Somewhat live on the Pacific Princess 50th Anniversary Cruise

ibfern

We got home several hours ago from this fantastic cruise. We loved every minute of it! We loved the ship which we had never been on; loved our mini-suite; loved our steward and waiters; loved Sammi and the entertainment staff; loved the food in the main dining room as well as both specialty dining rooms. We had great service throughout and had no laundry problems. We drank way more tequila than we ever have on a Mexican Riviera cruise (could have contributed to our love of this particular cruise) but we also did some excursions that we hadn't done before (Las Caletas during the day in PV, Las Hadas Resort in Manzanillo and Las Flores Resort in Mazatlan). We also purchased the wine card in the dining room and got a good deal on the wine we purchased at dinner. Oscar, the maitre'd, was very helpful in moving us to a private table for 2 on the first day and we appreciated that effort very much.

Unbelievable good time! The stars were everywhere which was nice, but I was uncomfortable approaching them to ask for pictures or to chat but it was obvious that they were very generous with their time and energy. Also, they were mostly in mini-suites on the 8th floor. I could see their names as I walked down the hall.

This cruise has definitely made me interested in sailing on the Pacific again. What a great ship!

The only disappointment for us was that an excursion was cancelled in La Paz due to bad weather (too much wind), but that's not the ship's fault and gives us another reason to go back.

My hope would be that there is a 14 day Mexican Riviera itinerary added - maybe only once or twice a year - which would include Manzanillo and perhaps another overnight in PV. We would love to go do this itinerary again! ;) And if Princess added some Pacific Princess itineraries on the West Coast, we would love it!:)

Anyway, Thank you, Princess for such a wonderful time. Now, back to real life and not having a steward. :(

Hated getting off our "Love Boat".

Wish I had been reading all along but too busy having so much fun.

I have only read the first weeks worth of posts so far.

Was totally upset by some of the awful posts regarding service and food. In fact the Dining room staff read it too and asked about it.

I asked too and the person who posted said it wasn't her as she loved the service. We had 15people with two tables. Most nights we switched couples so we could take turns dining with everyone. There were two sets of waiters(different for each table)All were exceptional. Food, out of this world. We aren't dieting on that cruise and tried everything. Many of us asked for special foods, prepared our way and got it. Also we had huge bowls of special ordered veggies each night too.

The staff on the cruise made this so memorable I can't even describe how far it exceded our expectations.

The special luncheon for CC. The incredible talents in the shows.

The way the Love Boat cast mingled. Speaking of which , we arrived at 10:00am in the terminal. The Love Boat people were posing with any of us that wanted pictures.

One day at sailaway(our group always sings on our balconies the Love Boat theme), we went to a friends balcony. She was next door to Jack Jones on one side and Jill Whelan on the other. Our group of 8 was singing and Jack Jones came over and joined us as well as Jill Whelan. And by the way we saw name tags on the doors of all the entertainers on deck 8. And this was still there by end of cruise. These guys all mingled with us the whole cruise. Lots of interesting conversations with them and their spouses.I can't imagine disturbing any of them but possibly that could have happened. I just never heard about it from them or any staff members.

Loved the little ship. You could stand in one place and see everyone you know walk by. Had so many friends and previous cruisers on this ship and that made it even more special.

I am in "Love" with "The Love Boat".

I have to thank Princess for making this our cruise of a Lifetime.

san diego sue:D:D:D:D

hated getting off our "love boat".

Wish i had been reading all along but too busy having so much fun.

Was totally upset by some of the awful posts regarding service and food. In fact the dining room staff read it too and asked about it.

I asked too and the person who posted said it wasn't her as she loved the service. We had 15people with two tables. Most nights we switched couples so we could take turns dining with everyone. There were two sets of waiters(different for each table)all were exceptional. Food, out of this world. We aren't dieting on that cruise and tried everything. Many of us asked for special foods, prepared our way and got it. Also we had huge bowls of special ordered veggies each night too.

The staff on the cruise made this so memorable i can't even describe how far it exceded our expectations.

The special luncheon for cc. The incredible talents in the shows.

The way the love boat cast mingled. Speaking of which , we arrived at 10:00am in the terminal. The love boat people were posing with any of us that wanted pictures.

One day at sailaway(our group always sings on our balconies the love boat theme), we went to a friends balcony. She was next door to jack jones on one side and jill whelan on the other. Our group of 8 was singing and jack jones came over and joined us as well as jill whelan. And by the way we saw name tags on the doors of all the entertainers on deck 8. And this was still there by end of cruise. These guys all mingled with us the whole cruise. Lots of interesting conversations with them and their spouses.i can't imagine disturbing any of them but possibly that could have happened. I just never heard about it from them or any staff members.

Loved the little ship. You could stand in one place and see everyone you know walk by. Had so many friends and previous cruisers on this ship and that made it even more special.

I am in "love" with "the love boat".

I have to thank princess for making this our cruise of a lifetime.

San diego sue:d:d:d:d

ditto!!!! :) :) :)

Hated getting off our "Love Boat".

Wish I had been reading all along but too busy having so much fun.

Was totally upset by some of the awful posts regarding service and food. In fact the Dining room staff read it too and asked about it.

I asked too and the person who posted said it wasn't her as she loved the service. We had 15people with two tables. Most nights we switched couples so we could take turns dining with everyone. There were two sets of waiters(different for each table)All were exceptional. Food, out of this world. We aren't dieting on that cruise and tried everything. Many of us asked for special foods, prepared our way and got it. Also we had huge bowls of special ordered veggies each night too.

The staff on the cruise made this so memorable I can't even describe how far it exceded our expectations.

The special luncheon for CC. The incredible talents in the shows.

The way the Love Boat cast mingled. Speaking of which , we arrived at 10:00am in the terminal. The Love Boat people were posing with any of us that wanted pictures.

One day at sailaway(our group always sings on our balconies the Love Boat theme), we went to a friends balcony. She was next door to Jack Jones on one side and Jill Whelan on the other. Our group of 8 was singing and Jack Jones came over and joined us as well as Jill Whelan. And by the way we saw name tags on the doors of all the entertainers on deck 8. And this was still there by end of cruise. These guys all mingled with us the whole cruise. Lots of interesting conversations with them and their spouses.I can't imagine disturbing any of them but possibly that could have happened. I just never heard about it from them or any staff members.

I am in "Love" with "The Love Boat".

I have to thank Princess for making this our cruise of a Lifetime.

san diego sue:D:D:D:D

Gloria & Lew, so happy that this cruise was so wonderful for all who sailed. Yes, of course staff read some of the awful (trash) posts that are posted here and make all of us look bad!

As everyone has read the Caribbean Princess was a day late getting back from our Thanksgiving Cruise which was amazing for our entire family. While sitting in the IC with a fantastic staff member (we were on a b/b) he told us of a post already on our thread and I was so upset. Everyone was compensated and no one can control the weather, it happens!

Thanks for the taking the time to post reviews. It's great to hear that the wonderful crew and the entertainment on the Pacific Princess made this cruise special for you.

Was totally upset by some of the awful posts regarding service and food. In fact the Dining room staff read it too and asked about it. I asked too and the person who posted said it wasn't her as she loved the service.

To be fair, there was more than one negative comment made by more than one person. But I'm confused. Are you saying someone's CC account got hacked and someone else was using their name to post? That's a scary thought.

We, too, love that little ship, and would happily cruise all of our future cruises on it. But it's left us with a conundrum...do we cruise that ship regardless of itinerary or choose an itinerary over the ship? First world problem for sure!

Dinner last night was awful and frankly it was awful the night before as well but I figured the first night is always crazy for the staff but they usually have it together by night two. This was not the case. Our waiter has never introduced himself to us, never makes recommendations for what to order, and we sat for an hour before we had our orders taken. Then of course it's rush, rush, rush and we are asked to leave while eating our desserts! Terrible service, the worst I've ever had on any ship.

The food itself is horrible, bland, rubbery chicken, and we never get what we order. I ask for chicken breast and get dark meat. I ask for no sauce on the food and it comes soaked in sauce. I ask for light salad dressing on the side but the salad comes soaked in dressing, and I am pretty sure it's not the low cal stuff. It seems our waiters ignore our requests. After asking the head waiter, I still got the wrong food! OMG what is going on here? I was truly expecting a higher class of food but instead the food is the worst I've ever had on Princess. And everything is saturated with salt, yucky table salt. I was kosher salt, come on Princess what is going on here?

Ok today is a new day, maybe something will change. Fingers crossed.

That's very concerning. Is this the post that was not made by the OP? Because it is quite specific and lengthy in terms of her complaints. I read through the thread again and couldn't find any other post that could possibly have upset the dining staff. So if the OP didn't post this, it causes me concern that someone ELSE can post on CC under our names! :eek:

But that aside, it sounds like ALMOST all of you had a great time. I'm glad as this cruise was booked solid for a long time so the anticipation must have been huge! :)

That's very concerning. Is this the post that was not made by the OP? Because it is quite specific and lengthy in terms of her complaints. I read through the thread again and couldn't find any other post that could possibly have upset the dining staff. So if the OP didn't post this' date=' it causes me concern that someone ELSE can post on CC under our names! :eek:

But that aside, it sounds like ALMOST all of you had a great time. I'm glad as this cruise was booked solid for a long time so the anticipation must have been huge! :)[/quote']

You read it correctly. I think dieting on a cruise may make one a bit grumpy from time to time. ;)

Thanks for the taking the time to post reviews. It's great to hear that the wonderful crew and the entertainment on the Pacific Princess made this cruise special for you.

To be fair, there was more than one negative comment made by more than one person. But I'm confused. Are you saying someone's CC account got hacked and someone else was using their name to post? That's a scary thought.

We, too, love that little ship, and would happily cruise all of our future cruises on it. But it's left us with a conundrum...do we cruise that ship regardless of itinerary or choose an itinerary over the ship? First world problem for sure!

I posted my review. Maybe it will offer some insight. (Maybe not.) The ship was as beautiful as I remembered her, and I hope desperately that Princess doesn't sell her.

I also had a fantastic time. The crew were all great and the Love Boat cast were everywhere. They all were so friendly with everyone and most of the time were just acting like regular passengers taking tours etc. Ted Lange was playing trivia and dancing, Doc sure is good at one liners, Gavin was great telling many stories, and I even saw Jill Whelan doing her Christmas cards in the lobby one day.

Just a fantastic cruise overall. Loved the ports and sure hope that Princess keeps a small ship in the fleet.

No the person that posted service was bad later said she didn't know anything about it when I asked who posted. Had I been reading her Live would have seen she did post it. Later she posted service was better.No one hacked anything. Where in the world do some of you come up with such nonsense. She didn't want to admit to her friends that it was her live post that did that and the Maitre'D read it. Enough said.

No the person that posted service was bad later said she didn't know anything about it when I asked who posted. Had I been reading her Live would have seen she did post it. Later she posted service was better.No one hacked anything. Where in the world do some of you come up with such nonsense. She didn't want to admit to her friends that it was her live post that did that and the Maitre'D read it. Enough said.

No offence meant. But the OP's complaints were quite passionate and explicit - not something you could forget posting. So one could only assume someone posted under her name without her knowledge. As you say, enough said :)

I also hope that Princess doesn't sell the Pacific. I plan to sail on the 75th Anniversary cruise on her :). Seriously, though, my hubby and I would like to cruise again on her on a more "normal" cruise because we enjoyed the cabins and the size of the whole ship. The crew was really wonderful, too.

I will say, though, that I'm still rocking and rolling from the trip (which makes for interesting yoga) ;)

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience at dinner. We had the second sitting and maybe that makes a difference but never had any problems with waiter or any of the wait staff. As to the food it was much better than our two previous cruises. And that food was plain awful. I still think it needs improvement but felt it was getting better. Went to the Sterling Steak House two nights. Excellent food and service. Hope you have a better dining experience on your next cruise.

That's very concerning. Is this the post that was not made by the OP? Because it is quite specific and lengthy in terms of her complaints. I read through the thread again and couldn't find any other post that could possibly have upset the dining staff. So if the OP didn't post this' date=' it causes me concern that someone ELSE can post on CC under our names! :eek:

But that aside, it sounds like ALMOST all of you had a great time. I'm glad as this cruise was booked solid for a long time so the anticipation must have been huge! :)[/quote']

I posted that post, nobody hacked me. I had two nights of terrible meals, that was my experience, but that ended quickly and for the rest of the cruise we had great service. I think we did not have the same waiters, for one thing, but in all honesty I did have those two yucky nights and then it ended.

Would you prefer me to lie and say things were great when they weren't?

Oh I didn't realize that you were referring to me Gloria, why didn't you just say the princess people were upset with my post? So would you rather me not post my negative comments? I didn't notice you posting anything, and the Internet was fantastic all the time. Huh.

I like to write from MY experience, it the most honest way I can write because I don't think about offending staff, I am here to inform. If you want an "all good" read why don't you start one?

I really had bad service in the beginning, I called it a glich and once that was worked through (I guess thanks to my honest post) the food and service was fabulous. Instead of seeing my posts as negative, one could also view it as valuable feedback. Which staff exactly was bummed out about my posts anyway???

I posted that post, nobody hacked me. I had two nights of terrible meals, that was my experience, but that ended quickly and for the rest of the cruise we had great service. I think we did not have the same waiters, for one thing, but in all honesty I did have those two yucky nights and then it ended.

Would you prefer me to lie and say things were great when they weren't?

Not at all. The point was whether you actually said it or not.

How unfortunate that you had an immensely bad experience, but luckily it wasn't experienced again by you or others on board. After the anticipation and excitement for this cruise, it would have been disappointing if everyone experienced what you posted.

Edited by High C's

Maybe I can help to clear up the chicken fiasco (sounds like a Curtis Stone dish :p). One night there was a roast chicken dish on the menu. It had some dark meat and a sauce, almost like a dark gravy. Of course, on the other side of the menu was the Always Available chicken which is a breast and can (and often is) served without the light sauce. I can see how a waiter might get confused and think someone ordering "the chicken" would want the roasted stuff with the gravy. Just an idea. Amelia was on a diet throughout the cruise, and I imagine that impacted her enjoyment of the food in general. Well, it would impact mine, so I wouldn't go on a cruise while dieting. But that's just me. :D I found the food in the dining room to be the best I've had on a Princess ship, consistently.

Amelia, The Maitre"D mentioned it the third day of cruise. I guess he wanted to make it right and asked us who posted it.

Both Joyce and I asked you (since we weren't reading your live) and you said you would never do that. I agree you should be honest and post what was your experience. What we couldn't understand was you saying you never would do that.

By the way I didn't mention your name in my post.

Also I know that readers of your Live were very appreciative in your taking time to post and let all these people who couldn't get on the cruise enjoy it through you. I don't post on Lives because I preserve my minutes for family stuff and needed to be in touch constantly as I have a very sick family member. So please don't critisize me for not posting on your Live. I have enough problems without being attacked for it.Once home, I offer my opinions. For us, a trip of a lifetime.

Edited by san diego sue