New drink package - standard beverage package

LuckiePuris

When I log in to my Cruise Planner I now see three Beverage Packages - Standard, Classic and Premium.

The Classic Package is $86.32 CAD per day, the Premium is $86.45 CAD. I think - for an additional .13 cents - I'd splurge for the Premium package. :)

If you click on the link within the premium or classic packages, it takes you to the page that compares the two plans that they had before-- water is still there.

I'm almost positive it's still available under the plan....but if not, order a scotch and water....hold the scotch.

on a more serious note....it is still listed on the referenced page.....the very last item under the classic package is "non premium bottled water"

Bottled water definitely isn't listed on page 1 of this thread for the Classic Plan, so that's where my worry came in.

Thank you both for clarifying though. :)

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

Thanks for the photo of the drink menu for all three packages. I see in classic there is whiskey (crown/cc/Jameson)which was not on celebrity's website. I guess I will look to see if they updated it. We will be on constellation in February.im a whiskey drinker and didn't see this on celebrity's site. Not sure why celebrity has to complex things by adding another drink package. How the bartenders keep it straight is beyond me. But all I know is it will be a fun cruise.

As far as a $6 glass of wine on a Celebrity Ship...that's just a scary thought. Perhaps it is an assortment of wines from Florida or India (and yes, they do make wine in both of those geographies.

At $6 per pour they will be getting about $30 per bottle. I find it hard to imagine that with their buying power they can't provide a drinkable wine with a cost around $10 which most restaurants would mark up to $30 a bottle. With the beverage packages being so popular there would be plenty of turnover and few opened bottles left unfinished, reducing waste.

Maybe no award winning vintages for sure, but at least have something besides Ripple.

OMO

bosco

I believe you can take that idea to the bank.

Just as soon as everyone gets used to the idea of the 3rd cheaper package, X will replace Classic with Standard. Whatever it takes to save money and make more money.

I'm wondering if this has been introduced as part of a bigger plan to replace the classic package with the standard package as the starting point of the BBB promo... Then they will have 2 upgrade opertuinitiys 🤑💵

Those are the key words. "(At least for now)" Eventually, the Standard Pkg is going to be the standard package that's given out with the Big Promotion. Classic will be given out with the Better promotion, and Premium will be given out with the Best promotion.

This was also just confirmed on their FB page. (At least for now!)

Based on the list Solstice still has molecular bar? Any idea when this will be changed to world class bar?

Just off Solstice, two page menu with some other specials available at molecular bar. Still molecular bar until the change over in February.

Some molecular favourites still available, some off the menu as well if you can remember for your favourite, plus some new ones.

Full review including menus to come within the week. Stay tuned!

• 1 month later...

I see this thread stopped early December.

Did Celebrity official ever reply to the queries regarding the Classic drinks package that came with the 123Go promotion last year.

We booked while were on board the Equinox last March expect to get the "Classic" package

This is all so crazy these drink packages. We are going on Constellation Feb 16, 2016 and have the Big Better Best promo on that cruise but already had a cruise booked on Equinox for November 2016 prior to booking the Feb cruise and got the 123 go promo. Both of our paperwork says classic beverage package. My wife will upgrade to premium. She's a martini lady. So will spend some time in the Martini bar.

So one of the sheets that were attached to a earlier email on this thread shows all the drinks. Is that a current list? I'm a crown royal drinker and on Celebrity's list there is no Seagrams 7, crown or Canadian club... So I'm hoping these will be part of the classic beverage package when I get onboard.

• 2 weeks later...
Only cheap blended Scotch in the Classic Package! Where is the Chivas and Glenfiddich that was there before? If correct, this is another bait and switch forcing people to up grade to the Premier package. I was promised decent Scotches when I booked with this package, I am very disappointed. Actually I am fed up of Celebrity changing the "rules" in the middle of the game. First, we lost an Island for overnights that most people don't want and now our Classic Package has been downgraded. I will take these factors into consideration when determining where my future vacation dollars will be going to.

janewe, fairly new here ... what do you mean by "lost an Island for overnights"?

As far as drink packages...I stated in an earlier post. I can see this being a total mess for the cruiser. Now 3 packages? Confusion I don't think so much by celebrity but for the cruiser? Yes. I guess I will find out in a couple weeks when we sail the constellation. We both have classic. Anything over $8 in a cocktail you pay full price not the difference. I am a whiskey drinker. Don't like weak drinks so I will post when we get back on how this went. I looked at some drink menus and very few drinks are $8. Could be a ploy by celebrity to get you to upgrade. But hey what's another $100 in the big picture. None of celebrity's lists on the packages are the same. The one on line is different than the one the rep sent in the last couple days. The list on this web site doesn't match the other 2. So just more confusion... 7 and 7's for me...I will figure out how to getter done..

As far as drink packages...I stated in an earlier post. I can see this being a total mess for the cruiser. Now 3 packages? Confusion I don't think so much by celebrity but for the cruiser? Yes. I guess I will find out in a couple weeks when we sail the constellation. We both have classic. Anything over $8 in a cocktail you pay full price not the difference. I am a whiskey drinker. Don't like weak drinks so I will post when we get back on how this went. I looked at some drink menus and very few drinks are $8. Could be a ploy by celebrity to get you to upgrade. But hey what's another $100 in the big picture. None of celebrity's lists on the packages are the same. The one on line is different than the one the rep sent in the last couple days. The list on this web site doesn't match the other 2. So just more confusion... 7 and 7's for me...I will figure out how to getter done..

If there is no Chivas, there is the possibility we drank their full supply during our recent two week Cruise on the Eclipse. Good luck that they have not discontinued it. If so, no other good options for Scotch in my opinion.

I'm thinking the BBB may be modified a little. The BBB will change to Big = Std Pkg, Better = Classic Pkg, and Best = Premium pkg.

I think you could be right... I thought this when the select package was first announced... [emoji848]

• 2 weeks later...
I'm thinking the BBB may be modified a little. The BBB will change to Big = Std Pkg, Better = Classic Pkg, and Best = Premium pkg.

Possibly when the BBB promotion is worldwide? I'm sure X did state it would stagger the introduction of the promotion through the various countries/continents over time.

I can't remember seeing ANY drinks or wine/glass under 6 USD... Are there any?

Onboard Constellation last month.

Noticed a sign for the "Standard" package.

Specifically looked at the wine list in the MDR.

Least expensive wine was $8 per glass........

Onboard Constellation last month.

Noticed a sign for the "Standard" package.

Specifically looked at the wine list in the MDR.

Least expensive wine was $8 per glass........

Interesting.... you can't have a glass of wine without paying full price...

Wonder how many that will buy a package on these terms?