

CB must be in that exact situation. We are traveling with my 82 YO dad (in separate standard cabins) and they called to offer us an incredible upgrade AND tons (really - tons) of refundable on board credit if we would share a room. Sorry, there is just no way we could do that! :o

Edited by StartrainDD

There are websites that allow several TAs to bid on your cruise, and sometimes they have rooms blocked. I used that when I wanted to stay on the Eurodam for an extra sailing and it showed as sold out. I shocked the Future Cruise Consultant when I came down with a booking number ...

Sorry' date=' we are not allowed to name agencies or agents here. In addition to making a deposit directly with Princess, I'd try agency websites on line.[/quote']

No kidding. Which is why I asked for a hint.:cool:

My sold out cruise is Royal Caribbean.

There are websites that allow several TAs to bid on your cruise, and sometimes they have rooms blocked. I used that when I wanted to stay on the Eurodam for an extra sailing and it showed as sold out. I shocked the Future Cruise Consultant when I came down with a booking number ...

Thanks. Will try that.

I've called & checked online several times a day.

• 1 year later...

Just tried booking a cabin on 9/22/17 Carribean Princess sailing. Yesterday there were multiple cabins available in all categories. Today the ship is completely sold out! Do you think Princess will release cabins at a later date? I can't imagine that all cabins were sold within 24 hrs!

Just tried booking a cabin on 9/22/17 Carribean Princess sailing. Yesterday there were multiple cabins available in all categories. Today the ship is completely sold out! Do you think Princess will release cabins at a later date? I can't imagine that all cabins were sold within 24 hrs!

I have seen this several times on past cruises. I think most of the time when this happens Princess temporarily closes the cruise to new bookings while they work on upsells and GTY assignments.

If this is the case, chances are there will be cabins available again in a day or two.

I would go directly through Princess place a deposit and get on their waitlist

as soon as possible.

I suspect there's just one list, managed by Princess.

We have friends that (a few days after final payments due) wanted to join us on a sold-out Baltic cruise on Regal. They contacted a travel agent they'd used before, were added to the waitlist (told they were in 4th place), and cleared (into a Balcony cabin) in about a week.

Good luck!

I would not wait. Pay the refundable $200 deposit and get on the waitlist asap.

I suspect there's just one list, managed by Princess.

We have friends that (a few days after final payments due) wanted to join us on a sold-out Baltic cruise on Regal. They contacted a travel agent they'd used before, were added to the waitlist (told they were in 4th place), and cleared (into a Balcony cabin) in about a week.

Good luck!

I agree.

FYI........One must pay the $200 deposit to be added to the waitlist.

It is refundable if you don't clear or you decline the offer.

Anything is possible. But it has nothing to do whether the ship is sold out or not. It all a matter of inventory management. Individuals do not have access to real time inventory. All you see is "sellable categories." One minute all categories are available; the next it all sold out; the next day it's available again. It just could be that inventory management closes off the sailing to evaluate booking levels and then opens them back up if they feel they need to continue to sell. Just like the airlines cruise line routinely sell more berths and what's physically available since cancellations can take place up to departure. It could be the sailing preceding yours is in an "oversell" and they need cabins from your sailing for "moveovers" so they are holding back inventory. It's all about ensuring the ship sails at 100% occupancy. Either keep checking back or call Princess and speak with reservations. Reservations can contact inventory management to determine what your chances are to get a confirmed reservation. You can always ask if wait list is possible.

Thread is from 2015. The OP has probably worked it out and sailed or not sailed by now. ;)

Yes but poster at #34 who revived the thread has a similar but current problem so he/she will appreciate the advice.

Anything is possible. But it has nothing to do whether the ship is sold out or not. It all a matter of inventory management. Individuals do not have access to real time inventory. All you see is "sellable categories." One minute all categories are available; the next it all sold out; the next day it's available again. It just could be that inventory management closes off the sailing to evaluate booking levels and then opens them back up if they feel they need to continue to sell. Just like the airlines cruise line routinely sell more berths and what's physically available since cancellations can take place up to departure. It could be the sailing preceding yours is in an "oversell" and they need cabins from your sailing for "moveovers" so they are holding back inventory. It's all about ensuring the ship sails at 100% occupancy. Either keep checking back or call Princess and speak with reservations. Reservations can contact inventory management to determine what your chances are to get a confirmed reservation. You can always ask if wait list is possible.

Exactly! :)

How would you get on a sold out cruise??? sold out means there are no cabins available - where would you stay??? Why would anyone even ask such a question?

Because a cruise can be 'sold out' at a point in time and then cabins become available because folks decide not to make final payment or other issues arise (for example, health) and they have to cancel even closer to departure.