Somewhat live on the Pacific Princess 50th Anniversary Cruise

ibfern

DW is a coffee drinker and she thought the coffee from syrup was pretty good. She usually uses a coffee card for fresh brewed coffee but didn't need it on this cruise. On the galley tour I saw a couple of Nescafé Alegria V-Cafe machines so at least on the Pacific the Princess coffee must be made from Nescafé concentrate.

I also found the coffee okay. Used my coffee card when convenient but mostly for Capuchinos or frozen Mochas. At dinner and at the buffet, the syrup coffee was fine.

Loved those frozen Mochas. Irving the bartender made the best ones.

We asked Irving how he got his name, after all Irving is really not a Mexican sounding name. He said his Mom liked the name. My husband spoke Spanish to him and he really was surprised. My husband's College learned Spanish was pretty good.

Near the beginning of this thread, someone mentioned there was a Q & A with the Love Boat celebrities, and it was interesting to hear about the twists and turns their lives took. I would love to know about some of those twists and turns. Can anyone that was at the Q & A tell us a little about that? I hope it was all good!

We asked Irving how he got his name, after all Irving is really not a Mexican sounding name. He said his Mom liked the name. My husband spoke Spanish to him and he really was surprised. My husband's College learned Spanish was pretty good.

Did you meet Raymel, the bartender from the Philippines? That's a different name too, and I could never remember it until he told me it's from his father's name, Raymond, and his mother, Melia. After that I never forgot it.

Did you meet Raymel, the bartender from the Philippines? That's a different name too, and I could never remember it until he told me it's from his father's name, Raymond, and his mother, Melia. After that I never forgot it.
Yes, Raymel was in the Pacific Lounge. We had him several times. Thought he was very friendly and helpful.

Can anyone confirm if the Love Boat crew members were playing trivia regularly? Although I was there, I really wasn't paying attention to that sort of thing, except seeing Ted Lange come in once with his tablet, but I thought he sat in one of those two-seat tables by the window and wasn't playing.

Can anyone confirm if the Love Boat crew members were playing trivia regularly? Although I was there, I really wasn't paying attention to that sort of thing, except seeing Ted Lange come in once with his tablet, but I thought he sat in one of those two-seat tables by the window and wasn't playing.

I can confirm he did not want to join in when asked, preferring to spend time with his coloring book and crayons.

I did a review of the cruise and its is published here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=521398&et_cid=2531924&et_rid=10432079&et_referrer=Boards_Million_Member_Newsub

Hope everybody has had a Merry Xmas and is planning a great New years ever celebration. I know that I am going to REST since I fell off my grandson's hoverboard! I learned how to ride it inside clutching onto the walls of the kitchen, then when I thought I could I got on it outside--I was showing off and wanted my grandson Drew to think his grandma was a cool chick, so much for that! I'm done with showing off, LOL!

• 2 weeks later...
anybody headed that way?. We live in Fort Lauderdale but are boarding the Pacific Princess to Sydney and on to Hong Kong in Los Angeles 1/20 have not been able to find a meet and greet list or any potential passengers for that mortgage. Anybody else headed that direction?

Capt Scott

There is a hugr roll call for this cruise, but it's under the World Cruise. Are you on for the whole cruise or just some segments? Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2061034

anybody headed that way?. We live in Fort Lauderdale but are boarding the Pacific Princess to Sydney and on to Hong Kong in Los Angeles 1/20 have not been able to find a meet and greet list or any potential passengers for that voyage. Anybody else headed that direction?

Capt Scott

Try

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=48718051#post48718051