Somewhat live on the Pacific Princess 50th Anniversary Cruise

ibfern

omg!

I know. Remember her? LOL.

We went in to LaPaz yesterday. Had some delicious shrimp tacos at a restaurant on the Malacon. We walked through a flea market, very much like our local swap meets at home. Weather was beautiful. Sunny not hot. We took the shuttle bus back to the ship. Had to wait rather a long time for it. I guess I must have gotten the newer improved steps up to the ship. They were shallow steps, maybe three inches tall. I usually think of that kind of thing as a ramp with small steps. They took a lady in a wheelchair up them right before us. Maybe they changed the ramps out after Amelia's accident. Fortunately we got back unscathed and spent the rest of the time in port on my favorite back deck. ImageUploadedByForums1450111090.420980.jpg.7401786937b11c4be5ce65d04deef775.jpg

In the morning we watched some sea lions from our balcony. They were diving under the water and coming up with fish. Then they would fling the fish across the surface and Pelicans would get them and eat them. It was the most astounding thing.

Amelia, don't worry about your medical bill on board. Your medical insurance at home should cover it. We filed a claim with ours when we got back and they covered it all. Hope each day has you healing!!

Yes they will and just be sure to get something from the ship doctor before you leave along with the written bill.

Amelia,

There will be a doctor's bill (totally detailed) delivered to your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. The charge also shows up on your room statement but the dr.s office does give you the bill. If you have Princess Insurance they will pay the bill, if not, your private insurance will pay whatever percentage they would normally pay.

I only write this because I visited the dr. on our Thanksgiving cruise. Yes, the cough drops cost $24.95 and generic afrin, I think was $27. Total bill for a bad cold was slightly over $100, but at least there is good care there for us when we need it, no matter who is at fault, the doctors get paid!!

IBFern: sorry about your mishap, I guess the only good part is that it happened at the

end of the cruise and not the beginning.

La Paz is not a sleepy little town. It is the state capital of Baja California Sur, population is

225,000 .

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Greg

IBFern: sorry about your mishap, I guess the only good part is that it happened at the

end of the cruise and not the beginning.

La Paz is not a sleepy little town. It is the state capital of Baja California Sur, population is

225,000 .

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Greg

Ain't that the truth. We had some CC friends on our previous cruise. They were doing a B2B2B and when she stepped on the ship the first day, she broke her foot!! In a wheelchair for 13 days. Luckily it was 3 shorties and not a 28 or more.

La Cucaroacha conga line princess style

The maitre d Oscar, head waiters and wait staff preformed a conga line all the way through the main dining room, dancing to La Cucaroacha (probably misspelled) which was hilarious, many joined the Line and I videoed part of it but of course am having a difficult time uploading it here, I'll try again tomorrow early in hopes that I can upload it. Meanwhile I was able to upload it to my facebook, it's under Amelia Hesson if you want to see it.

Jill Whelen sang and preformed tonight, she was quite good and funny too. Gavin got up and she sang to him and he sang to her, it was quite touching. I videoed some of that as well. Will try to upload that if I can tomorrow.

Thanks again for all your kind words and support, I really appreciate it. I was able to more around today thanks to good pain pills and my husbands steady hand. Yes I am glad it happened at the end of the cruise, but I am a trouper and would always make the best of whatever happens.

Kind regards to all,

Amelia

Yesterday we visited our last port Cabo San Lucas. I woke to a very aching body, my back, legs, hands, and even have a weird black and blue Mark on my "bird" finger, kind of funny trying to show it to others! I was bound and determined to not lay in bed and have a pity party, figuring that moving about would be the best medicine to keep from getting stiff. Also it did not hurt that I had some really good pain pills! After taking my time in the room, I went out at 10:30 and watched Ken eat--I had cheated last night with 4 chocolate hearts and Ken brought up a dessert which I ate but hardly remember because I was in shock from the day before's fall.

We went to trivia, which surprised my friends but I am not the kind of person who gives in to pain, rather I tend to push past it and move forward. Also, those pain pills really helped ;). After trivia I decided to get off the ship and shop a little in Cabo. Thankfully the ride over was pretty smooth and quick. We walked slowly around the dock and main drag past Senior Frogs and many many vendors. No, we were not interested in the "almost free" jewelry, and no we didn't want to take a ride to lovers beach, and so on. We passed the man who had an Iguana and offers to take pictures with him for a fee-- this is just blatant animal cruelty and it makes me ill and mad. After endless offers and annoying sellers, we decided that we had enough of Cabo and headed back to the ship. I bought a cool wrap around skirt, and a few tee shirts for my son and his wife. The tee shirt says " I don't need Google because my wife knows everything" what a crack up!

Back on the ship, I decide to have a protein shake rather than eat. I also notice that my body is beginning to ache more and more, but I don't like taking pain meds in the afternoon or evening so I just ignore the pain and rest a little. We go to afternoon trivia, it's a hard one but we do pretty good although we don't win, losing by one point. It's ok I have enough pens, lanyards, and so on to conduct my own trivia games back home! Maybe I'll have a trivia party.

Dinner is very good, Nelson our head waiter takes such good care of us as does our waiters, we will take good care of them on our last night which Is rapidly approaching. As we are eating I notice a lot of commotion happening at the entrance of the club restaurant. Before I know it, there is a Conga line led by Maitre d Oscar, all the head waiters and wait staff and they are snaking their way past the whole dining room, moving to the song La Cucarocha. It is hilarious and of course some of the dinners also get up and join the line. I just love this, I video their entrance and try to video more but then I just surrender to the joy of it and follow along with my eyes. What a sight! By the time they are done, I've already uploaded the video to my facebook, and try as I may I cannot upload it to cruise critic. I'll try again as soon as I finish writing this, or I'll do it when I get home in a few days. Waaa did I just say that? I'm not ready to leave, although my body is!

After dinner we get decent seats to watch Jill Whelen and her one woman show that she is developing. She is adorable, had a great personality and a good voice too. The show is great fun, she sings "There's no business like show business" while showing pictures of various stars she had experienced during the Love Boat filming which was so funny. One thing I can repeat is about how Betty White may cuss a bit more than other stars! This endears me to good old Betty even more.

Ted Lange sits next to use during the show, he is such a nice man and is so gracious, he will pose for pictures with anybody who asks. I really adore this man, in fact the whole cast are just incredible gracious and down to earth. They totally made this cruise special, a once in a lifetime experience. Every night Ken and I watch at least one episode of the Love Boat which is running continuously throughout the day and night. What memories it brings back to both of us.

By now I am pretty sore but I have to go to Jeopardized Trivia, my team is expecting me. Good thing because we win, of course I don't drink so we give the bottle of bubbly to the one couple who drinks. The fun is in winning, not in the prizes anyway. After the game we go to our room, I am very achy now and need to do that four letter word...rest! Sea dreams follow...

Just a couple of days before arriving back in LA. We are really rockin' and rolling. They've closed off the pool area and, I believe, Promenade deck. I was able to use my balcony until about 1pm but it's gotten too cold. Being in the very back of the ship, I can see the water, then the sky, the water, the sky, etc. Love it although I bet some people aren't happy. Taking a shower climbing into a relatively high tub should be "interesting." It's been a great cruise... so much fun and I'm sad it's ending but looking forward to preparing for Christmas next week.

When I get home, I'll post my comments. There have been hits but some serious misses.

The only time I was ever sea sick was a first night out of LA going south.I heard its the jet streams meeting.Or is that an ignorant assumption ?

Pleased this trip has turned out so well.Some of the different areas out of the popular ones seemed most interesting...:)

Woke yesterday to very cloudy sky's, the sea was very rough and the ship was heaving up and down and side to side. Of course this also brought a brilliant rainbow which seemed to be a proper beginning of the second to the last day of this journey. Throughout the day the waves got rougher and this little ship was tossed around enough so that most people were walking holding onto to rails and each other. This was not an ideal day for me with my bruised body and wobbly knees but I toughed it out and followed my ship routine;morning writing and coffee, journaling with pictures and cut outs, protein shake in room, trivia, shop, check bill, hang out with friends, small salad for lunch, more friends, rest, trivia, friends, rush off to dress for formal night, lovely dinner, admire the Christmas decorations that seemed to go up miraculously overnight, show, more friends, and finally back to room to skype my cousin, then off to bed.

The ship is all decked out for Christmas and it looks lovely. Tonight at dinner all the waiters had on Santa hats and there was caroling in the atrium. In concert with the physical changes on the ship, the weather has turned decidedly cooler and I had to break out the sweater and yoga pants. While I don't suffer from seasickness, many do and lots of people just stayed in their rooms trying to deal with the rough seas.

I walked cautiously, hanging on to Ken because I didn't want to fall and injure myself. Once Ken went to play bridge, I ducked into my room and rested. I had a message on my phone but could not understand it-it seemed to be left in MRI language, you know that loud garbling sound that make no sense and assault the ears. My phone has been broken for the entire cruise, if I can't pick up a call when it comes in, it gets lost and I can never retrieve it. I think this ship needs a new phone system, not sure why so many things are broken on this ship. It seems to be falling apart and desperately needs some love and care.

There was an "outlet" sale this morning but I got there so late that they were grabbing stuff as I was looking at them, I guess they have such a limited amount of space that they need to pack up quick and store it so they can take out other stuff. This ship is so small they just don't have the room to keep everything out. I've bought my fair share of ship stuff so they did me a favor, says dear Ken. Hahahaha.

After dinner we saw Ben Seidman, Comedian and Magician and winner of entertainer of the year in 2014. His show was interesting but it was so short. Maybe because the ship was so rocky, performing some basic tasks like standing on a chair became a chore for him. I bought his how to CD for my 9 year old grandson, it was $25. We have had so many wonderful entertainers on this cruise, I bought quite a few CDs.

The ship continued to rock and roll all day long, the sky's remained cloudy, and I heard that my home towns of Ventura's pier has been closed down because of huge waves which damaged it. This is a bummer. I hope that's all that got damaged at home.