P&O Loyalty Club

cruisebore

We're not saver bookers but I agree with you John. Personally I think the system should be based on cabin/suite spend. Just as an example, a spend of say £500 would attract 5 points and say £5000, 50 points. Points could then be redeemed for a variety of goodies, 1e internet, bottle of fizz even the Peninsular lunch. You pay your money and take your choice.

Bal

I disagree, I don't see how buying a Suite makes you more loyal than buying an inside cabin.

I disagree, I don't see how buying a Suite makes you more loyal than buying an inside cabin.

Okay, so we both shop at Sainsbury's, you spend more than me as you have a big family! So, you get a lot more nectar points than I do so that gives you more reward cash than me. Does that make me less of a loyal Sainsbury customer than you, of course not. It just means you spend more with them and therefore get more rewards. The same applies to the P&O loyalty club, the more you spend the more rewards you should get. bee-rss it does not mean you are less loyal.

Bal

Okay, so we both shop at Sainsbury's, you spend more than me as you have a big family! So, you get a lot more nectar points than I do so that gives you more reward cash than me. Does that make me less of a loyal Sainsbury customer than you, of course not. It just means you spend more with them and therefore get more rewards. The same applies to the P&O loyalty club, the more you spend the more rewards you should get. bee-rss it does not mean you are less loyal.

Bal

So perhaps then it should be called P&O Rewards Club instead of P&O Loyalty Club.

Oh dear. Had me first Caribbean Tier lunch last month. Really enjoyed it. If my benefits are suddnly taken away I'll abandon P and O. If they remain, I will in time reach 5000 points. Up to you P and O.

No one has said that have they?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Bal

Thank you for explaining that - but that is a reward card that is based on your spend which is different from the P&O loyalty system. You would like to change the P&O system that is based on loyalty (amount of nights spent on board) to a rewards system based on amount spent because it suits your situation. You are implying that someone who has cruised with P&O over a long period of time and racked up the required nights to move up the tiers but in lower grade cabins should receive less because they have spent less. This has never been the basis of the P&O loyalty system.

Edited by bee-ess

I hope they don't change anything, because every time something changes it creates winners and losers, and nobody should feel they've lost out!

If they do anything they would have to add things to the top end perhaps a new top tier at 4000 or 5000.

But everyone else getting what they get now.

Just as a matter of interest, the most travelled passengers on our Emerald Princess cruise in June had sailed 2286 days on 185 voyages!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There going to win most times they cruise.

We have been on a cruise with people who won't with over 2000 days on P&O and they looked younger than us. !!!! I suspect that they have done a number of world cruises.

On my previous Emerald Princess cruise there was a couple from Glasgow who had over 2000 days, they got on in May and were getting off in August. I guess they won the most travelled passenger party for all of those cruises.

There going to win most times they cruise.

We have been on a cruise with people who won't with over 2000 days on P&O and they looked younger than us. !!!! I suspect that they have done a number of world cruises.

Don't worry, apparently you get younger the more cruises you do. Also according to a well known TV cruise show presenter, there are no calories at sea!!!!;)

We miss the free internet, laundry and mini bar and invite to the captains party we received on Princess :-)

I have to agree with you. For me the free laundry I receive on Princess makes my holiday.I hate having to queue for a machine, queue for a drier and then queue for an iron. A holiday without having to do laundry is indeed wonderful:):):):)

I have to agree with you. For me the free laundry I receive on Princess makes my holiday.I hate having to queue for a machine, queue for a drier and then queue for an iron. A holiday without having to do laundry is indeed wonderful:):):):)

My ultimate dream is for P&O to provide free laundry to Baltic members. I'd book a world cruise immediately!!!:D

My ultimate dream is for P&O to provide free laundry to Baltic members. I'd book a world cruise immediately!!!:D

Why don't they simply have launderettes dedicated to each tier instead of the general laundry rooms they currently have? I think a lot of top loyalty level cruisers would DIY if they knew they were in a Ligurian facility where you knew everybody had class underwear and a concierge attendant that could get one drinks.

Lol John

We have just returned from a cruise on Emerald Princess as Elite level passengers where we really felt valued enjoying our 250 minutes each free internet, free mini bar (which can be swapped for coffee cards or water or non alcoholic drinks) , free laundry/dry-cleaning,10% in the shops, etc etc.

We will be on Arcadia next month as Baltic level passengers where really the only perk is 10% off the on board spend .....but only after any obc has been used up.

How much would it cost P and O to give free internet to higher level passengers????? I suspect nothing!

We have just returned from a cruise on Emerald Princess as Elite level passengers where we really felt valued enjoying our 250 minutes each free internet, free mini bar (which can be swapped for coffee cards or water or non alcoholic drinks) , free laundry/dry-cleaning,10% in the shops, etc etc.

We will be on Arcadia next month as Baltic level passengers where really the only perk is 10% off the on board spend .....but only after any obc has been used up.

How much would it cost P and O to give free internet to higher level passengers????? I suspect nothing!

I agree. On Cunard we are Platinum and I think we get four fours of free internet each, per voyage. We do like to keep in touch with the family while away and would really appreciate it if P&O introduced such an internet package

Why don't they simply have launderettes dedicated to each tier instead of the general laundry rooms they currently have? I think a lot of top loyalty level cruisers would DIY if they knew they were in a Ligurian facility where you knew everybody had class underwear and a concierge attendant that could get one drinks.

Lol John

The only problem John is that the Ligurian launderette would have to be equipped with top of the range machines otherwise it may not get much use!:D

It's always interesting to see those with enough money to cruise many times a year, often in the most expensive suites, wanting perks and freebies that those of us who are not so fortunate have to pay for. :rolleyes: I will now take shelter from the flak coming my way:)

The only problem John is that the Ligurian launderette would have to be equipped with top of the range machines otherwise it may not get much use!:D

It's always interesting to see those with enough money to cruise many times a year, often in the most expensive suites, wanting perks and freebies that those of us who are not so fortunate have to pay for. :rolleyes: I will now take shelter from the flak coming my way:)

Why would I as a Baltic member want to do my own washing? You don't have a dog and bark yourself!!!!:cool:

The Peninsular Club is being reviewed in Summer 2016 or possibly earlier. They are looking at various things one contentious thing is the more you pay for your cruise the more loyalty to the club you get. So if you cruise once a year in a suite costing £10,000 they will be classified as more loyal than somebody that books say 5 cruises in an inside cabin during the same period but costing less than £10000 they will be classified as less loyal towards Club benefits. This idea is not a done deal but something being looked at and they say a questionnaire with differing ideas will be sent out to past cruisers for feedback in the new year.

This was how it worked on HAL ships 3 years ago. With that in mind it sounds like another Carnival decision to me.

Only did one with HAL all others have been with P&O

Why would I as a Baltic member want to do my own washing? You don't have a dog and bark yourself!!!!:cool:

Not sure about this but I agree. Getting concerned.