New drink package - standard beverage package

LuckiePuris

If my cruise isn't until next summer do I have to worry about them changing my drink package from Classic to Standard or am I locked into that offer? I don't know if they can change the details of the offers after booking. I would still receive a drink package but if it is the standard then I have a considerable cost to upgrade instead of roughly $11/day after gratuity.

If my cruise isn't until next summer do I have to worry about them changing my drink package from Classic to Standard or am I locked into that offer? I don't know if they can change the details of the offers after booking. I would still receive a drink package but if it is the standard then I have a considerable cost to upgrade instead of roughly $11/day after gratuity.

I wouldn't worry!

You booked a package that included the classic package not a drinks package so I'm certain you will get what you booked [emoji4]

You only have to worry if they switch around the packages and there is a price drop, and you try to take advantage of the new pricing. Then it will pick up whatever the current promotion is.

• 2 months later...
Am planning cruise in June, is the premium package worth the 65$ per person aday.

Yes.....or no..... We MIGHT be able to make some suggestions if you tell us something about what you drink on a daily basis on a cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It all depends what and how much you drink. I've never heard of anyone who has had the standard drink package. On my last cruise in February on Constellation.i had classic which was included with the cruise as a perk which means the gratuities are included. If you upgrade to premium its $10 a day plus $1.80 in gratuities equaling $11.80 per day.

If you are an average guy who enjoys a crown royal or absolute vodka then classic would be perfect. I never found a need to upgrade.

If you are a high end martini drinker or just a martini drinker then upgrade to premium. It takes all the worrys out of surprise of a high bill in the end.

I am not sure what is all included with the standard package. Enjoy your cruise....but please just cause gratuities are included with the drink package,tip the bartenders. They really do work hard and appreciate the extra money. They will work even harder for you. We had great bartenders on our cruise.

As far as drink packages...I stated in an earlier post. I can see this being a total mess for the cruiser. Now 3 packages? Confusion I don't think so much by celebrity but for the cruiser? Yes. I guess I will find out in a couple weeks when we sail the constellation. We both have classic. Anything over $8 in a cocktail you pay full price not the difference. I am a whiskey drinker. Don't like weak drinks so I will post when we get back on how this went. I looked at some drink menus and very few drinks are $8. Could be a ploy by celebrity to get you to upgrade. But hey what's another $100 in the big picture. None of celebrity's lists on the packages are the same. The one on line is different than the one the rep sent in the last couple days. The list on this web site doesn't match the other 2. So just more confusion... 7 and 7's for me...I will figure out how to getter done..

You are totally correct. Most of the drinks are not covered on the Classic Package and they will charge you full price not just the difference.

The only way I would do any drink package is they offer me a Classic Bev for two free and at least a OBC of $300 or more, then I will upgrade with the OBC when I get on the ship.

Enjoy your cruise....but please just cause gratuities are included with the drink package,tip the bartenders. They really do work hard and appreciate the extra money. They will work even harder for you. We had great bartenders on our cruise.

While this is a nice sentiment (who doesn't appreciate extra money?), there is no requirement that you pay any additional gratuity on top of the 18% that you're already paying.

You are totally correct. Most of the drinks are not covered on the Classic Package and they will charge you full price not just the difference.

I was (surprisingly) happy with the classic. What did I drink:

Wine- was shocked that I was ok with this, but the sommeliers were excellent

My beer drinking was limited to corona (the one place I was disappointed with classic)

Mimosas

Mudslide on the rocks

ANY drink they came around with on the pool deck

Vodka cranberry

soda and water

Alcoholic coffee drinks (wanted to try them all, but couldn't stop going back to Aspen)

I had thought I needed to upgrade, but I turned out to really be ok on the classic package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Do you upgrade from classic to premium upon check in at the terminal, or once you are onboard?

You can do it onboard at any bar or at Guest Relations or at tables they'll have set up to sell upgrades. If you do it at Guest Relations, they generally reprint your Seapass card instead of just applying a sticker. To avoid the long line at Guest Relations on the first day, wait until later in the evening to upgrade. You can also just wait until the next day if you don't want any premium drinks on the first night.

90 % of passengers on Celebrity these days have a drinks package of sorts. A drinks package can often be included as a perk depending upon when one makes the booking. having done 5 cruises now on Celebrity I have only once found a cocktail that I couldn't get on the Classic package and that was because one of the ingredients was only available on the Premium package. In all other cases a substitute spirit was available. The Martini Bar is a premium only package but as I don't drink Martinis it was not an issue. The standard package is a cheaper option for those who want a cheaper option. To get the best deal is to purchase ones drink package as one of the perks when making initial booking. The normal Classic package is around $US65 per day but when we book the same package as a perk we pay $NZ20 per day or approx. $US12 per day

This is too confusing and I don't understand why Coors Light is not on the Standard package list as it's the same price as a Bud Light.

We have never had a drink package and it doesn't seem very likely we ever will. Even when we were younger and drank more, we only spent approximately $50 per person per day, now that we are older and get Elite+ Perks we spend even less, more like $25-30 per person per day, so the drink packages don't make any sense for us.

Edited by CruisingChick

Both good questions...I'd like to know too.

FRozen drinks are drinks like Pina Coladas, Mud slides, Daquiris and any cocktail using frozen icy slush. Smoothies are included in the Classic package

FRozen drinks are drinks like Pina Coladas, Mud slides, Daquiris and any cocktail using frozen icy slush. Smoothies are included in the Classic package

Thank you!

Is it worth it to buy the soft drink package, if you only drink 2-3 sodas a day? $9 a day seems expensive!

You are allowed to carry on soda. Just a thought. Put your luggage tag on it and it will be delivered to your room. Or, pack it in a suitcase if you would rather.

Is it worth it to buy the soft drink package, if you only drink 2-3 sodas a day? $9 a day seems expensive!

3 sodas a day will cost you $12, 4 $16 so yes it does make sense. As has been advised you can bring as much soda on board as you like with no issues.

Yes either get package or bring on a suitcase full if you drink that much. I think it's $4 a soda. There's other things you can get water and I think coffees.

I can tell you it adds up quick.....drinks are not cheap on a cruise that's why the included drink packages are so appealing.

Hello all

Apologies if this has been addressed earlier but I haven't found it on search. In purchasing a beverage package is there a discount for elite?

I know with RCI there is sometimes a discount for Diamond or Diamond Plus but only if you purchase the drinks package on board.

Any information?

Thanks!