Somewhat live on the Pacific Princess 50th Anniversary Cruise

ibfern

Hi Everybody,

Just finished muster drill, even the whole cast from the Love Boat joined us for muster. The Entertainment channel (ET) was on the ship snapping pics of the whole cast but I was able to get some great pics by asking the E reporter to take some pictures for me, she was quite kind and gladly did that for me. I also got a selfie pic with Isaac, dressed in his bartender outfit to boot!

Lots of dear old friends on as well as some folks I've know through CC but never met. It was fantastic to finally meet Roz!

Ok Jack jones will be singing the Love boat theme as we sail away, so I gotta go. I'll try to post as much as I can, till them...I'll be singing the theme song for awhile in my head!

Amelia

My dad (85 years young) is on this cruise sailing solo for the first time!

P.S. We were on the Sapphire together for Thanksgiving 2008! I remember you at the meet and greet at the Outrigger bar. You were so much fun!

Have a wonderful, fantastic cruise!

Hi Everybody,

Just finished muster drill, even the whole cast from the Love Boat joined us for muster. The Entertainment channel (ET) was on the ship snapping pics of the whole cast but I was able to get some great pics by asking the E reporter to take some pictures for me, she was quite kind and gladly did that for me. I also got a selfie pic with Isaac, dressed in his bartender outfit to boot!

Lots of dear old friends on as well as some folks I've know through CC but never met. It was fantastic to finally meet Roz!

Ok Jack jones will be singing the Love boat theme as we sail away, so I gotta go. I'll try to post as much as I can, till them...I'll be singing the theme song for awhile in my head!

Amelia

Amelia;

Have a great cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Sea Day

Yesterday day we finally got to the port by 1pm and it was empty. Everybody had already boarded and the check in looked like a ghost town! Haha my first late boarding.

Once onboard it seemed like I know every other person, because so many of us CCers on here, plus a couple of dance instructors I met when I was on the World Cruise in 2010. The ship was filled with celebrities, the Love boat cast, Jack Jones, and Entertainment tonight reporters and crew. We watched them snapping shot and giving interviews and I asked on of the crew to take my phone and get some pics, she gladly did this and I got some decent shots which I posted on my facebook (Amelia Hesson). Finally they all came down to the pool area and we got to take pics, I got several selfies with some of the cast, and Jack Jones sang the theme song as we sailed away. Wow great voice still and boy oh boy said he hold a high Note for what seemed like several minutes! We were all dancing and having a good time.

Had early dining, got a very small chicken breast with veggies because I am on a cleanse and watching what I eat! I know people think I am nutty to diet on a cruise but food doesn't make me happy, just fat! After dinner, and late dining started at 7:30 and we were gently asked to leave as we lingered over dinner.

We saw the late show, Sammi was lovely and Miguel Washington gave us about a twenty minutes of comedy, then the Pacific dancers and singers gave us a taste of things to come. Got to the room around 11pm and watched the Love Boat, whAt else!

It's the morning of the first day at sea and I just wanted to post a little now, shall post more later but trivia is at 10 and Kenny needs breakfast! Oh yes, they tried to take my kettle I brought, I asked then to provide me with one because I make a lot of herbal tea in my room and after a few minutes of discussion they let me keep it because thankfully it had an automatic shut off. Yeah!

More later...

Just finished breakfast, which was a large glass of water. Kenny had an omelet, potatoes, fruit, and OJ plus coffee. I'll wait a few hours and have a protein shake for brunch. So looking at the patter this is what I have highlighted for today: yoga class, which I already missed :), a lecture about what's in store on this epic cruise given by Sammi, a "Special Love Boat Event: 50 years of Princess Cruises" given by ship historian Shawn Dake, and then of course morning trivia. I'll miss the $500 treasure hunt unless somehow I find the time to do it! Our Meet and greet is at 11 in the Pacific Lounge, I should be ready for. Nap after that! Just kidding...

BTW our group is so large, we are the predominant group here and then my smaller inner group of dear friends are here with us making this such a special cruise. I am so excited to be back on the Pacific after several years of absence. It's a little worn, but still a lovely ship. The seas are a little bumpy but not sea sick bumpy at all. And we had breakfast with Jack Jones, well he was seated close to us, does that count?

Now on to the activities...more later

I am feeling your pain for you. I hate that you're not here. Fred Grandy has the best hair! He also seems to have a wife.

He's 67 - a bit old for a heartthrob... Of course the fact that he actually has hair is something. ::D

I asked Sammi - she hopes to be able to get Jack Jones to sing again.

Very nice turnout by the crew for our CC meeting today.

Yep. Place was packed. Peter and Chris are recruiting bridge players. Some dining time hiccups last night. Hoping it's all fixed tonight. Weather is great.

Hello Amelia and Others:

Sure wish we were cruising with you but this is such a busy time at home so we didn't even attempt to book the cruise.

Have fun and I will check in to see what is going on.

Wishing each of you a fantastic cruise.

Franky and Jack

PS Amelia ... Jack said to ask "any good dreams lately?" LOL