P&O Loyalty Club

cruisebore

The Peninsular Club is being reviewed in Summer 2016 or possibly earlier. They are looking at various things one contentious thing is the more you pay for your cruise the more loyalty to the club you get. So if you cruise once a year in a suite costing £10,000 they will be classified as more loyal than somebody that books say 5 cruises in an inside cabin during the same period but costing less than £10000 they will be classified as less loyal towards Club benefits. This idea is not a done deal but something being looked at and they say a questionnaire with differing ideas will be sent out to past cruisers for feedback in the new year.

that looks a reasonable approach, they have a larger profit margin on more expensive cabins and maybe people in expensive cabins have a higher onboard spend. It is all driven by profit.

The Peninsular Club is being reviewed in Summer 2016 or possibly earlier. They are looking at various things one contentious thing is the more you pay for your cruise the more loyalty to the club you get. So if you cruise once a year in a suite costing £10,000 they will be classified as more loyal than somebody that books say 5 cruises in an inside cabin during the same period but costing less than £10000 they will be classified as less loyal towards Club benefits. This idea is not a done deal but something being looked at and they say a questionnaire with differing ideas will be sent out to past cruisers for feedback in the new year.

I would agree with giving more points per night for higher grade cabins but the rewards have to be worth having and at the moment they are not.

Incidentally Celebrity give extra points for booking higher grade cabins :-

1 point per night

1 extra point per night for cruises over 12 nights

1 extra point per night for Concierge Balcony and above cabin

Double points for solo traveller in double cabin.

Edited by bee-ess

I have no opinion really on how to improve the Loyalty scheme.... It doesn't affect me as I am still a very low tier (Pacific) and it will be ages before I qualify for significant benefits more than my 5% and Peninsular Club offers on certain cruises which I get at the moment.

What about someone who books 5 cruises per year in a suite?

What about someone who books 5 cruises per year in a suite?

Dai you have just gone and got a spoon haven't you, just to stir up the waters.

Have to say if the marvellous Celebrity (from all the posting on that other thread on how wonderful all the other were at boarding) gives you extra points for longer cruises and extra points on top of that for higher grade cabins I will not complain.

I am nowhere near Caribbean by the way....I checked this morning....Another 2-3 years cruising I think....

Dai you have just gone and got a spoon haven't you, just to stir up the waters.

Have to say if the marvellous Celebrity (from all the posting on that other thread on how wonderful all the other were at boarding) gives you extra points for longer cruises and extra points on top of that for higher grade cabins I will not complain.

I am nowhere near Caribbean by the way....I checked this morning....Another 2-3 years cruising I think....

Me? Stir? As if?

It's all true. :) :) ;)

Or is it? :)

We are Caribbean tier and the benefits we get certainly do not mean that we would choose a P and O cruise O.over any other.....in fact we get far more perks with Princess even though we have cruised much less with them.

I have always thought that perks should be awarded on money spent rather than nights booked....why should someone spending 1000 pounds on a cruise get the same benefits as someone who paid say 8000 pounds for the same cruise? :confused:

I wish they would give double points for a solo traveller in a double cabin, given that we pay almost double!

However, I am just fearful that they will knock me back down again just as I reach Caribbean tier; I'd have been there long ago with double points for double fare!

If they do, it will be the end of the line with them for me.

A lot of the discussion here seems to relate to people booking and on what basis and how many points you will get as a result.

Why is no discussion taking place on the important issues like proper quality slippers, not cardboard sole types and bath robes of varying colours with maybe azure blue being at the pinnacle?

regards John

You know it sort of begs the question. Does it depend on how much you spend or how many nights you cruise for. We are inside cabin bookers. I can't see the point of spending more than we need. We don't spend any time in our cabin, we like to be out and about enjoying the ship. However, if they change the loyalty points, it won't bother me.

Edited by jeanlyon