Shuttle from west coast port to Disneyland

drommer

My wife and I are traveling on a seven day Mexican cruise in March. When we arrive back, we have decided to spend a few days in Disneyland. Does anyone know of a good shuttle service or are there taxis at the port that would take us there.

My wife and I are traveling on a seven day Mexican cruise in March. When we arrive back, we have decided to spend a few days in Disneyland. Does anyone know of a good shuttle service or are there taxis at the port that would take us there.

I think the main shuttle for the area is Super Shuttle.

However, if you plan to spend "a few days" at Disneyland, you really ought to relocate to a motel in Anaheim, or at least closer. The San Pedro port is nowhere near Disneyland, probably an hour away on a good day and really just a whole different world.

Jim

There are at least 3 nice Disney owned hotels at Disneyland, but just as close to the parks there are hotels and restaurants basically across the street. There is a Howard Johnson's (that is a step up from most of them), a Coco's restaurant, the original Mimi's cafe, etc. No need to pay Disney prices if what you want is clean and safe. There's even a McD's within easy walking distance. We made the mistake of paying Disney prices for a hotel the first time...totally not needed.

Super shuttle is the best way I know to get from the cruise terminal to anyplace near Disneyland. And definitely relocate. Do not try to stay near the terminal or the airport and visit Disney.

Do not try to stay near the terminal or the airport and visit Disney.
I agree. While it might not look like a long distance in miles, with traffic, you can double or triple the time you think it'll take. You'll spend too much time thinking, "Are we there yet?" Book a hotel near Disneyland and book SuperShuttle to take you to the hotel and then on to LAX to go home.

We went to Disneyland after our cruise in October 2014. Our first night after the cruise we stayed at the Crowne Plaza because that's what we always do but it was not necessary. We then relocated to our hotel near Disneyland using ExecuCar's point-to-point service (https://reservations.execucar.com/Default.aspx) where we stayed for three nights.

For our stay near Disneyland, we bid on Priceline and won the Marriott Suites Anaheim. The hotel had a Disneyland tourist representative for tickets/information and a low-cost shuttle to/from the park.

There may be cheaper ways to get from San Pedro to Anaheim but we have had great service with ExecuCar and you do not have to use a shared van with multiple stops.

I'm going to Disneyland after the Princess 50th Anniversary cruise and have decided to use UBER. I had a reservation with Prime Time Shuttle but my thinking was that UBER will cost less. We'll see what happens.

Tom😎

I just did a fare estimate from pier 93 to Anaheim Main Gate Inn and got an estimate from UBERX OF $40-53. I checked the Execucar and they want $128. Even the Uber XL is only $76-101 still less than Super Shuttle.

Tom😀

Wonderful Hotel with shuttle that now goes direct to Disney land $5 a day pp, Hotel can be had on Marriott web site for $99 a night on a pre pay.Garden Grove is the exact location.

The hotels right across from Disneyland are crap. DO NOT STAY THERE.

I have stayed at the Marriott suites many times. They also have a nice Breakfast buffet( extra)

Many of the hotels close to D'land have a rather steep "resort fee". Just be aware of it. If you go 2 miles south into Garden Grove you will avoid the fee. Anything on Harbor Blvd. will be DL-oriented and probably provide free shuttles.

Great Wolf Lodge is opening up soon in Garden Grove....if you have kids the waterpark may be ideal. Hope this helps!

Our experiences with PrimeTime Shuttle have been much better than with Super Shuttle. PrimeTime has a van that goes to Disneyland regularly. If you book online, you can get a discount: http://www.primetimeshuttle.com/

I wouldn't recommend a taxi. A few years ago, it was around $100 one way. :eek:

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

Just going to put my two cents in as a yearly Disneyland visitor. We stay at the Candy Cane Inn. It's right outside the gate (maybe 10 minute walk), has free wifi, free breakfast, free shuttle (if you are just too tired to walk back), is always clean and is very close to eateries and a 7 / 11.

Just going to put my two cents in as a yearly Disneyland visitor. We stay at the Candy Cane Inn. It's right outside the gate (maybe 10 minute walk), has free wifi, free breakfast, free shuttle (if you are just too tired to walk back), is always clean and is very close to eateries and a 7 / 11.

Wow. You got me curious so I did a mock reservation for a weekend in January. $169 seems expensive to me. I can stay at Embassy suites for less than that. Not outside the gate but they do have a Disneyland shuttle and all the rest.

Wow. You got me curious so I did a mock reservation for a weekend in January. $169 seems expensive to me. I can stay at Embassy suites for less than that. Not outside the gate but they do have a Disneyland shuttle and all the rest.

That Embassy Suites is really nice. Even the Marriott is only $99 a night. I'm sorry but I remember the Candy Cane Inn from when I was 3 yrs. old and I just can't imagine staying at that little ancient place. I guess it's just a matter of personal choice. We've been annual passport holders at Dland for many years but will stay at Cal. Adventure every once in awhile. Now THAT place is over-priced. You're paying for location and absolutely nothing else. :cool:

That Embassy Suites is really nice. Even the Marriott is only $99 a night. I'm sorry but I remember the Candy Cane Inn from when I was 3 yrs. old and I just can't imagine staying at that little ancient place. I guess it's just a matter of personal choice. We've been annual passport holders at Dland for many years but will stay at Cal. Adventure every once in awhile. Now THAT place is over-priced. You're paying for location and absolutely nothing else. :cool:

Yup, love the Embassy and the prices are usually pretty reasonable. We've been pass holders for many years as well. My DD made her husband get a part time job there for the benefits. She got married there.

They also got one of the last time shares for that resort so when we stay on site we stay there. For their 10 year anniversary she used it for the 3 bedroom double floor suite. Very nice. You need a lot of money to stay in that one. Funny, though. In the year before her stay she asked if we could pop in and take a look and it was always a no-go. Even the staff in the hotel, most have never seen it.

Did I miss something? The OP only asked about how to get to Disneyland (Anaheim) from the cruise port, not hotel advice. Or maybe there is another thread I am missing?

In any case, Uber is my first choice these days. I'll never use the standard PrimeTime or SuperShuttle shuttles again I've had too many issues over the years. Ironically ExecuCar from SuperShuttle is great. Zippy and Karmel are other good shuttle companies.

As to hotels, there are a lot of new ones in Anaheim that are walking distance from Disneyland so no way would I stay in Garden Grove, other than the Great Wolf Lodge when it opens.

The new hotels include The Courtyard Theme Park Entrance and next to it the Holiday Inn Express Anaheim Resort (Opening January 2016), the SpringHill Suites Anaheim Resort Convention Center, Hyatt Place Anaheim Convention Center and Homewood Suites Anaheim Convention Center.

Due to open in the next few months are the Hyatt House Anaheim Convention Center and Residence Inn Anaheim Convention Center.

Because of all the new hotels, many of the older properties (like the Candy Cane Inn) have done renovations and updates. The Best Western Plus Park Place Inn gets great reviews on TripAdvisor and is the closet hotel to the main gates. There are a half dozen more just like it with great ratings that are easily walkable.

Throw in the Disney Hotels (Grand Californian, Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel) plus the Anaheim Hilton, Marriott and Sheraton and there is zero reason to book a hotel NOT in walking distance.