New drink package - standard beverage package

LuckiePuris

Just onboard Solstice and to throw something else in the mix, there's now another alcoholic beverage package available.

It's a standard package and includes selected beers, wines, spirits, cocktails, liquor, and frozen drinks up to $6 a drink.

Doesn't say anything about coffees.

image_zpske3vswtr.jpg

image_zpswhhhqtsf.jpg

image_zpske3vswtr.jpg

Edited by LuckiePuris

You would need to consume on average 7 drinks a day to break even especially as there is no coffees included. Cant see too many people taking this up when for $20 a day one can get the Classic package as part of BBB deals

Hasn't this been available for a while to cruisers from the UK? I seem to remember references to it over the last few months, but always from UK passengers. Thanks for the photos, that really spells it out.

It was offered free as part of an inclusive deal earlier this year. It was called "select" I think.

Stuart

What is available on one package on one cruise may change on another. On a B2B earlier this year some spirits were available on the Classic package on the first but were premium on the second. One just has to be a bit flexible I think. The level of supplies of different products carried on board also has an effect I think

Just onboard Solstice and to throw something else in the mix, there's now another alcoholic beverage package available.

It's a standard package and includes selected beers, wines, spirits, cocktails, liquor, and frozen drinks up to $6 a drink.

Doesn't say anything about coffees.

image_zpske3vswtr.jpg

image_zpswhhhqtsf.jpg

image_zpske3vswtr.jpg

Only cheap blended Scotch in the Classic Package! Where is the Chivas and Glenfiddich that was there before? If correct, this is another bait and switch forcing people to up grade to the Premier package. I was promised decent Scotches when I booked with this package, I am very disappointed. Actually I am fed up of Celebrity changing the "rules" in the middle of the game. First, we lost an Island for overnights that most people don't want and now our Classic Package has been downgraded. I will take these factors into consideration when determining where my future vacation dollars will be going to.

I'm wondering if this has been introduced as part of a bigger plan to replace the classic package with the standard package as the starting point of the BBB promo... Then they will have 2 upgrade opertuinitiys 🤑💵

Thanks for posting this. As a newbie to cruising in general and to Celebrity specifically, it is helpful to guide us in our beverage package selection. After booking our trip without picking a beverage package, I cringe to think of adding another almost $1,800 for the Classic Package for 2 people for 7 nights! Is this just one of those expenses that you have to budget for, or are there some clever tricks to getting the best bang for your buck?

Thanks!

Thanks for posting this. As a newbie to cruising in general and to Celebrity specifically, it is helpful to guide us in our beverage package selection. After booking our trip without picking a beverage package, I cringe to think of adding another almost $1,800 for the Classic Package for 2 people for 7 nights! Is this just one of those expenses that you have to budget for, or are there some clever tricks to getting the best bang for your buck?

Thanks!

History suggests that at some point during the "selling-life" of most cruises (excluding trans-oceanic and repositioning) they will be offered with a free drinks package at some point - or perhaps at several points. You can never be certain, never know when, and never know that the deal is better that the one without a package sold a few months earlier.

Personally, I doubt if I'd get the value from a bought package, but I generally book when one is included in a deal.

Stuart

I'm wondering if this has been introduced as part of a bigger plan to replace the classic package with the standard package as the starting point of the BBB promo... Then they will have 2 upgrade opertuinitiys

I don't think so. I think it's been introduced as a more affordable alternative for Australian cruises, given the converted cost of the other packages is so expensive now.

Competition in the Australian market (at Australian dollars) has packages that are significantly cheaper than Celebrity's offering.

This enables them to be more competitive locally, without damaging the product sold elsewhere.

Edited by The_Big_M

Thanks!

Hi I think your maths are not right I make it $910 for 2 people on 7 day cruise Classic Package.

We booked on UK site and received the standard drinks package as a "freeby"

On the face of it this package suites us fine (to upgrade to the Classic would be an additional £107 each for a 14 night cruise).

The only doubt we have, ( and perhaps someone who has first hand experience can clarify) if we purchase a spirit with mixer does it come with the mixer already added to the spirit from the soda stream? Or do we add the mixer ourselves from a nearby soda fountain? Or does the whole process depend on which bar the drink is obtained?

We have phoned Celebrity UK a few of times to seek clarification and were left with the destinct impression they "ain't got a clue" about this matter

We booked on UK site and received the standard drinks package as a "freeby"

On the face of it this package suites us fine (to upgrade to the Classic would be an additional £107 each for a 14 night cruise).

The only doubt we have, ( and perhaps someone who has first hand experience can clarify) if we purchase a spirit with mixer does it come with the mixer already added to the spirit from the soda stream? Or do we add the mixer ourselves from a nearby soda fountain? Or does the whole process depend on which bar the drink is obtained?

We have phoned Celebrity UK a few of times to seek clarification and were left with the destinct impression they "ain't got a clue" about this matter

The Bar staff add mixer from bottles just say how much you want they will soon know you and your likes. Do same with Ice they use lots.

Hi I think your maths are not right I make it $910 for 2 people on 7 day cruise Classic Package.

Oh do I feel like an idiot! You are totally correct. Whew. That's a little easier to stomach. I must have been math-overwhelmed after a day of buying cruise, plane, and hotel tickets! Thanks!

I'm wondering if this has been introduced as part of a bigger plan to replace the classic package with the standard package as the starting point of the BBB promo... Then they will have 2 upgrade opertuinitiys 🤑💵

I think that's where they are headed as well. Remember they also raised the prices of the classic and premium package if purchased on board. This new package seems to be the same price of the classic package before the price hike.

We are new for Celebrity cruises. We are going in March for Caribbean. We have a question about the new beverage packages. At the Celebrity site we found Classic Wine Package starting from $109 and Premium package starting from $149. What is included in these packages? For other cruise lines there are specific number of bottles in the packages (e.g., for MCS there are 4 bottles of wine and 7 bottles of mineral water for 69 euro).

We are new for Celebrity cruises. We are going in March for Caribbean. We have a question about the new beverage packages. At the Celebrity site we found Classic Wine Package starting from $109 and Premium package starting from $149. What is included in these packages? For other cruise lines there are specific number of bottles in the packages (e.g., for MCS there are 4 bottles of wine and 7 bottles of mineral water for 69 euro).

As far as I know, there is no advantage to buying these wine packages before boarding the ship. Wines change so the best way to do this is to find someone selling drink and wine packages....trust me, you'll have no problem finding them once you board...and see what's included in the packages on your cruise.

As I recall, the savings are not great...you might be better off just buying what you like.

Edited by ghstudio