P&O Loyalty Club

cruisebore

The only problem John is that the Ligurian launderette would have to be equipped with top of the range machines otherwise it may not get much use!:D

It's always interesting to see those with enough money to cruise many times a year, often in the most expensive suites, wanting perks and freebies that those of us who are not so fortunate have to pay for. :rolleyes: I will now take shelter from the flak coming my way:)

Can I just say, thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have to agree with you. For me the free laundry I receive on Princess makes my holiday.I hate having to queue for a machine, queue for a drier and then queue for an iron. A holiday without having to do laundry is indeed wonderful:):):):)

Oh God, I don't do laundry on holiday. Quite happy to take it home with me and yes that includes a 30 day cruise. I might have washed out my underwear but that's it.

Oh God, I don't do laundry on holiday. Quite happy to take it home with me and yes that includes a 30 day cruise. I might have washed out my underwear but that's it.

I am with you on this Jean, holidays are definitely NOT for doing laundry. On Princess I do send non-delicate / inexpensive things to the laundry on board because it is free but otherwise I bring it home.

Thought I was going to be on my own there! for next week, once I have counted out 19 pairs of knickers, I will be happy! LOL

I am always amazed when I walk by the laundry and there are loads of people in there. Nope, tried it once in my early days, never again. What a lot of bitchy people!

Edited by jeanlyon

My first and last experience was popping in there to see what was there after a week in the Fjords - saw a couple both busy ironing. They had spent the entire last day doing all their washing and ironing and had it all on hangers ready to take home and put away in the wardrobe. They were really pleased with themselves, whereas to me, that was a total waste of my last day's holiday.

When I went in there, all the machines were being used except one that said "Out of Order". While I chatted to a lady doing her ironing, a another lady arrived, removed the Out of Order sign, put her washing in, set it in motion and left with the sign.!!

Well surely that's the attraction of free laundry! Just pop it all in a bag, hand it to the steward and it comes back the following day on hangers all clean and pressed ready for packing! no need to spend time in the launderette and no need to spend days washing and ironing after the cruise.:)

When I went in there, all the machines were being used except one that said "Out of Order". While I chatted to a lady doing her ironing, a another lady arrived, removed the Out of Order sign, put her washing in, set it in motion and left with the sign.!!

What a great idea, I must make myself one for my next cruise.:rolleyes:;)

I must admit I take 2hours doing my laundry on the last day as I am back to work the next day and it is usually raining and I don't want it hanging around the house plus my live at home adult kids boys and a lazy daughter in law have forgotten how to use the washing machine.

Since we were last on Arcadia all of the machines have been replaced so they are super quick (still effective) and there is better aircon in there. I went in to wash a few items this week and there were no fights!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

were you on a cruise or just popped in with your washing?