P&O Loyalty Club

cruisebore

I wish they would give double points for a solo traveller in a double cabin, given that we pay almost double!

However, I am just fearful that they will knock me back down again just as I reach Caribbean tier; I'd have been there long ago with double points for double fare!

If they do, it will be the end of the line with them for me.

that was my point Clodia.....it would be fairer if points were given for money spent rather than nights cruised. :)

Yes! Reward the heavy drinkers and the gamblers.

I am neither but I wouldn't criticise as the cruiseline has to make money somewhere.

I'll never forget the couple we were sat with on one cruise who had an inside saver and bragged about spending no money - water with dinner, no trips. We often bumped into them around the ship looking miserable

The bottom line is as far as the company accountants are concerned the important thing is ...........the bottom line ;)

therefore a loyalty system based on how much you spend, be it in fares or onboard is logical :)

they simply return to you a tiny percentage of what you spend, in the form of perks.

I am neither but I wouldn't criticise as the cruiseline has to make money somewhere.

I'll never forget the couple we were sat with on one cruise who had an inside saver and bragged about spending no money - water with dinner, no trips. We often bumped into them around the ship looking miserable

You are missing the point. This thread is about the Loyalty Scheme so I wasn't criticising. People can spend or not spend their money however they want. The point is that you cannot differentiate between money spent whether its on the basic cruise price or on alcohol. Its still expenditure.

I think the existing scheme based on nights on board is best. Its the rewards that need looked at.

You are missing the point. This thread is about the Loyalty Scheme so I wasn't criticising. People can spend or not spend their money however they want. The point is that you cannot differentiate between money spent whether its on the basic cruise price or on alcohol. Its still expenditure.

I think the existing scheme based on nights on board is best. Its the rewards that need looked at.

I suspect that they will indeed make the rewards better but the improvement will be for the top end and that will change by awarding points for better cabins and possibly on board spending.

Because of the numbers of cruisers at the higher levels they have in some way to stretch the scheme with the top levels starting at say 5000 points and not 2500. Those on Caribbean now would not loose out as they would get what they have now and those above will get the new benefits.

Of course it will cause mayhem on social media.

I think it probably needs to be even higher than 5000 points. We are always amazed how many people are at the top tier lunch.

On Oriana last Christmas there were 2 Ligurian / Baltic lunches held and 3 Caribbean lunches.

I think it probably needs to be even higher than 5000 points. We are always amazed how many people are at the top tier lunch.

On Oriana last Christmas there were 2 Ligurian / Baltic lunches held and 3 Caribbean lunches.

And I heard you were at all 5. :) :) :)

I suspect it is more likely to be like HAL's loyalty scheme which is a combination of nights on board together with spend.

Could well be Sharon, but whatever they do someone will not like it.

And I heard you were at all 5. :) :) :)

Unfortunately not but our table was hosted by the Captain and his wife.

I enjoy the posh lunch but still would not stop me cruising with P & O if taken away.

When are you next on board Dai. We must meet some day with all the cruises with P & O we do between us.

Sue

Unfortunately not but our table was hosted by the Captain and his wife.

I enjoy the posh lunch but still would not stop me cruising with P & O if taken away.

When are you next on board Dai. We must meet some day with all the cruises with P & O we do between us.

Sue

Not for ages and ages, it has to be well.......... 6 weeks.

Not for ages and ages, it has to be well.......... 6 weeks.

12 days for us then not for 10 weeks after that. How will we cope lol. Just time to lose the weight to get back into my dresses. Lol.

Have a great cruise.

12 days for us then not for 10 weeks after that. How will we cope lol. Just time to lose the weight to get back into my dresses. Lol.

Have a great cruise.

Ditto, as well also. :)

• 9 months later...
I've always thought that they shouldn't give loyalty points on saver fares.

The reality is that if you book a saver fare you are being loyal by booking with P&O cruise line. In practice it might be better to rate the points you get by booking saver at a lower allocation, half points or whatever.

Regards John

The reality is that if you book a saver fare you are being loyal by booking with P&O cruise line. In practice it might be better to rate the points you get by booking saver at a lower allocation, half points or whatever.

Regards John

We're not saver bookers but I agree with you John. Personally I think the system should be based on cabin/suite spend. Just as an example, a spend of say £500 would attract 5 points and say £5000, 50 points. Points could then be redeemed for a variety of goodies, 1e internet, bottle of fizz even the Peninsular lunch. You pay your money and take your choice.

Bal